What's new

Why is Iran so anti isreal?

@Era_923,
I, for one, don't think Iran is supporting Palestinians to score some 'browny points' in the larger Muslim community. I think Iran, being a theocracy has a large role to do with this seemingly-suicidal policy by Iran.

I don't want a conflict between Iran and the rest to happen. We Pakistanis are inheritors from not only India but also from central Asians, Turks, Arabs, and Persians. To us, all are equal. I wish we had a visionary leader to mediate between the estranged brothers. But the way it is going--Iran will lose big way. It can certainly fight and bleed Israel as a one-on-one. But not the West, Israel and the GCC-led Arab countries.
If I may...Iran should backtrack. Even Palestine is not worth the bloodbath in the region.
If this support is leading to a bloodbath,well I will agree with you then.
It's like we support 3-4 millions people in a price that 3-4 million of our own country get killed.totally worthless.
But the war is not as near as you thing.There is quite a sabre-rattling,but we have still a far distance to a war.

If I may...Iran should backtrack. Even Palestine is not worth the bloodbath in the region.

I would agree with you there. I hope Iran does back off from this suicidal path against Isreal. I say this as a Pakistani, well wisher and neighbour of Iran. The Arabs are not worth this.

@ Era 923

I am intrigued by your referance to Sa'di. I just wonder is that sentiment for the 'underdog' viz Palestinians common amongst Iranian people? Does the anti Isreal policy enjoy general public support?

I would agree with you there. I hope Iran does back off from this suicidal path against Isreal. I say this as a Pakistani, well wisher and neighbour of Iran. The Arabs are not worth this.

@ Era 923

I am intrigued by your referance to Sa'di. I just wonder is that sentiment for the 'underdog' viz Palestinians common amongst Iranian people? Does the anti Isreal policy enjoy general public support?
last time I checked,yes.Not all of Iranians,but yes, we can call them majority.
Now you want to call Iranians illiterate because of this?I'm asking that because you mentioned something like this in your first post.Does supporting Palestinians come from illiteracy and ignorance?

last time I checked,yes.Not all of Iranians,but yes, we can call them majority.
Now you want to call Iranians illiterate because of this?I'm asking that because you mentioned something like this in your first post.Does supporting Palestinians come from illiteracy and ignorance?

Yes, I am afraid it does in my opinion in the Pakistani context. I off course do not regard Iran as illiterate. That is why I was asking why Iran supports Isreal despite being a well educated, savvy nation.

In the case of pakistan, yes amongst the general public there is rampant anti Isreal sentiment. The reason why I call that 'ignorent' is because Pakistan does not have any oil, we are short of gas, in fact we have very few natural resources. Being a a poor country we cannot afford the luxury of supporting Palestine and buying Isreali anger towards us.

Besides we have giant India a country almost 7 times bigger than us to contend with. In our own backyard in occupied Kashmir for more cruelty is being inflicted on our Kashmiri brothers by Indians than what Isreali's are doing to the Palestinians. So we really have to rationalise our energy. Palestine has to to in my view take second place. That is what I meant ignorence in the Pakistani context.

This of course is not a view shared by many Pakistani's.

Kashmir

Mass graves of Kashmir.

The mass graves of Kashmir | World news | The Guardian
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/23/world/asia/23kashmir.html
The dead begin to speak up in India | Arundhati Roy | Comment is free | The Guardian

When this is happening to our brothers right next to us in Indian Occupied Kashmir we don't have the luxury of burdening ourselves with Isreali hostilty and worry about Isreali occupied West Bank. We also have 1.2 billion Indians to contend with and we don't have any oil to provide us a economic cushion.

These are the ugly realities our half starved, half literate masses don't appreciate. Neccessity demands we accept Realpolitik.

In the case of pakistan, yes amongst the general public there is rampant anti Isreal sentiment. The reason why I call that 'ignorent' is because Pakistan does not have any oil, we are short of gas, in fact we have very few natural resources. Being a a poor country we cannot afford the luxury of supporting Palestine and buying Isreali anger towards us.

That's a very jaundiced view of life. To dismiss people's opinions as 'ignorant and illiterate' because you don't agree with them does not further debate.

Using your exact arguments, you would have supported the Nazis against the Jews because the Nazis had all the science and technology. Had the Nazis won, they would have written the history books to suit their view, just as the Israelis portray themselves as the 'victims' in all this.

To answer your question, Iran has read public opinion on the street (both Arab and Iranian) and is reflecting popular sentiments. Just because the undemocratic Arab regimes are morally bankrupt and, having given up any hope of standing up to Israel, are now backstabbing Iran because it dares to do what they themselves are incapable of doing, does not mean Iran should follow the Arab regimes' cowardice in kowtowing to Israeli arrogance.

Why are zionists (Israel) and the West so pro-Israel, anti-Palestinian and anti-Muslim?

Who is occupying whose lands? Who is meddling in whose business? Who is overthrowing other countries governments? Who is imposing "sanctions" on whom?

That's the real question. Iran has not and is not doing anything wrong. They are merely victims of western imperialism.

Maybe they aren't as bright as you think they are. They easily got rooked by the mullahs and ayatollah. :bunny:
Oh and did you know your dog has even bited yourself too, you bright kid?

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atanz, now please say how we can be friend with such govt which has even bited its master?
And if we support Israel then what would be the difference between Iran and those coward traitors in GCC who are in bed with Israel for example?

It can certainly fight and bleed Israel as a one-on-one. But not the West, Israel and the GCC-led Arab countries.

You are concentrating on the narrow issue, which doesnt really change anything. Let me expand on the points already mentioned in this thread (like support for oppressed and occupied Palestinian nation):

* Iran's support for Palestinians and Hezbollah is a minor issue, its NOT the root cause of West sabotaging of Iran.

* Even if Iran would stop supporting them completely, it wouldnt change a thing.

Here is why:

West (namely US) wants to install puppet regime in Iran at all costs, due to extremely high natural resources and crucial strategic location.

Israel doesnt want power balance, they want to be the only dominant force in ME and do whatever they pleases, without repercussions.

Therefore Iran would be under fire regardless what they support or say, so if outcome is the same, why not be a good human beings and support oppressed? Why not speak frankly how it is?

Its another point Iran is blamed for "why they arent polite with the West?". Because politeness with aggressors wont change anything either. "Mr. Thief, thank you for stopping by to steal my things, would you want a tea while you rob me?" :)

Due to a massive, strategic mistake done by the current regime. They believed in "Pan-islamism" but it doesn't work.

Now the question is how this can be revised.

The Israeli side isn't making things better either by their constant rhetoric and actions. The only winner in this game are the Panarabs/Wahhabis.

Due to a massive, strategic mistake done by the current regime. They believed in "Pan-islamism" but it doesn't work.

Now the question is how this can be revised.

The Israeli side isn't making things better either by their constant rhetoric and actions. The only winner in this game are the Panarabs/Wahhabis.

we don't want revise ! just wipe out :coffee:

Muslims care about othere muslims, when your weak and disunited you cant do much, but those with true iman in there hearts will always care

Back
Top Bottom