What's new

Why everyone is out to discredit ISI?

Depends on who you mean by 'People'. Other countries attack the ISI because it is effective, it is the thorn in their sides which is disrupting their footholds in the region, it is not allowing them to fulfil their goals. That's why people hate Mossad as well, because like it or not, they are very successful in protecting national interests and thwarting enemy plans against their state.
If you wonder why some 'Pseudo-Intellectuals' among ourselves like grilling the ISI, well that's because we have a slavish mindset, when we hear everyone else talking, using big words like: 'Human Rights', 'Strategy', 'Tactics', 'Proxy', 'Non-State Actor', 'Double Agent'. We want to use them too to try and come off as real smart people, they actually manage to come off as rather poorly intellectually endowed dumbasses!

ISI follows national policies, in the 80s it was national policy to support the Mujahideen, so they did.

All respected members
Very well described and well backed posts which are in favour of ISI.
I do not have in depth knowledge of anything but I am well aware of the great importance any intelligence agency of country possesses. It is evident by the way our media and international print and electronic presents our espionage agencies that they are afraid of the organisation for many reasons.

We being a patriotic Pakistanis should never defame our national assets of security ''ISI and other gencies''. We should show a high level of respect towards these organisations and should not speak even a single word against these organisations without authentic and reconfirmed evidence(s), in fact even if we have authentic information which may defame our security/intelligence organisations we should refrain our selves from discussing them in public forums.

After all prestige,pride and esteem are foundation of every country, so how can we allow others to malign any organisation of our beloved Pakistan.

A thorn in the side of certain irritant neighbours and a thorn in the side of those trying to undermine Pakistani nation

Messy job, but someone gotta do it.

National security and protecting our strategic interests in the region won't always be a job which invites "pat on the back"

But whatever it is, I have my full faith in them and realize they must be doing something right to scare and anger our enemies :D

Pakistani wet dreams, I have been observing this phenomena for a long time that Pakistan rather than being realistic like to erect a shell of "all good" around themselves ignoring real problems and hence the country is always spiraling from one crisis into another.

Pakistani wet dreams, I have been observing this phenomena for a long time that Pakistan rather than being realistic like to erect a shell of "all good" around themselves ignoring real problems and hence the country is always spiraling from one crisis into another.

Unlike other intelligence agencies of the world, ISI is not professional. They interfere in politics. They harass journalists etc etc. In short they are like other departments of country, they are as much corrupt as police.

Unlike other intelligence agencies of the world, ISI is not professional. They interfere in politics. They harass journalists etc etc. In short they are like other departments of country, they are as much corrupt as police.

Show me an intel agency that doesn't employ domestic or international espionage or monitoring

As for politics - the old argument about interfering in politics is too simplistic now and besides they disbanded the political wing (the S wing) ages ago. As far as elections are concenred the ISI is not doing anything nor is the army.

Mere spectators, for the most part

The fact remains, that the ISI has become the bogeyman both home and abroad.

Its a bogeyman abroad because it was the supporter and controlling factor for many militant outfits today that have been branded as terrorists.. But this was the task assigned to it by those that took those decision in Rawalpindi.
And for all the insensitivity of the statement, one must credit it for doing a very good job of it.

It is a bogeyman at home due to its involvement in many political scandals and power moves since that was the task assigned to it by the circles of power.

But at the same time, its the ISI that has prevented countless...and I mean countless efforts by the US, Israel , India, A large section of Europe.. and other to subvert, disrupt and dismantle Pakistan's nuclear program. It has blunted efforts by "well-wishers" and neighbours of Pakistan to create havoc in the nation via bomb blasts, target killings and the like.
It routinely provides intelligence to the police on possible terrorist activities day in and day out.
It routinely provides intelligence on the activities of our allies in the WoT to monitor and document sensitive sites in Pakistan under the guise of NGO's and "lost our way" excuses.
The ISI for all its ills, was.. and still is.. one of the best intelligence services in the world.
Its job was to provide information to those that are supposed to take decisions based on the information and By god it does it well!.
However, if those in power.. those taking the decisions.. do not have the sincerity,the humility,the courage or the IQ to take the best decision with that information..its no excuse to hold the ISI responsible for it.

straight from the horse's mouth .... an ISI man........? :undecided:

I am not exaggerating when I say this.

Pakistan would have no nuclear program nor the supplies needed to construct centrifuge and other components without the blank check and fully open support of the ISI

We had a man (one of many people) to do some of the vital sourcing and trouble-shooting; the ISI helped facilitate and set up the front companies and establish some of the contacts while also working to hide Pakistan's activity the best it could. The CIA was already onto us, but they needed Pakistan and couldn't utter more than a peep.

I am not exaggerating when I say this.

Pakistan would have no nuclear program nor the supplies needed to construct centrifuge and other components without the blank check and fully open support of the ISI

We had a man (one of many people) to do some of the vital sourcing and trouble-shooting; the ISI helped facilitate and set up the front companies and establish some of the contacts while also working to hide Pakistan's activity the best it could. The CIA was already onto us, but they needed Pakistan and couldn't utter more than a peep.

Today, judiciary have the balls to tell... Pasha, that ISI have no authority to collect evidence against Fuking Haqqani.
In the end Judiciary humiliated ISI by letting go mother fuker... Haqqani, despite the presence of undeniable evidence.
Where as Zardari who send the SOS is still president and Pasha is no more!

Friends, If ISI were really an effective organization, would it be allow itself to be discredited? Fact of the matter is that ISI has a lot of difficulty as a Stand alone organization, actually it's a complete failure as a stand alone - Once it is paired with a 1st world organization, then it can be counted on for a small supporting role.

Today, judiciary have the balls to tell... Pasha, that ISI have no authority to collect evidence against Hussain Fuking Haqqani.
In the end Judiciary humiliated ISI by letting go mother fuker... Haqqani, despite the presence of undeniable evidence.
Where as Zardari who send the SOS is still president and Pasha is no more!

in hindsight, i think former DG ISI was a very able officer but the job was a misfit for him and he left the service for personal reasons

the judiciary has a certain role and it mustn't get too big for its boots or engage in politics.....its a vital organ of the state and they should be making anti-corruption as their main agenda.

as for Haqqani, at this time he will be considered an absconder but he's likely to remain in the U.S. which is his new home. He's irrelevant now, nobody should care for him

Friends, If ISI were really an effective organization, would it be allow itself to be discredited? Fact of the matter is that ISI has a lot of difficulty as a Stand alone organization, actually it's a complete failure as a stand alone - Once it is paired with a 1st world organization, then it can be counted on for a small supporting role.

what should they do? poison everyone that speaks vitriolics against them as they are instructed by their handlers to do

there will be lots of dead bodies then

what should they do? poison everyone that speaks vitriolics against them as they are instructed by their handlers to do - there will be lots of dead bodies then

I would have thought that the way to handle this would have been to not be in the position they are in - it's obvious that any intelligence service would have enemies, so ISI is no stranger to that, but apparently it cannot handle it's affairs and that's why it's in the position it is in.

Killing or poisoning is not always the smart way to go - the better way is to convert opposers into supporters

I would have thought that the way to handle this would have been to not be in the position they are in - it's obvious that any intelligence service would have enemies, so ISI is no stranger to that, but apparently it cannot handle it's affairs and that's why it's in the position it is in.

Killing or poisoning is not always the smart way to go - the better way is to convert opposers into supporters

they arent politicians with a constituency...they are, as you noted, an intelligence service

Dont know but i think- any thing be it a person or agency that has done some sort of service to Pakistan thinks its his/ its birth right now to mess Pakistan eventually ending up doing more harm than it has done good-

From above-
A person A Q Khan comes to mind- and
An agency ISI comes to mind-

they arent politicians with a constituency...they are, as you noted, an intelligence service

Which means what? Their constituency is the national security of Pakistan, with them not just discredited but inffective, is that security furthered or hindered?

Dont know but i think- any thing be it a person or agency that has done some sort of service to Pakistan thinks its his/ its birth right now to mess Pakistan eventually ending up doing more harm than it has done good-

From above-
A person A Q Khan comes to mind- and
An agency ISI comes to mind-

Pakistan has rapidly evolved and some major changes now have come about which I dont think could be reversed. I think with the media and with all the different pressure groups within and outside the country that it could ever be a one-man show kind of thing.

the security apparatus i believe simply has no interest to get embroiled at all in messy domestic politics.....it doesnt suit them. Now of course on issues of national and regional security of course they will have a say

they are good but they aren't God; some expect miracles from them while others claim that they are the ones behind every "miracle" that happens in the region :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom