What's new

Why is China opening so many fronts ?

Sinking ships by ramming and putting sailors lives at risk or depriving much worse off countries of their maritime resources like fishing or oil by continuous intimidation, building artificial islands 100s of miles away from your shoreline , these are not examples of peace or peaceful rise.
And your claim in the south China sea is so over the top , that no normal person would consider it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_in_the_South_China_Sea
Those small sea and island disputes are everywhere in the world, no one dies and it doesn't affect friendly relations between disputed claimants. Really territorial disputes are like the ones between India and Pakistan or India with China, which has major consequences to the cross country relations, which China doesn't have any except the one with India,even though China has 14 land neigbors, the most in the world and India only has several

I don't think China sees an advantage with that. That is why Xi was trying hard to get Modi to agree to a friendly relationship back in 2018. Modi unilaterally chose to get on the anti-China bandwagon and the unfortunate incident of last week is the culmination of many steps taken towards that end. You can argue that China has escalated the problem to irreparable circumstances, which may be true. However, it has been Modi who has taken repeated initiatives to take an anti-China stance.
Modi probably has invested the most political capital in trying to improve relations with china . He has interacted the most with china since being elected. All those sessions and meetings with xi, modi has a lot of explaining to do for his naivety.

Modi probably has invested the most political capital in trying to improve relations with china . He has interacted the most with china since being elected. All those sessions and meetings with xi, modi has a lot of explaining to do for his naivety.
He can take an antagonistic and hostile path and see how China cares and how that can help India.

You can think that way. But obviously all of the events of the past few months squarely prove you wrong. It is clear India is joining the US led anti-China bandwagon. Really it is not that surprising. Hindu Nationalists see European and White right wing movements as allies. Combine that with the general Indian sentiment of nearly worshiping White people and looking down on "Chinkies", plus China's traditional alliance with Pakistan, these forces just make the choice so obvious for Modi to ally with the Anglos to contain China now that an organized alliance was taking shape.

Sinking ships by ramming and putting sailors lives at risk
Chinese are simply terrible LOL, should be taking a page of how the MIGHTY INDIAN NAVY blasting a Thai fishing boat out of the water without investigation beforehand for the purpose of "Power Show off"?

upload_2020-6-24_0-29-50.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/world/africa/27pirate.html

You can think that way. But obviously all of the events of the past few months squarely prove you wrong. It is clear India is joining the US led anti-China bandwagon. Really it is not that surprising. Hindu Nationalists see European and White right wing movements as allies. Combine that with the general Indian sentiment of nearly worshiping White people and looking down on "Chinkies", plus China's traditional alliance with Pakistan, these forces just make the choice so obvious for Modi to ally with the Anglos to contain China now that an organized alliance was taking shape.
You forget that i have worked for a few weeks in China. This white worship exists all over asia , i wont deny it in India.
And the Chinese incursion took place in April, while Indian and Australian PMs met in June. So lets not give incorrect timelines.

Chinese are simply terrible LOL, should be taking a page of how the MIGHTY INDIAN NAVY blasting a Thai fishing boat out of the water without investigation beforehand for the purpose of "Power Show off"?

View attachment 644199
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/world/africa/27pirate.html
Good job googling a 12 year old anti piracy incident gone wrong. Did India do it to claim something, sea area or land ?
Very weak attempt.
The vietnam ramming incident is a one of a series of such incidents. Another one this week.

You forget that i have worked for a few weeks in China. This white worship exists all over asia , i wont deny it in India.
And the Chinese incursion took place in April, while Indian and Australian PMs met in June. So lets not give incorrect timelines.

Good job googling a 12 year old anti piracy incident gone wrong. Did India do it to claim something, sea area or land ?
Very weak attempt.
The vietnam ramming incident is a one of a series of such incidents. Another one this week.
Does it matter to learn from history? especially historical moment that went wrong?
Yes, India did attempted to "claim" navy superiority in front of the world stage, however end up making a fool of herself on the expense of poor innocent thai fishing man

Sure and I've condemned how foolish this mentality is among Chinese. But the reality is that an alliance with the West is not a possibility for China as the West, led by the US, is targeting China as its mortal enemy. While for India, the West is eager to enlist India as an ally and India is eager to oblige.

Too much diversion and whataboutism in this thread from the Chinese, except tower .
A proper discussion is not possible here
What else do you expect when you cherry picked some news.

But I also want to iterate my option: it is stupid from both sides to fight for some inhabitant land especially there are not even resources underneath.
Just fix the border along the LAC....

What else do you expect when you cherry picked some news.

But I also want to iterate my option: it is stupid from both sides to fight for some inhabitant land especially there are not even resources underneath.
Just fix the border along the LAC....
Why don't you read why the border is not fixed ? The Chinese are not ready to even exchange maps showing the present LAC of each side on the ladakh front. In central border areas i believe maps have been exchanged.They want the LAC to remain fluid and further salami slicing can take place.

Why don't you read why the border is not fixed ? The Chinese are not ready to even exchange maps showing the present LAC of each side on the ladakh front. In central border areas i believe maps have been exchanged.They want the LAC to remain fluid and further salami slicing can take place.
This is BS.
China want to fix the border with India for long time.
China fixed has shown greatest sincerity to solve all land border disputes since 2000.
For your reference, China has solved all land disputes with neibours except India.
It's your demestic politicians' personal show messed up everything.
Every time there is a election or crisis in India, there is a border tension with neibours, does that give you any cues?

The Indonesian fishing vessel issue was not PLAN related but a typical maritime issue. No intended aggression from China.

The Vietnam and SCS issue has been there for a long time and this is, at this point, just routine.

China will eventually take over Taiwan, which is not really a country but part of China held by a former government of Chinese mainland. This may happen sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom