What's new

Why is Musharraf being hounded ??

I am not ethnic nor am I Indo aryan I am just a Pakistani, against injustice for all.

So am I, but I think the poverty situation of places outside of major cities in Pakistan is a bit more nuanced than people make it out to be.

Why we are dragging this topic towards creation of Pakistan and how superior my tribe is ?
Asalamu Alaikum

Because some people decided to accuse @ghilzai of being a wannabe Afghan.

In all fairness, he is a Pashtun and Afghan was a term synonymous with Pashtuns, but we all know what those people really meant.

Last edited:
I don't understand why is Musharraf under threat of arrest despite he having honorably for Pakistan through the Lal Masjid operation. Twice, the Taliban tried to assassinate him. On the other hand, the man who went contrary to his position, the man who should have been called a traitor - Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry - was treated as a hero.

I believe if there is one person who can talk peace with India, it is Musharraf.

---

@Zibago @django @Mentee @RealNapster @Moonlight

Well he was cornered in too many issues. First one laal masjid, everyone criticized him for allowing a "state with in state" but when he conducted the operation everyone criticized him for it. Also, one politically corrupt person (nawaz and co.) Partenered with another financially and morally corrupt person (iftikhar chaudhry) and destabilized the situation for Musharaf. Which forced him to first resign from Armed forces and then conduct elections. The final keel in the coffin was Benazir bhutto assasination which hurted his credibility as a premier.

But he was no angle though. He do habe his fair share lf treason with Pakistan which includes (and not limited to) allowing drones strikes, handing over Pakistanis (mostly drug addicts) to USA, allowing drones from operating with in Pakistan, saying yes sir to each amd every demand of US on a single phone call and many.

Because some people decided to accuse @ghilzai of being a wannabe Afghan.

In all fairness, he is a Pashtun and Afghan was a term synonymous with Pashtuns, but we all know what those people really meant.
We Pakistani are quick in labeling and passing judgement/fatwa on others

but at the same time you have some Pashtun who still believe in loy afghnaistan/pashtunistan and feel more closer to kabul than ISLAMABAD . This obsession with ethnic will take us nowhere and i am saying this for all ethnic groups of Pakistan. Glorious past(if existed) is gone. We all should accept present realities and identities and should work for betterment of our country by showing unity and tolerance toward each others.

but at the same time you have some Pashtun who still believe in loy afghnaistan/pashtunistan and feel more closer to kabul than ISLAMABAD . This obsession with ethnic will take us nowhere and i am saying thsi for all ethnic groups of Pakistan. Glorious past(if existed) is gone. We all should accept present realities and identities and should work for betterment of our country by showing unity and tolerance toward each others.

No Pashtun feels closer to the modern state of Afghanistan than they do the Pakistani one. People is a different story, but even then that's only a minority.

but at the same time you have some Pashtun who still believe in loy afghnaistan/pashtunistan and feel more closer to kabul than ISLAMABAD . This obsession with ethnic will take us nowhere and i am saying this for all ethnic groups of Pakistan. Glorious past(if existed) is gone. We all should accept present realities and identities and should work for betterment of our country by showing unity and tolerance toward each others.

We have all moved on, no loye Afghanistan here, no body thinks along those line that’s just a frustration tool, look at how bacha khan got rejected.

Hypocracy here is some Pakistanis will raise slogan of breaking Afghanistan along ethnic lines and incorporating pushtoon areas in to Pakistan but when it comes to Pakistan we shouldn’t have ethnic lines as it’s all for Muslims and Muslims for all.

Pushtoons themselves are not one race, some are iranic some are Turkic.

No Pashtun feels closer to the modern state of Afghanistan than they do the Pakistani one. People is a different story, but even then that's only a minority.
well i have met few but still i will not judge entire ethnic group based on views of few because majority pashtun are patriot loyal Pakistani and they are pride of Pakistan.

well i have met few but still i will not judge entire ethnic group based on views of few because majority pashtun are patriot loyal Pakistani and they are pride of Pakistan.

They are some of the fiercest Pakistanis you will ever meet.

I don't understand why is Musharraf under threat of arrest despite he having honorably for Pakistan through the Lal Masjid operation. Twice, the Taliban tried to assassinate him. On the other hand, the man who went contrary to his position, the man who should have been called a traitor - Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry - was treated as a hero.

I believe if there is one person who can talk peace with India, it is Musharraf.

---

@Zibago @django @Mentee @RealNapster @Moonlight

When you are ruling a nation with 150 million inhabitants, You must think twice about the implications of any action, you must act wisely, But Mushi lacks leadership qualities rather he was more like typical dictators of middle eastern countries, who love power and luxury, never given any importance to lives of common citizens, he just disliked whoever opposed him or his views and used coercive force to compel them, That is how i and majority of Pakistanis think of him.

Last edited:
Hypocracy here is some Pakistanis will raise slogan of breaking Afghanistan along ethnic lines and incorporating pushtoon areas in to Pakistan but when it comes to Pakistan we shouldn’t have ethnic lines as it’s all for Muslims and Muslims for all.

That's because Afghanistan wasn't made in the name of Islam, and by incorporating Pashtuns into our country it would not only unify the Pashtuns, but also plenty of Muslims.

Pashtuns are all Iranic. Some of you may have Turkic ancestry, but you are still Iranic.

It's like me saying I'm Iranic because I have some Baluchi ancestry, I'm simply not because I don't speak an Iranic language and most of my family are not Baluchi.

We have all moved on, no loye Afghanistan here, no body thinks along those line that’s just a frustration tool, look at how bacha khan got rejected.

I dont think Pakistan was even bother to interfere in Afghanistan if they never had anti Pakistan policies since creation of Pakistan. It was in best interest of Pakistan to have Afghanistan as a friendly neighbor . Now boht countries should concentrate in whats going on in their country . First unite people within your country before breaking others

That's because Afghanistan wasn't made in the name of Islam, and by incorporating Pashtuns into our country it would not only unify the Pashtuns, but also plenty of Muslims.

Pashtuns are all Iranic. Some of you may have Turkic ancestry, but you are still Iranic.

Read shanameh and many books and even genetics will point out that not all pushtoons are iranic, however they have adopted the culture and the language.

Read up on khalaj/ghilzais and you will understand better, that’s why we as ghilzais don’t look at other pushtoons as same as us.

Read shanameh and many books and even genetics will point out that not all oushtoons are iranic, however they have adopted the culture and the language.

Read up on khalaj/ghilzais and you will understand better, that’s why we as ghilzais don’t look at other pushtoons as same as us.

I know you have Turkic admixture and that the Ghiliji tribe are descended from Turks who came to the region, but you are currently all Iranic. You speak an Iranic language and look Iranic (heck, some of you even look Indo-Aryan, but definitely not Turkic), you are Iranic.

I know you have Turkic admixture and that the Ghiliji tribe are descended from Turks who came to the region, but you are currently all Iranic. You speak an Iranic language and look Iranic (heck, some of you even look Indo-Aryan, but definitely not Turkic), you are Iranic.

We will debate this some other day I got to go, to all I hope I have not offended you if I have it’s ramadan I hope for your forgiveness.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom