What's new

Why India is not a superpower

You lot were the ones telling me you had 300 billion reserves I was reminding you that it has to be divided between 1.2 billion. why you want to bring Pakistan into this thread?? You accept India will never be super power and going off topic.

India's population is 6.5 times of Pakistan but forex reserve is still 20 times more. You should know this fact.

neither u have the intellect nor the power to hold us down. u guys just belong to the highly insecure class of people who cannot achieve something so thus try to bring others to your own standards.

Of course. Do you even now what intellect is-NO do you know what secularism is-No and now I see you have no idea what a super power is cos you lot actually think if you go and produce a load of kids get your population up you will be a super power. Oh if only lol

rampant poverty, India is a world leader

You said it. Not a super power I say

Suggestion to Mods - Close the thread!

Yes Indians come on here on PDF to discuss India as a superpower. What do you expect. We are telling you the truth. You cant handle it and you are asking for thread to be closed. Why are you bleeding already???

:rofl: super power not

India's population is 6.5 times of Pakistan but forex reserve is still 20 times more. You should know this fact.

Compare yourself to Nepal??? eh eh that will make you look like a super power. Look at the thread title. We are discussing the preposterous suggestion that one of the poorest nations in the world has pretensions of being a superpower. Don't you think that is funny?'??

Suggestion to Mods as we have so many Indians come on Pakistani site to talk about Indian superpower status we should make it a sticky and not put it in the stupid and funny section

Riazbhai that is a killer punch. But you know they cant handle the truth. On top of this they are weak timid and subserviant as people.
LoL, we can handle the pensioned economist later, but looks like that you did not get enough of the 'Killer' looks today in UK. This subversive lot of people had some 95,000 of the brave and valiant types standing with head bowed and defeated. But so fickle is the concept of shame sometimes that people just bring in the timidity at convenience. At their own peril I must say if to see history repeating itself.

Of course. Do you even now what intellect is-NO do you know what secularism is-No and now I see you have no idea what a super power is cos you lot actually think if you go and produce a load of kids get your population up you will be a super power. Oh if only lol

You said it. Not a super power I say

Yes Indians come on here on PDF to discuss India as a superpower. What do you expect. We are telling you the truth. You cant handle it and you are asking for thread to be closed. Why are you bleeding already???

:rofl: super power not

Compare yourself to Nepal??? eh eh that will make you look like a super power. Look at the thread title. We are discussing the preposterous suggestion that one of the poorest nations in the world has pretensions of being a superpower. Don't you think that is funny?'??

Suggestion to Mods as we have so many Indians come on Pakistani site to talk about Indian superpower status we should make it a sticky and not put it in the stupid and funny section

these and all other posts just tell us that how badly u want india not to progress in life. how badly u hate india and u wish india never leads as pakistan failed.
ur a pakistani and u feel pity when u see ur country going down and india progressing up the rakings everyday.

i live in canada and meet pakistanis everyday in university. when ever india progresses ahead and we have a debate with them on issues they lower their face in shame(they barely have anything good to say abt pak) and say the same thing "jao apni poverty theek karo baad mein aake baat karna". u guys cant make eye contacts. and when we come on 1971 thats it u guys get hurt.

none of the superpower articles here are written by indians. westerners wrote them we didnt. we r doing the same progressing and that is our mission when we reach that level u will know for urself.

Nepal, we don't compare us with them because they have same culture and language like us. Plus how envious you people feel with you see 8-10% GDP growth of India and when it came to 7% you guys started jumping with joy even when your own is just 2.2%. :lol: :rofl::D

Bro speak for yourself. but I agree you must be begairat Indians if you want to come on PDF to discuss crap like you are a super power. i mean go stroke your egos elsewhere here you will be told the truth you are not a superpower and you have as much chance of being a super power as their is of Mig 21's flying to Mars
So I dont know whether your post above is due to you not understanding my post due to lack of English comprehension or due to your inability to have a come back to an embarrassing fact about Pakistan. Anyway, that aside, the reason you find most Indians here on PDF is that Pakistani members are too insecure to go out and play on international forums and want a secure home ground environment to feel confident enough to voice their views. Kind of like having your own umpires in a cricket match.. Hence the only way you can have an Indo-Pak (havent heard this term for a long time now :) )interaction is when Indians come to a Pakistani forum.. You should be thankful though that by doing it, your countrymen are getting the benefit of increased revenue from higher hits and traffic on the site ;)

we dont need to compare our self to nepal when we compare it to pakistan we find ourself an enormous superpower. sorry brother.

Okay India isn't a superpower but what does that make you?:

Pakistan vs India: the widening gap – The Express Tribune

Only a truly despicable group of people would use human suffering as cheap point scoring, who are themselves not in the same position due to fortune and pure luck. Everytime I come on such threads I am utterly disgusted by people who use poverty figures as one upmanship, Pakistan's figures are hardly anything to celebrate. As long as one human lives in such inhumane travesty we should ALL, as a race, hang our heads in shame. The truth is we are talking about 100s of MILLIONS worldwide, it could've easily been me or you.

I am heartened to read though year on year India is making real progress on the fight against poverty and I have no doubt in my lifetime (I'm 18 right now) I can see poverty in India brought to figures we must still feel shame for but not unabashed horror as is the case now.

stock-illustration-3218046-world-unity-male.jpg

Not unlike North Korea, India is engaged in a massive arms buildup while almost half of its children are near starvation. A nation-state like India that fails to take care of 46% its children's basic nutrition needs has to be a failed state. In fact, George Friedman of Strafor raises serious doubts about India's viability as a modern nation-state, and dismisses the talk of its emergence as one of the great powers of the 21st century. Friedman does not accept that any of the four BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China) will achieve great world power status in this century. Instead, he believes that Turkey, Poland and Japan will join the United States as the most important world powers in the next 50 years.

The reality of the failure of Indian state is as obvious as daylight. The Indian state's abject failures in delivering bare minimum services to its people, and its inability to solve India's basic problems are there for everyone to see.

Conventional Western understanding about modern India has recognized a degree of political instability, and the persistence of armed insurgencies in the country’s Northeast and Northwest regions. However, there has only been a slight awareness of the rural insurgencies and challenges to the state’s writ in the heartland of India. These have rarely been seen by outsiders as a systemic challenge to the dominant narrative of a democratic society engaged in economic and social development. The recent trajectory of India’s economic development has created an optimistic narrative that rarely includes discussion of internal instability. While there is focus on a small section of the urban elite, not much attention has been given to growing rural poverty, mass farmers' suicides and increasing rich-poor gap. Meanwhile, Maoists have gained significant momentum in rural India.

State%2BFragility%2BIndex.jpg

Haq's Musings: Are India and Pakistan Failed States?

Not unlike North Korea, India is engaged in a massive arms buildup while almost half of its children are near starvation. A nation-state like India that fails to take care of 46% its children's basic nutrition needs has to be a failed state. In fact, George Friedman of Strafor raises serious doubts about India's viability as a modern nation-state, and dismisses the talk of its emergence as one of the great powers of the 21st century. Friedman does not accept that any of the four BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China) will achieve great world power status in this century. Instead, he believes that Turkey, Poland and Japan will join the United States as the most important world powers in the next 50 years.

The reality of the failure of Indian state is as obvious as daylight. The Indian state's abject failures in delivering bare minimum services to its people, and its inability to solve India's basic problems are there for everyone to see.

Conventional Western understanding about modern India has recognized a degree of political instability, and the persistence of armed insurgencies in the country’s Northeast and Northwest regions. However, there has only been a slight awareness of the rural insurgencies and challenges to the state’s writ in the heartland of India. These have rarely been seen by outsiders as a systemic challenge to the dominant narrative of a democratic society engaged in economic and social development. The recent trajectory of India’s economic development has created an optimistic narrative that rarely includes discussion of internal instability. While there is focus on a small section of the urban elite, not much attention has been given to growing rural poverty, mass farmers' suicides and increasing rich-poor gap. Meanwhile, Maoists have gained significant momentum in rural India.

It's no surprise India has such insurgency issues, the sheer diversity is a major reason. An easy way to describe today’s India would be by comparison to the European Union (EU). If the EU is able to achieve greater integration through a single currency, similarity in legal and administrative structures, unified security and foreign affairs management, and a sense of patriotic loyalty to the Union among the citizens of member nations, then it will closely resemble India. The Indian constitution recognizes 23 official languages3 while the EU has 20 official languages.4 The official figure of “mother tongues” spoken in India is 1,683, of which an estimated 850 are in daily use. The SIL Ethnologue lists 387 living languages for India.5 The social, cultural, religious and ethnic diversity of India surpasses that of the EU.

What is surprising and impressive is India's success against these insurgencies and success in integrating and harmonising the nation.

Personally it neither mesmerize me nor find it funny to make fun on poor. Simply because it's against Allah's will. This is why Allah made it mandatory(faraz) for Muslim to pay Zakat. I will urge Indians to be humble and accept the reality of their nation instead of indulge with fake pride by hoping that the whole world is blind.

we dont need to compare our self to nepal when we compare it to pakistan we find ourself an enormous superpower. sorry brother.

Dearie, when you compare to Pakistan, you find yourself embarressed of India.

keep crying. ur cries wont stop india from building bigger and stronger army. wont stop from setting up nuke plants, manufacturing hubs and new infrastructure buildings etcccetc. and it will for sure not stop from launching satellites to mars and manned mission. doesnt matter how much money is needed but with time we will do everything that developed nations have done in last 100 yrs. u guys just keep watching. we have no plans of stopping for atleast nxt 30 yrss. so either u guys can learn to compete otherwise ur situation cant be more pathetic than what is right now. we wish good for pak.

i think u said opposite :blink:

i think u said opposite :blink:

keep crying. ur cries wont stop india from building bigger and stronger army. wont stop from setting up nuke plants, manufacturing hubs and new infrastructure buildings etcccetc. and it will for sure not stop from launching satellites to mars and manned mission. doesnt matter how much money is needed but with time we will do everything that developed nations have done in last 100 yrs. u guys just keep watching. we have no plans of stopping for atleast nxt 30 yrss. so either u guys can learn to compete otherwise ur situation cant be more pathetic than what is right now. we wish good for pak.

Kiddie, what are you 12? Your grammar pretty much shows that.

Dearie, we are doing, hell even the world is doing exactly what India is doing. India isn't a land of honey where only they do the right thing. And India launching a mars mission? :rofl: Only with the help of NASA. :lol:

So you have plans to stop developing after 30 years?? Wow. :lol:

Dearie, India cannot compete in the world stage on anything except poverty, since a BRIC nation has more poor than Africa.

Back
Top Bottom