What's new

Why India Will Displace China as Global Growth Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2008, India's economy was $1.2 trillion , not $2 trillion.:azn:

Please check World Bank website.

What makes you think it is 2 trillion dollars now?

And where is the link that says India was 1.2 trillion dollars in 2008?:azn:

While you are at it,you might as well compare China's in 2008 and 2013(estimate)?:cheers:

Please check how many countries in the world have more than $2 trillion economy. And about low base, please enlighten me what was china's economic base when it actually started to grow in the 90s. Indian economy doubled in 6 years. Applying the rule of 72, it will double within 4 or 5 years from 2015 onward.:smart:

Just type "india gdp" and you will get stats of India upto 2011.

Your statement concerning India is right but the part about China is Totally wrong。

That China is predicted to surpass the US and become the world's largest economy in around 2018 is based on China's past record of consistently growing 9% plus average for the past 30 years。

India has no such record to contend with。

I'm not talking about your growth rate, I'm talking about your raw GDP. China would not be the world's 2nd highest economy today, even if they can average 9% average growth, if their population was the size of USA or Japan.

That is what the general economic theory says (Solow Model)

Solow_Growth_Model.png
says.

Let us say India is at (Y0, K0), while China is at (Y1, K1). It is natural that India should grow faster than China in at some point in future, as India will be traversing a larger slope than China. And both economies should converge at some point further future. But as of today China is the biggest growth engine of the world.

I dont think it is possible ..unless rajnikant came in power

"Naan eppa varuven, eppadi varuvennu yarukkum theriyadhu, aana varavendiya neratthil correct aga varuven (When I will come or how I will come, nobody knows, but I will arrive when I ought to)."

DISHKOON

The first thing that Sir Rajnikant will do is to wipe out the entire pak military single handedly. :nana:

Just in the last 3 months !

Wonder what this will do to Indias GDP ?

Exports becoming more cheaper and imports expensive. However exchange rate are short term, hence not taken into consideration while determining the long term future of an economy. All that matter in the long term are the interplay between savings and required investments, and marginal productivity of labour or marginal invested capital per unit labour.

Study INR for at least 10 yrs. You will learn how it appreciated from 46 to 40 in 2008 and from 57 to 49 in 2012 in terms of USD. Also study its stability in 2000s. Recent depreciation is due to all time high CAD@6.7%of GDP in Q3 of FY12-13. Q4 data is yet to come and it is projected to be about 4.5%. Then, you will see the result.

And, by the way, who told you depreciation of currency is bad for a country who wants to increase export and attract FIIs??? China also did the same a few years back.:smart:

this noobie indian poster maybe just had a nice long time mental-masturbating on youtube```

and he doesn't know the fact that the world treat Indians as some sort of future talking clowns``

just by digging few of the earlier threads on PDF you will find countless deluded threads posted by those clueless Indians
here are few examples

India's economy will catch-up with China in 2008
India's economy will catch-up with China in 2010
India's economy will catch-up with China in 2013

six reasons why India will surpass China`ect```

India will be the superpower by X,Y,Z years

India is the world innovation powerhouse````

so here I want to ask the clueless OP, in which year this fantasy will happen?

this noobie indian poster maybe just had a nice long time mental-masturbating on youtube```

and he doesn't know the fact that the world treat Indians as some sort of future talking clowns``

just by digging few of the earlier threads on PDF you will find countless deluded threads posted by those clueless Indians
here are few examples

India's economy will catch-up with China in 2008
India's economy will catch-up with China in 2010
India's economy will catch-up with China in 2013

six reasons why India will surpass China`ect```

India will be the superpower by X,Y,Z years

India is the world innovation powerhouse````

so here I want to ask the clueless OP, in which year this fantasy will happen?

India has the advantage in population, China's one child policy restricts population growth. India has no such policy, this may or may not translate into higher economic activity. But it will overtake China's population for sure.

Interesting, a "communist dictatorship" runs a country that has 30 percent of its corporations privatized and changes its leadership every ten years. :disagree:

communism is only in the name....china has gone way ahead of communism....

India has the advantage in population, China's one child policy restricts population growth. India has no such policy, this may or may not translate into higher economic activity. But it will overtake China's population for sure.

Yeah,Indonesia will overtake US by population in future for sure but no one predict indonesia will overtake US by GDP,this is unfair

predictions predictions and more predictions....china, india and the west....all predict...and every prediction is based on whats going on TODAY....the circumstances keep changing...how are these predictions (no matter how accurate the claim be) believable at this very moment??

Indians still suffering from delusions of grandeur as usual. India growth still can't feed it's massive starving population (backed up by the harsh figures in human development) yet pundits day dream of when India becomes a global player.

Keep your head down and work hard, India has never been able to replicate Chinese rate of growth, with a continuing depreciating currency and little to no manufacturing capacitive to leverage off, India has a lot of trouble ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom