What's new

Why is China opening so many fronts ?

The Indonesian fishing vessel issue was not PLAN related but a typical maritime issue. No intended aggression from China.

The Vietnam and SCS issue has been there for a long time and this is, at this point, just routine.

China will eventually take over Taiwan, which is not really a country but part of China held by a former government of Chinese mainland. This may happen sooner than later.
China will never take over Taiwan. Not in the next 100 hundred years.
China is no Russia . Russia took over crimean peninsula in the face of American sanctions and threats. Crimea has a substantial pro Russian population.
Chinese haven't moved a inch in the last 70 years wrt taiwan. Taiwanese are very hostile to China.
Different ballgame

In the last few months , China has -
Rammed 2 vietnamese boats , sinking one.
Harrassed Indonesian boats
Flown over taiwans territory 4 times
Banned imports from Australia
Indicted 2 Canadian citizens as revenge action
And ofcourse ingressed in no mans land on India's borders
It already has a tenuous relationship with usa, but i don't blame China entirely for that.
So in the midst of the greatest global challenge facing humanity, what exactly is china's gameplan?
Except for the nazi excursions in 1939 , i can't really find any logical parrallels for their actions .
And China is a massive country, not as if it needs to cultivate so much hostility in its neighborhood for a few more kms .

Only reason i can think is that they want to divert attention from the Chinese link to the covid virus , but it would be a massive over reaction.
Of course could just be a power play when everyone is trying to save their countries , but that is too cynical.

from the little that i can tell about this all, i gather that Chinese leaders have made claims to certain territories, and are now building up a military with which to enforce such claims. therefore, these 'provocations' could perhaps be called 'introductions' by some in the various Chinese leaderships..

Last edited:
Most likely to divert attention towards Covid 19 inquiry and satisfying domestic politics among mainland chinese.

Vietnam and India have become an allies of the US since the collapse of the USSR. India is part of Quad and Indo-Pacific.

Philippines and Japan have been allied with US since WWII

Indonesia is the only independent nation in your list. Indonesia has been leaning towards the US since the collapse of USSR.
Why do you think communist vietnam suddenly getting cozy with the west? If it's not because of repeated chinese military threats to the country since the end of the vietnam war.
And what about India if it's not because of Beijing political and military ties towards India's nemesis.
As of Indonesia, there used to be JAKARTA-PEKING-ISLAMABAD-PYONGYANG axis until Soekarno fell out from power in the mid 60s. There have been some cozying up to china since Jokowi took power, but repeated chinese incursion since at least 2016 may change that.

It already has a tenuous relationship with usa, but i don't blame China entirely for that.
So in the midst of the greatest global challenge facing humanity, what exactly is china's gameplan?
Except for the nazi excursions in 1939 , i can't really find any logical parrallels for their actions .
And China is a massive country, not as if it needs to cultivate so much hostility in its neighborhood for a few more kms .

Only reason i can think is that they want to divert attention from the Chinese link to the covid virus , but it would be a massive over reaction.
Of course could just be a power play when everyone is trying to save their countries , but that is too cynical.
Chinese like chinese. They don’t like non chinese. That’s chinese national sentiment since China exists. As for countries I don’t know why chinese hate other countries but they deeply hate Vietnamese. They consider us as Jews. They would send us to concentration camps.

Chinese like chinese. They don’t like non chinese. That’s chinese national sentiment since China exists. As for countries I don’t know why chinese hate other countries but they deeply hate Vietnamese. They consider us as Jews. They would send us to concentration camps.
Superiority complex , which is actually a inferiority complex. Like a coward who constantly needs validation by picking fights with perceived weaker parties. But will start crying and wailing the second someone like usa shows up and starts giving the boot.
The reason Canadians are in jail not Americans, though Huawei is being openly targeted by usa.

CN economy is too bad now, 600 millions poor starving Cnese plus 205 millions jobless Cnese (due to trade war) r very serious problem that CN leaders can not handle well now.

So, CN leaders chose to make more trouble with other nations to divert the internal problems. Just like when Mao failed in Great leap forward, he started making more trouble wt Soviet and blamed Soviet was the main cause for the failure of Great leap forward.

Why do you think communist vietnam suddenly getting cozy with the west? If it's not because of repeated chinese military threats to the country since the end of the vietnam war.
And what about India if it's not because of Beijing political and military ties towards India's nemesis.
As of Indonesia, there used to be JAKARTA-PEKING-ISLAMABAD-PYONGYANG axis until Soekarno fell out from power in the mid 60s. There have been some cozying up to china since Jokowi took power, but repeated chinese incursion since at least 2016 may change that.
Many big companies wanna leave CN now, getting coY wt the West will help us to attract those companies.

Thats why Samsung, Qualcomm, Techtronic R&D centers r in VN now.

She is only responding to the challenges that she is forced to deal with. If you have not noticed, majority of these nations you listed are regional American pet puppies.

I dont think even you are convinced by what you have written.
I think CN leaders will keep making more troubles, even push the country to the risk of nuclear war like Mao did to divert the internal problems.

Cnese will stop blaming CN leader for economic failure when they can feel the nuclear war like during Sino-Soviet split (Of course, their pathetic jobless situation will get even worse like in Mao's era)

So, just let US keep confronting CN while we just Simply take the chance to lure more companies fleeing from CN to boost our export.

you have a weird persecution complex. Most Chinese don’t care about Vietnam.

I dont think even you are convinced by what you have written.

China has got very good relationship with other regional powers like Russia and Pakistan. She has got solid relations with middle east, Africa and even within Europe.

Go back to that list you mentioned and put your thinking cap on. You will find yanks pulling the strings from behind.

China has got very good relationship with other regional powers like Russia and Pakistan. She has got solid relations with middle east, Africa and even within Europe.

Go back to that list you mentioned and put your thinking cap on. You will find yanks pulling the strings from behind.
Indians behaving like Indians. Nothing new about it.

China has pushed India head first into the American camp.
Congratulations to Indians, you finally understand one thing: it is better to be a dog of America and Japan than to be a big country

CN economy is too bad now, 600 millions poor starving Cnese plus 205 millions jobless Cnese (due to trade war) r very serious problem that CN leaders can not handle well now.

So, CN leaders chose to make more trouble with other nations to divert the internal problems. Just like when Mao failed in Great leap forward, he started making more trouble wt Soviet and blamed Soviet was the main cause for the failure of Great leap forward.

Many big companies wanna leave CN now, getting coY wt the West will help us to attract those companies.

Thats why Samsung, Qualcomm, Techtronic R&D centers r in VN now.
The Vietnamese clown is here

Back
Top Bottom