What's new

Why females in Pakistan army wears indian dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are simply wearing saris over their uniform....

Why is Sari an Indian dress?

Moreover the way Pakistanis wear sari, the tummy does not show, they wear it both ways actually but in uniforms it usually does not.

Give it to Veena Malik or Meera.... everything will be shown.

There is a thread called Pakistani Fashion... tummy,rummy,mummy everything is shown.

any states/province where they wear sarees?

Give it to Veena Malik or Meera.... everything will be shown.

There is a thread called Pakistani Fashion... tummy,rummy,mummy everything is shown.

Now if models or actresses won't show everything who will?

Saris are back in fashion now in Pakistan. Especially in weddings (by guests, not bride).

My Phuppo now happily retired wore this very same uniform during the early years of Pak Army AMC, and i am glad this tradition has been kept alive, it looks very professional and respects the concept of Chadur.

'In the history of Indian clothing the sari is traced back to the Indus Valley Civilisation, which flourished during 2800–1800 BC around the western part of the Indian subcontinent.The earliest known depiction of the sari in the Indian subcontinent is the statue of an Indus Valley priest wearing a drape'

Sculptures from the Gandhara, Mathura and Gupta schools (1st–6th century AD) show goddesses and dancers wearing what appears to be a dhoti wrap, in the "fishtail" version which covers the legs loosely and then flows into a long, decorative drape in front of the legs. No bodices are shown

Source :

(Alkazi, Roshan (1983) "Ancient Indian costume", Art Heritage)

(Boulanger, C (1997) Saris: An Illustrated Guide to the Indian Art of Draping, Shakti Press International, New York)

(Ghurye (1951) "Indian costume", Popular book depot (Bombay)) :whistle:

The one in blue uniform, her hair is not covered, she is not doing hijab, yet she is fighting for "islamic republic of pakistan"

Seriously? covering your hair will make her bullet proof or give her some godly powers to ninja fight with 200 men??

:angry:

I hope we can make @Sher Malang wear a Sarri because I can bet my arse hes waiting for the opportunity to tell @Pak-one - Deeekhaa....deeekhaa rora mein nei tou kahaa thaaa tum Pukhtoon bhi Punjabi+Urduized Pathan bunnn giyaaa Pakistan mein ! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
'In the history of Indian clothing the sari is traced back to the Indus Valley Civilisation, which flourished during 2800–1800 BC around the western part of the Indian subcontinent.The earliest known depiction of the sari in the Indian subcontinent is the statue of an Indus Valley priest wearing a drape'

Sculptures from the Gandhara, Mathura and Gupta schools (1st–6th century AD) show goddesses and dancers wearing what appears to be a dhoti wrap, in the "fishtail" version which covers the legs loosely and then flows into a long, decorative drape in front of the legs. No bodices are shown

Source :

(Alkazi, Roshan (1983) "Ancient Indian costume", Art Heritage)

(Boulanger, C (1997) Saris: An Illustrated Guide to the Indian Art of Draping, Shakti Press International, New York)

(Ghurye (1951) "Indian costume", Popular book depot (Bombay)) :whistle:

:lol:

No tailoring machines those times to stitch up proper dresses so most likely all outfits would have been wrapped..

This is a more proper definition of a saree..

A sari or saree[note 1] is a strip of unstitched cloth, worn by women, ranging from four to nine yards in length that is draped over the body in various styles which is native to the Indian Subcontinent.[1][2][3][4] The word sari is derived from Sanskrit शाटी śāṭī[5] which means 'strip of cloth'[6] and शाडी śāḍī or साडी sāḍī in Prakrit, and which was corrupted to sāṛī in Hindi.[7] The word 'Sattika' is mentioned as describing women's attire in ancient India in Buddhist Jain literature called Jatakas.[8] This could be equivalent to modern day 'Sari'.[8] The term for female bodice, the choli is derived from another ruling clan from ancient Tamil nadu, the Cholas.[9] Rajatarangini (meaning the 'river of kings'), a tenth-century literary work by Kalhana, states that the Choli from the Deccan was introduced under the royal order in Kashmir.[9] The concept of Pallava, the end piece in the sari, originated during the Pallavas period and named after the Pallavas, another ruling clan of Ancient Tamilakam.[9]

:lol:

No tailoring machines those times to stitch up proper dresses so most likely all outfits would have been wrapped..

This is a more proper definition of a saree..

Take it up with the Indians & the Gora Sahib who wrote those books - I couldn't care less if the first Sari was worn in Djibouti for all its worth !

Take it up with the Indians & the Gora Sahib who wrote those books - I couldn't care less if the first Sari was worn in Djibouti for all its worth !

:lol: Why would I bother?

Primarily in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore & Karachi (cities not provinces) & not even frequently there - Its more of a once every few years at some function kinda dress !

Why quote me then if you didn't want to make a 'point' ! :yay:

Because I found it funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom