What's new

Why females in Pakistan army wears indian dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'In the history of Indian clothing the sari is traced back to the Indus Valley Civilisation, which flourished during 2800–1800 BC around the western part of the Indian subcontinent.The earliest known depiction of the sari in the Indian subcontinent is the statue of an Indus Valley priest wearing a drape'

Sculptures from the Gandhara, Mathura and Gupta schools (1st–6th century AD) show goddesses and dancers wearing what appears to be a dhoti wrap, in the "fishtail" version which covers the legs loosely and then flows into a long, decorative drape in front of the legs. No bodices are shown

Source :

(Alkazi, Roshan (1983) "Ancient Indian costume", Art Heritage)

(Boulanger, C (1997) Saris: An Illustrated Guide to the Indian Art of Draping, Shakti Press International, New York)

(Ghurye (1951) "Indian costume", Popular book depot (Bombay)) :whistle:

Its people who keep culture alive and those are in India not in Pakistan.

Because I found it funny.

Haaanss lei Bhai aur mein kiyaa keh saktaa hunn ! :kiss3:

Our Culture evolved into something different just as Urdu & Hindi, though born out of the same Hindustani, evolved into different directions & yet kept the same foundations !

Incidentally enough Pakistan isn't restricted to three cities but 4 Provinces...the Baluch, the Sindhis & the Pukhtoons have next to nothing in common with you guys...not even North Indians ! Its just us Punjabis & that too only when you're in & around Lahore....the Saraiki belt of Punjab is different & so are the Pashtun & Potwari areas of Punjab.

Keep telling your self that to feel better Dravidian.

'In the history of Indian clothing the sari is traced back to the Indus Valley Civilisation, which flourished during 2800–1800 BC around the western part of the Indian subcontinent.The earliest known depiction of the sari in the Indian subcontinent is the statue of an Indus Valley priest wearing a drape'

Sculptures from the Gandhara, Mathura and Gupta schools (1st–6th century AD) show goddesses and dancers wearing what appears to be a dhoti wrap, in the "fishtail" version which covers the legs loosely and then flows into a long, decorative drape in front of the legs. No bodices are shown

Source :

(Alkazi, Roshan (1983) "Ancient Indian costume", Art Heritage)

(Boulanger, C (1997) Saris: An Illustrated Guide to the Indian Art of Draping, Shakti Press International, New York)

(Ghurye (1951) "Indian costume", Popular book depot (Bombay)) :whistle:

Exactly, most English speaking (with thick accent) people are in India that doesn't mean English is "Indian" language.

Pakistanis always insist that it has least to do with indian culture and resent cultural invasion of india through soap dramas in which their women wear sarree yet our females in army wear this,
Female+in+Pak+army+%252828%2529.jpg

i like her(on the extreme right) :smitten:

Haaanss lei Bhai aur mein kiyaa keh saktaa hunn ! :kiss3:

Our Culture evolved into something different just as Urdu & Hindi, though born out of the same Hindustani, evolved into different directions & yet kept the same foundations !

Incidentally enough Pakistan isn't restricted to three cities but 4 Provinces...the Baluch, the Sindhis & the Pukhtoons have next to nothing in common with you guys...not even North Indians ! Its just us Punjabis & that too only when you're in & around Lahore....the Saraiki belt of Punjab is different & so are the Pashtun & Potwari areas of Punjab.

Hindu is name given by invaders and when you teach Pakistani children Sanskrit then we will talk.
You quote IVC and yet their is nothing similar culturally practiced in Pakistan.

Pakistanis always insist that it has least to do with indian culture and resent cultural invasion of india through soap dramas in which their women wear sarree yet our females in army wear this,
Female+in+Pak+army+%252828%2529.jpg

1073626d1352621702-namak-mirchi-club-pakwheels-part-2-maj-.jpg

url

945658_484895268253611_1583643405_n.jpg

543161_393408110735661_911317624_n.jpg

550869_484461411584159_815692292_n.jpg

The one in blue uniform, her hair is not covered, she is not doing hijab, yet she is fighting for "islamic republic of pakistan"

Because those Pakistani women feel more closer to India than Arabia and want to stay with the roots and not suffering form some identity crisis. :azn:

Hindu is name given by invaders and when you teach Pakistani children Sanskrit then we will talk.
You quote IVC and yet their is nothing similar culturally practiced in Pakistan.

And how many people know Sanskrit in India? 10k at best out of 1300 million? And you guys are following Vedic culture? You need to dig deeper my Dravidian friend, i bet there is still more similarity between IVC people and us then you will ever have.

Religion aside , whats wrong with saree, I find it more sexy then 2 Piece swim suit.

Why would I teach my Children Sanskrit ? :what:

I'd much rather they learn French, German, English, Classical Arabic & Persian along with their Regional Languages ! :unsure:

What possible benefit does learning Sanskrit accrue to me ? We're not Hindus anymore that we need an insight into the workings & doings of the Ancient Vedic Civilizations of the Indus Valley - We've moved on to a different spiritual paradigm in Islam.

We've got exceptional people like Ahmed Hasan Dani, the Internationally celebrated Historian & Archaeologist, to tell us what the Indus Valley Civilization did or didn't practice ! Incidentally he was fluent in Sanskrit.

You should read some of his books on the IVC some day ! :)

Only a bloody idiot would ask that question.. but then again.. there are plenty.
The Sari is as much Pakistan as it is Indian because it was the dress of the aristocracy, the gentry and the bureaucratic class of combined India. Neither is the Sari confined to a single race as such, Ive seen Sari's in Peshawar just as much I've seen them in Lahore. Just the same way there was kite flying in Lahore and the same in Bangalore.. or are there more CHM-SO4 ideas on them not being part of our culture or anti-Islam or other bigoted ideas?
Perhaps certain members need a kick , a slap and long time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom