What's new

Why is it so easy to "Hurt the feelings of the Chinese people"? Are they really that Sensitive?

I find it really strange that there is no identification paper that show someone is legally a resident or not in Australia.

Google turn up the following :-

You don't know what does it mean by "Non-Resident" Non-Resident is anything other than Citizens, Permanent Resident and Legal Temporary Resident, of course Permanent Resident have to have identification, because it give you work right in Australia. By the way, if you are a permanent resident, you are legal to purchase a home in Australia. It doesn't matter if you still have Chinese or anywhere else citizenship.How about other temporary resident? Say Working Holiday maker? Which is a visa you can applies online.

How about Citizen? There are only 1 document that can prove you are an Australian Citizen and that is the passport, by law, you are not require to have one, and in fact, many Australian do not have one.

Also, ATO residency certificate is not a legal document to prove one residency, that is because that "residency" is for tax purpose, not for immigration status.

I am sure Australia government has a way to check if someone is an Australia resident or not. In the states, everyone has a Social Security Number; in China, everyone has a national ID. It would be a surprise to me if Australia Gov. has no way to check a home buyers's credential.

If there are loopholes in the legal system, don't blame on lawyers, blame on law makers.

Of course the government have ways to track who is Australian Resident or who is not, but is it the government who sell the Chinese buyer their house?

Selling/Buying house is a private transaction, which mean it does not require government input to buy houses, and that is not a loophole, it is the same everywhere.

Or if you are suggesting that everyone need a certificate or something from the government to prove residence before buying properties, that is not going to happen because of the privacy act. Also it did not address my issue, just because you can get away with the crime, that does not mean committing those crime become legal. My problem is with people who do not respect law, and people who justify breaking the law, which is what you are doing now.

I think every country have different sentiment some take things lightly and some dont.
behavior of nation its a known fact that chines are more sensitive towards its country's image than american or anyone els.
They are our friends and its their right that dont get hurt atleast from people who call them friends and Pakistanies are reliable.

That is fine, they can be sensitive about anything they want.
Nepal is sensitive about certain things
Brazil is sensitive about certain things
Madagascar is sensitive about certain things.

But non of those countries are trying to influence the world so no one is attacking their sensitives.

China has set up confusious institutes as a way to directly influence other nations.
They also demand companies tow their line.
Their people are physically attacking freedom of speech in Canada.

I am sorry bro, but if China doesn't want to get it's feelings hurt they should have stopped trying to interfere in our lives.

As for "friend"
It literally doesn't matter, we can disagree with Chinese people all we want as they have no power to do anything.
Only one who is important in China is Mr. Xi and for him CPEC is too important to cancel.

As long as Mr. Xi thinks CPEC is important to him personally, rest is just tamasha.

Of course the government have ways to track who is Australian Resident or who is not, but is it the government who sell the Chinese buyer their house?

Selling/Buying house is a private transaction, which mean it does not require government input to buy houses, and that is not a loophole, it is the same everywhere.

Or if you are suggesting that everyone need a certificate or something from the government to prove residence before buying properties, that is not going to happen because of the privacy act. Also it did not address my issue, just because you can get away with the crime, that does not mean committing those crime become legal. My problem is with people who do not respect law, and people who justify breaking the law, which is what you are doing now.

Are you having problems with Chinese buying properties in Australia, or you are having problem with mainland Chinese in general? You should present yourself honestly so we can identify your true issue.

Are you having problems with Chinese buying properties in Australia, or you are having problem with mainland Chinese in general? You should present yourself honestly so we can identify your true issue.

I am having problem people (Regardless of their gender or race or nationality) not respecting law and making excuse of breaking law.

You can buy properties in Australia or anywhere, as long as you do it within the legal requirement, if you do that, I have no problem with you.

It is Chinese people who are most qualified to judge Chinese government or political system. Not westerners, Hongkongers, or Taiwanese. Strange thing is, most Chinese people support China government and the mainstream anti-China voices came from non-mainland Chinese.

Some say it is because Chinese are brainwashed by CCP. Wrong. Each year more than 100 million Chinese go abroad. Millions of young Chinese are studing abroad. Most them say "一出国,就爱国”(You love China even more once you got chance to go abroad.)

Most Chinese don't like this guy because he is not an honest person. He uses lies to meet westerners' "evil China" emotion. He can only cheat non-Chinese

Both of you are right.

serpentza is a treasure trove of knowledge about china. Its fair to say my current understanding of china comes from his valuable youtube vlogs. I trust his information FAR more than even vlogs by Indians who visit china.

He is sharp, classy and goes into specifics.

And you are also right that his current trend of negative posts about china is probably fueled by a desire to get a US visa or citizenship. And who can blame him for that ?

That being said, he is still honest and truthful about china. Only he is more brutal now and is unapologetic about his vlog since he does not have to fear chinese govt. anymore.

Overall he has helped me understand china and on a balance I respect china based on his vlogs.

It is Chinese people who are most qualified to judge Chinese government or political system. Not westerners, Hongkongers, or Taiwanese. Strange thing is, most Chinese people support China government and the mainstream anti-China voices came from non-mainland Chinese.

Some say it is because Chinese are brainwashed by CCP. Wrong. Each year more than 100 million Chinese go abroad. Millions of young Chinese are studing abroad. Most them say "一出国,就爱国”(You love China even more once you got chance to go abroad.)

Most Chinese don't like this guy because he is not an honest person. He uses lies to meet westerners' "evil China" emotion. He can only cheat non-Chinese
Since when are hongkongers and Taiwanese not chinese?

So if the Chinese are only defined to "mainland" China then what are they occupying Hong Kong, Xinjiang, Tibet amd laying false claims to Taiwan?

You in your sheer ignorance just agreed with all that, what the "westerners" have been saying. Also you agreed with the fact that China is occupying foreign lands and so the reports of genocide coming out of there have some sort of truth.

Since when are hongkongers and Taiwanese not chinese?

So if the Chinese are only defined to "mainland" China then what are they occupying Hong Kong, Xinjiang, Tibet amd laying false claims to Taiwan?

You in your sheer ignorance just agreed with all that, what the "westerners" have been saying. Also you agreed with the fact that China is occupying foreign lands and so the reports of genocide coming out of there have some sort of truth.
Hongkong and Taiwan are not under Chinese government control. Just like westerners, HKers and Taiwanese don't know much about Chinese government and policies.

Both of you are right.

serpentza is a treasure trove of knowledge about china. Its fair to say my current understanding of china comes from his valuable youtube vlogs. I trust his information FAR more than even vlogs by Indians who visit china.

He is sharp, classy and goes into specifics.

And you are also right that his current trend of negative posts about china is probably fueled by a desire to get a US visa or citizenship. And who can blame him for that ?

That being said, he is still honest and truthful about china. Only he is more brutal now and is unapologetic about his vlog since he does not have to fear chinese govt. anymore.

Overall he has helped me understand china and on a balance I respect china based on his vlogs.
Why would he feared China in the first place? No one asked him to stay in China. He could leave China at any time. Whatever you think. Time will prove China's govern mold will win west.

Hongkong and Taiwan are not under Chinese government control. Just like westerners, HKers and Taiwanese don't know much about Chinese government and policies.

Why would he feared China in the first place? No one asked him to stay in China. He could leave China at any time. Whatever you think. Time will prove China's govern mold will win west.

Are you seriously asking me why a foreigner living in china has to fear the chinese govt. ? :lol:

He could not leave china anytime he wanted since his wife is chinese and the material for his vlog comes from china. He is the china street sense expert and his work would suffer if he left china prematurely.

I have no doubt that the chinese govt model will adapt and change as it has done in the past.

Are you seriously asking me why a foreigner living in china has to fear the chinese govt. ? :lol:

He could not leave china anytime he wanted since his wife is chinese and the material for his vlog comes from china. He is the china street sense expert and his work would suffer if he left china prematurely.

I have no doubt that the chinese govt model will adapt and change as it has done in the past.
This guy's work is English teacher. Which is labelled as useless foreigner. It is already a mercy that Chinese government allowed him to legally work in China for such long time. He should leave earlier. Why he stayed China so long if he hates China so much.

According to what you said, he stayed in China so that he could make videos to badmouth China. Good reason.

Well... This thread is basically saying "Look I was right about Chinese..."
Now can we take the few Chinese on this Forum as generality... obviously not...
But it doesn't help the cause either...

As for the "Only Chinese can criticize China" and yet "Chinese can also criticize others"... let's say... something is wrong in that logic...

Last... Anyone can criticize whatever he want... as long as it's without insults and low level personal attacks... And whoever isn't happy with it... they can still join their own "country made platform"... As for the others, Thank you for the behavior that you show outside your borders.(unfortunately a small minority... in this Forum)

This guy's work is English teacher. Which is labelled as useless foreigner. It is already a mercy that Chinese government allowed him to legally work in China for such long time. He should leave earlier. Why he stayed China so long if he hates China so much.

According to what you said, he stayed in China so that he could make videos to badmouth China. Good reason.

Its irrelevant what you "label" him or anyone else.

His vlogs provide valuable insight into chinese society and culture. I see no reason for him to either "love" china or "hate" china. So his inputs are relevant.

If you watch his other videos he has always been very positive about China, but only lately he has become negative.

If you watch his other videos he has always been very positive about China, but only lately he has become negative.

"He has always been very positive about China"? He was somewhat fair in the beginning until he discovered that China-bashing sells far better. There are many people in the West who just cant stomach the fact that China is getting stronger and wealthier by day.

Here is how an American sees this guy:

Lol
We Chinese demand Pakistan to change their cult
And stop producing terrorist
This more sensible.
Last but not least, try to stand by yourself. And stop asking China protecting your country in UN.

I wouldn't talk so big. When push comes to shove Pakistan can make China's life very difficult. The peace process is concluding in Afghanistan and a million armed men will be trigger happy to interfere in Xinjiang. The Turks are developing a strong relationship with Pakistan and we can easily involve them in causing espionage operations in Xinjiang by funding, arming and training the Uyghurs. Less not forget China wants to tap the trillion-dollar resources held in Afghanistan. No one gets to touch that without getting Pakistan's approval.

The Taliban are coming back to power and they are much stronger than before under the control of the Haqqani Network (ISI backed group). Pakistan convinced the Taliban back in 1997 not to intervene claiming nothing was wrong in Xinjiang. One single order from Pakistan would change that and then you will know what shit hits the fan looks like. This group has defeated the Soviets and the Americans so don't think for one second the Chinese are untouchable.

Chinese people have every right to defend China but don't threaten Pakistan. By changing our policy we would have the American's jumping up in joy and they will fund a campaign to destabilize Xinjiang. They just don't have local support in the region but one word from Pakistan can change that. The Chinese military knows this hence why they keep a close relationship with the Pakistani military.

China's opening policy was helped by Pakistan when we connected Beijing with Washington. People within the CPC know this hence why they have respected Pakistan for decades. Don't speak above your pay grade. You are nobody while the real boss in China is CPC.

This issue is rising among the Muslim world, it just takes one fatwa to call for a Jihad and then you will see a whole list of foreign fighters outside China's gates. The last one was called during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan with American support. Do I want to see that happen? No. But don't come on a Pakistani forum and look down on us.

Back
Top Bottom