What's new

Why is Musharraf being hounded ??

We will debate this some other day I got to go, to all I hope I have not offended you if I have it’s ramadan I hope for your forgiveness.

Don't worry brother, you have not offended me at all. Likewise, I hope I have not offended you.

Ramzan Mubarak.

I don't understand why is Musharraf under threat of arrest despite he having honorably for Pakistan through the Lal Masjid operation. Twice, the Taliban tried to assassinate him. On the other hand, the man who went contrary to his position, the man who should have been called a traitor - Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry - was treated as a hero.

I believe if there is one person who can talk peace with India, it is Musharraf.

Only person who can talk peace with India is the current seating chief of army. As soon as they leave the chair even Pakistanis start to blame/accuse/curse them. Mushy is a spent bullet no need to pin your hopes on him.

Pakistan made a good decision joining the war on terror and cutting off all ties with the Taliban groups, who in the end were going to kill your soldiers and civilians anyways. Pakistan chose the wrong side of history (Taliban) and it was Musharraf who corrected that path and paved the road for the capture of Osama bin Laden and the state reclaiming its sovereignty from Lal Masjid type delusional groups.

Point is not the decision he made, what else he can do but to support war on terror, his failures were his actions against Pakistanis and igniting an internal conflict which have caused tremendous damage to our people, our economy.

Block Musharraf’s CNIC, passport ordered to restrict international travel and froze bank accounts

ISLAMABAD: In compliance with the order of a special court, the interior ministry has asked the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) and the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports to suspend the computerised national identity card and passport of former military ruler retired Gen Pervez Musharraf, sources said.

However, a Nadra official said they had received verbal directives in this regard and were only informed about the letter being sent by the ministry.

After the suspension of his CNIC and passport, the former president’s bank accounts would be frozen and his international travelling restricted.

Decision taken under direction of special court hearing treason case against former president

The special court hearing a high treason case against Mr Musharraf had on March 8 directed the interior ministry to suspend his passport and CNIC. However, implementation of the order was delayed since there was a certain time limit granted to the former president to comply with the court’s earlier directives.

ADVERTISEMENT

The special court had also ordered the interior ministry and other departments, divisions and agencies to take steps for the arrest of Mr Musharraf and attachment of his properties abroad if he failed to submit a written request for security during his appearance before the court within seven days.

The former military ruler is facing the treason trial for subverting the Constitution by declaring the state of emergency in November 2007.

A spokesman for Nadra neither confirmed nor denied the move to block Mr Musharraf’s CNIC on the last day of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government.

Ending his self-imposed exile, the former military ruler returned to the country in March 2013 and a ban was imposed on his travel abroad by courts the following month. After three years, in March 2016, he was able to leave for Dubai seeking medical treatment and has since not returned.

Published in Dawn, June 1st, 2018

I initially supported the scoundrel yet after a while I began to notice he was nothing more than a self aggrandizing power hungry egotistical clown, one only need to see his actions vis-a-vis "Lal Masjid" or read his book "In the line of fire".Kudos

I have read his book. There is a picture of the aftermath of a suicide bombing targeting him. The front part of the face of the bomber. I checked wikipedia and it says that there were four or five assassination attempts against him.

Surely he was doing something right. And then the Lal Masjid operation later. If later there is a film like 'Yalghaar' and there are real operations like Zarb-e-Azb dnd Radd-ul-Fasaad, surely, credit must go at least partially to Musharraf. And then he spoke of "Enlightened Moderation".

Okay, one wrong thing he did, in my opinion, was the insult to Mukhtaaran Mai when he said that she was doing all that to gain publicity.

Show me one example where Taliban & Haqqani have killed a single Pakistani soldier ? On the other hand, Prove it to me, A single TTP/Baloch Terrorist groomed, trained and controlled by Pakistan army and they came to bite them later on

Are you talking about "Good Taliban" and "Bad Taliban" ??

Who told you Iftikhar Chaudhry is a hero in Pakistan ?

Wasn't there a popular lawyer's movement at that time, seeking reinstatement of Chaudhry ??

The people I really point to is those types who for example cheered for Mumtaz Qadri.

Yep.

When all else fails, these people either:

1. Call you an evil Saudi-funded Salafi
2. Say you are a terrible ethnic nationalist who wants to balkanise Pakistan

I thought India with its variety of nationalities was divided, but from my experience on PDF, Pakistan is equally tribal/racial.

Well he was cornered in too many issues. First one laal masjid, everyone criticized him for allowing a "state with in state" but when he conducted the operation everyone criticized him for it. Also, one politically corrupt person (nawaz and co.) Partenered with another financially and morally corrupt person (iftikhar chaudhry) and destabilized the situation for Musharaf. Which forced him to first resign from Armed forces and then conduct elections. The final keel in the coffin was Benazir bhutto assasination which hurted his credibility as a premier.

But he was no angle though. He do habe his fair share lf treason with Pakistan which includes (and not limited to) allowing drones strikes, handing over Pakistanis (mostly drug addicts) to USA, allowing drones from operating with in Pakistan, saying yes sir to each amd every demand of US on a single phone call and many.

It seems that @BATMAN has a different opinion to your second paragraph.

@Babur The Uzbek Tiger

When you are ruling a nation with 150 million inhabitants, You must think twice about the implications of any action, you must act wisely, But Mushi lacks leadership qualities rather he was more like typical dictators of middle eastern countries, who love power and luxury, never given any importance to lives of common citizens, he just disliked whoever opposed him or his views and used coercive force to compel them, That is how i and majority of Pakistanis think of him.

But the Taliban saw him as enough threat so they tried to assassinate him four or five times. :unsure:

Surely, someone like that should be supported.

Only person who can talk peace with India is the current seating chief of army. As soon as they leave the chair even Pakistanis start to blame/accuse/curse them. Mushy is a spent bullet no need to pin your hopes on him.

Well, they say that long distance gives better perspective.

Mushy was one of the founders of the PML-Q party. Maybe if he is allowed to participate in the Pakistani soon-to-be-held national election, he can join with PPP to then win a commanding position.

Block Musharraf’s CNIC, passport ordered to restrict international travel and froze bank accounts

ISLAMABAD: In compliance with the order of a special court, the interior ministry has asked the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) and the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports to suspend the computerised national identity card and passport of former military ruler retired Gen Pervez Musharraf, sources said.

However, a Nadra official said they had received verbal directives in this regard and were only informed about the letter being sent by the ministry.

After the suspension of his CNIC and passport, the former president’s bank accounts would be frozen and his international travelling restricted.

Decision taken under direction of special court hearing treason case against former president

The special court hearing a high treason case against Mr Musharraf had on March 8 directed the interior ministry to suspend his passport and CNIC. However, implementation of the order was delayed since there was a certain time limit granted to the former president to comply with the court’s earlier directives.

ADVERTISEMENT

The special court had also ordered the interior ministry and other departments, divisions and agencies to take steps for the arrest of Mr Musharraf and attachment of his properties abroad if he failed to submit a written request for security during his appearance before the court within seven days.

The former military ruler is facing the treason trial for subverting the Constitution by declaring the state of emergency in November 2007.

A spokesman for Nadra neither confirmed nor denied the move to block Mr Musharraf’s CNIC on the last day of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government.

Ending his self-imposed exile, the former military ruler returned to the country in March 2013 and a ban was imposed on his travel abroad by courts the following month. After three years, in March 2016, he was able to leave for Dubai seeking medical treatment and has since not returned.

Published in Dawn, June 1st, 2018

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
The biggest failure of pakistan as a nation is failure to bring Musharraf to court and force army to court martial him...

He was sitting on tv yesterday saying that elections shud be delayed

But the Taliban saw him as enough threat so they tried to assassinate him four or five times. :unsure:

Surely, someone like that should be supported.
Again he was not just a COAS, he was a ruler and as a ruler he failed his nation. He was converting us in a puppet state for his ambitions similar to the middle eastern dictator, if USA have fully supported him just like Assad is supported by Russia in syria, then we would have seen a much greater civilian conflict in Pakistan today.

I refer to facts and logic.
His allegations are idiotic, Musharraf can't be charged for crimes happened when he was long gone.

Yah. Like the handing over control of Shmasi airbase to CIA, Aafia Siqiqi to CIA, handing over thousands of Pakistanis (which even authorities accepted now) to USA. I am no perokar of Musharaf. I do admire his courage and some actions he took but thata it. I will criticise him for his wrong doings. Pakistan literally had a zero foreign policy back then. We worked on phone calls from Pentagon and White house. Yes my friend, you are right, all that happened "after" he was long gone.

@jamahir

He shud be.made an example by army so.no general in future dares to do such treachery.... skin him alive

Yah. Like the handing over control of Shmasi airbase to CIA, Aafia Siqiqi to CIA, handing over thousands of Pakistanis (which even authorities accepted now) to USA.

There was nothing wrong in allowing US the conditional and limited use of Shamsi air base.
Whatever happened to Afia is unfortunate but she was apprehended in Afghanistan. However following regime may have ask for repatriation.
I'm not aware of those thousands f Pakistan... which you refer here, probably another fiction.

:pakistan: Musharaf (Ex Military Head and Head of Pakistani state) with out doubt a National Hero and Asset

Achivements:
Helps take Pakistan towards prosperity
Helped setup NADRA
Helped fast track Gawadar construction
Various Water projects were fast tracked

Well, they say that long distance gives better perspective.

Mushy was one of the founders of the PML-Q party. Maybe if he is allowed to participate in the Pakistani soon-to-be-held national election, he can join with PPP to then win a commanding position.
He is free to fight elections in Pakistan, he has to face the law of the land though for what he is accuessed of. And considering He was declared a fugitive in Benazir's assasination case I doubt joining hands with PPP is an option.

I'm not aware of those thousands f Pakistan... which you refer here, probably another fiction.

Sure...

Musharraf handed over 4,000 Pakistanis to foreign countries
1687073-musharrafpervezphotoinpx-1523893314.jpg

Most of extradited persons sent to US in exchange of dollars, says Justice Iqbal. PHOTO: INP

ISLAMABAD: Former military ruler General (retd) Pervez Musharraf secretly handed over as many as 4,000 Pakistanis to foreign countries, mainly to the United States.

This was revealed by head of the commission on missing persons on Monday.

In a briefing to the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Human Rights, Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal said that former interior minister Aftab Ahmad Sherpao was also part of the “secret handover”.

Iqbal, who is also chairman of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), further said the Musharraf regime extradited those Pakistanis in exchange of US dollars.

He asserted that there was no provision in the country’s law for such extraditions. No one including the Parliament ever questioned the role of Musharraf and Sherpao in this dark episode, Justice Iqbal regretted.

He said Musharraf’s illegal and unlawful action must have been investigated. “As per the law and the Constitution, how could someone secretly hand over the Pakistani nationals to any other country?” he questioned.

Musharraf ruined country, now seeks security to return home: Maryam

Speaking on the missing persons’ case, he said some foreign agencies were also involved in enforced disappearances to give a bad name to the country’s secret agencies, including the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and the Military Intelligence (MI).

Missing persons

Justice Iqbal also claimed that the figures of missing persons in Balochistan were often exaggerated. There were several groups operating in the province and many missing persons joined those outfits, he insisted.

The NAB chief said he had asked the Balochistan authorities to provide official figures about the missing persons but they did not respond to his request

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1687073/1-musharraf-handed-4000-pakistanis-foreign-countries/

conditional and limited use

Oh... is it so ? Tell me what were the "conditions" and "limits" other then killing Pakistani civilians along suspected persons.? How were the use of shamsi airbase "limited". Do you mean they were not supposed to hit President house and Prime minister house. (Hence the limit) o_O

And then he call my views " idiotic allegations".

Surely, someone like that should be supported

A single 300-400 meter long bazaar in Peshawar (Qisa-khwani bazar) have seen 23 bomb blasts (mainly suicide). Those shopkeepers must be doing a hell of a job i guess. :lol:

Whatever happened to Afia is unfortunate but she was apprehended in Afghanistan.

I heard it was karachi. Well thats what her sister says. Do you know things better then her sister ? I dont think so.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom