What's new

Why dont I prefer Modi?

Unless BJP gets absolute majority - which is highly unlikely- the chances of Modi becoming PM is very slim
BJP does not need Absolute majority to be able to project Modi as PM. I believe if they themselves get 180-200 odd seats then the other allies will come even if they project Modi. Remember Jayalalitha supports Modi, Shiv Sena and Akali Dal will also support BJP. together these 3 themselves will give around 40 - 50 seats. The other small parties will also join as they see a chance to be oin the govt.

However if BJP wins less than 180 on its own then it will be difficult to project Modi as JD(U) will not back him.

However if BJP wins less than 180 on its own then it will be difficult to project Modi as JD(U) will not back him.

BJP has zero chance of winning 180 by itself, a quick look at state wise electoral maths will give you a clearer picture.

Last year's elections gave Congress big benefits in TN/AP and Bengal and even in Kerala where they got some anti incumbency,we ll see what happens this time.

Modi as a PM will be difficult but I hope he agrees to hold an important portfolio Home/Finance

Last year's elections gave Congress big benefits in TN/AP and Bengal and even in Kerala where they got some anti incumbency,we ll see what happens this time.

BJP's core base of urban middle-class (a big influential chunk, that is fast growing) has been fast eroding with the entry of the new player (Kejriwal). Earlier congress too tries to woo this base through Rahul, but he disappeared into the hinterlands without a trace :D There are also some cynics (in rural, voter turnout is much more usually) who never voted in any elections, might want to this time (because of lokpal-type movements and Kejriwal brand of politics which is anti-establishment). What dent Kejriwal makes in Delhi will decide how seriously people take him elsewhere.

Good you brought that up (the Sarchar report)! That is another typical example of the Modi's marketing machinery at work. The Appendix of chapter-4 on education clearly says the data was based on Census 2001, before Modi's rule. The Appendix of chapter-8 on income levels says the data was taken from a 2004 survey (I think it was either NSSO survey or NFHS-3), which is barely 2yrs after Modi took over and his riots happened. But then, you will see the Modi machinery freely quoting it everywhere as proof that he has done enough for muslims, when truth of that report is gujarati muslims were already well off before he took over (just like how gujarat was already one of the fastest growing states even before Modi took over).

According to you , development in gujarat under modi a myth? it is all about Narendra modi propanda machinery. Am i reading you correctly?

According to you , development in gujarat under modi a myth? it is all about Narendra modi propanda machinery. Am i reading you correctly?

Nope. I urge you to instead read the blog links and the disclaimer there. I am saying Modi is not this god-sent development-guru as his machinery wants us to believe through half-truths and naked lies. He is good, but only so far as other states have been good too under their CMs. I am also saying that this 'goodness' (w.r.t. his development) is certainly not not enough to compensate for his acts of complicity in murder and riots. Once again, please read the blog for a quantitative analysis of his 'goodness'.

This is a very serious question, bordering on an accusation.

Is HEADLINES TODAY a Congress mouthpiece?

Whats with the piece they have been doing on Muslim mohallas in Gujarat?

Can someone, preferably a Gujarati, even better if Muslim, comment?

Nope. I urge you to instead read the blog links and the disclaimer there. I am saying Modi is not this god-sent development-guru as his machinery wants us to believe through half-truths and naked lies. He is good, but only so far as other states have been good too under their CMs. I am also saying that this 'goodness' (w.r.t. his development) is certainly not not enough to compensate for his acts of complicity in murder and riots. Once again, please read the blog for a quantitative analysis of his 'goodness'.

I did not read the blog honestly and I do not want to read as we are not blinded people living here. Yes but I have certainly read the disclaimer. Thanks for the same. You are correct NAMO is not god sended development guru.

further It is definitely not like that Modi Marketing machinery has been working to promulgate the facts. In one of post you are right that Gujarati are the enterprise peoples. However would like to illustrate that without proper Administrative initiative, you can never utilize that potential with greater percentage. And Modi do have taken the initiative during his regime so definitely credit is due to him.

1. Gujarat is self Sufficient in Milk production. In last decade Milk production in the state has increased by 68%. He has carried forward the effort of Dr.Kurien by by initiating animal hostel. The animal hostel is a first of its kind initiative in cattle-rearing, providing shelter to the animals in villages through a public private partnership.

2. There is another white revolution after milk and salt means production of Raw cotton. In 2001 , the production was around 22-lakh bales now in 2011 it has crossed 1.22-lakh bales. The area under the crop has increased from 16-lakh hectares to 30-lakh hectares. Thus Gujarat’s share in cotton production in the entire country reached 35 per cent.

3. Highway infrastructure is very well built. From Ahmedabad to Mumbai, Ahmedabad to Rajkot, Ahmedabad to Mundra, Ahmedabad to Palanpur etc mean covering the whole Gujarat.

4. Surface irrigation in form of Narmada canal and the water has been reaching to kutch and even Jalor district of Rajasthan. Check dam building across the state. I forgot the name of agency who has also recognized this effort.

5. Agriculture growth rate is 9% which is higher than national growth rate 3% despite the condition like depletion of water table, deterioration of soil and water conditions, irregular rainfall and drought condition. Still this 9% growth rate has been sustain for Last seven year.

6. Gujarat gets 12.5% of total investment share in India according ASSOCHAM. (for detail you can read the below article)
Gujarat gets 12.5% of total investment share in India: Assocham - Economic Times

Look buddy I can count more point regarding the development like 24 hour electricity supply , effeicne CNG supply system ,Power generation from renewable energy source , MSME development in industrial segment , SEZ etc. on which the emphasis has been put up by Government of Gujarat under modi.

Anyway your point is clear on basis of riot you do not like him. Please see the history of Gujarat riot like 1969 , 1980 , 82 where most of congress government were in power. None of has been convicted and prosecuted. Further You need to see the role of certain party during the post godhara riot as well. My personal view is clear I vote for the Nationalist and development orientated person not to the psedo secularist.

My parents are Buddhists, why would I have a problem with Hinduism?

And right-wing, left-wing, doesn't matter.

Modi speaks the language of Business, and this is a universal language.

He does speak the business language. The large state have a comparitively less population with more power available, making it favourable for industries.
And regarding your question to me in another thread(which is closed now), yes, east asian religion in origin are too dhamic religion.
My Quote is from Bhagawat Geeta, written by Lord krishna. He states, when there is injustice, he will be born on earth, to re establish justice.

I still dont understand you mate. During his watch as CM a communal riots did happen. But it happens all over the world.
He has won 2 elections after that, including leading BJP to victory in MP race in Gujarat. People have confidence in him, and we have to respect him, cos this is a democracy.
I used to think like you, but learnt to think from a broader angle now.
If people tomo vote for him , u or me or congress have no choice, but to accept him as PM. He has proved his mettle in domestic politics. Its time to try out his mettle at he international stage.
MMS and PC are intelligent people right now in congress. But they are not allowed to take policy decisions. In this setback, we do need a PM, who takes risks, and shows weight during tough times.

And we have several pseudos who complain that NaMo has'nt achieved anything extra. But the credit goes to enterprising people of Gujarat who are traditionally business minded people. Yes they are indeed. But a stimulus building in the machinery can be done by good administrator, which NaMo has done and also project to the business world. In fact Chandra Babu Naidu also had his own time few years back. Now he is heard nowhere.

Here is an interesting read that aligns to the subject under discussion Waiting for PM Modi - Aijaz Zaka Syed

I see enough Congress money,propoganda everything to not make him the Pm and we ll see how it rolls.

completely wrong congress got only five seats in TN,in AP they lost all by-poll including 3 LS seats ....anti incumbency in kerala? left front was in power and they managed to won 68 seats ,and congress lead udf got 72 seats, UDF came to power mainly because of good performance by muslim league ...and finally Bengal they benefited there in 2011 ,but now TMC is not in UPA ...and President's son Abhijit Mukherjee margin (2500 votes) shows they are in pathetic condition there also

I am talking about 2009,sorry for mentioning last year.

I am talking about the election where P Chidambaram got elected by dubious means.

Back
Top Bottom