What's new

Why dont I prefer Modi?

Here is a screenshot from the Economist link:

India in figures - an interactive guide: Does size matter? | The Economist[/url]

----------------------

From 2003-2012, only three Indian provinces have consistently grown above 10% on average.

Gujarat is the only large Indian province that has consistently had double-digit growth.

I had already addressed that, if only you had cared to read the blog before you post your comment on it. Let me quote just one: Gujarat was the fastest growing state in 90s (also 80s, but no data link in the blog) even before Modi took over. Anyway, please read the blog and my comments here so far first. cheers!

I had already addressed that, if only you had cared to read the blog before you post your comment on it. Let me quote just one: Gujarat was the fastest growing state in 90s (also 80s, but no data link in the blog) even before Modi took over. Anyway, please read the blog and my comments here so far first. cheers!

The "blog" does not contradict the underlying data.

From 2003-2012, Gujarat was the only large Indian province that was able to consistently sustain double-digit growth.

Fair enough. But you need strong leaders to bring in strong systems.

Who has the courage to reform the entire system? Certainly not the son of Sonia Gandhi.

In a parliamentary system, and with rise of regional satraps, I dont think a single leader can do much. We need good and well-wishing parliamentarians themselves. The strength of a leader does not come from within but from the mandate he commands. Gujarati farmers are fine with paying for highest electricity costs, are fine with him not taking action against corrupt Solanki and Anandiben (until HC stepped in and gave sanctions) etc because they are enamored by him. Rest of India may not (and is not). So, he may do the dreadful of a consolidation of core base like he did in 2002, or he will have to be direly dependent on others. And ya, we can both agree that Rahul should NOT become PM.

The "blog" does not contradict the underlying data.

From 2003-2012, Gujarat was the only large Indian province that was able to consistently sustain double-digit growth.
You mean the blog does contradict? or not? :clueless:
As the blog shows, using planning commission data sourced from gujarat's own directorate of economic, if you include 2002 & 2003, gujarat is fastest under Modi. If you consider only from 2004, it is not. Also, Gujarat was fastest even in the preceding decade, and Modi improved it less than improvements in other states. Please read the blog.

You mean the blog does contradict? or not? :clueless:
As the blog shows, using planning commission data sourced from gujarat's own directorate of economic, if you include 2002 & 2003, gujarat is fastest under Modi. If you consider only from 2004, it is not. Also, Gujarat was fastest even in the preceding decade, and Modi improved it less than improvements in other states. Please read the blog.

I've read the blog. They are using arguments of "how much GDP growth has he added" which doesn't make sense.

If Jiangsu province was growing at 15%, then I take over and bring 12% growth, does that mean I have done a bad job?

No, you can't control how well your predecessor did. Growth should be taken at face value.

There is a reason why this could only be published in a blog, because this kind of measure doesn't make sense.

Rather have a goon that performs, then a lame like Rahul Gandhi or something.

Or have a decent, efficient and performing PM - why compromise? Our country is certainly not lacking in talents that we should compromise goon vs lameness for PM and other parliamentarians!

I've read the blog. They are using arguments of "how much GDP growth has he added" which doesn't make sense.

If Jiangsu province was growing at 15%, then I take over and bring 12% growth, does that mean I have done a bad job?

No, you can't control how well your predecessor did. Growth should be taken at face value.

There is a reason why this could only be published in a blog, because this kind of measure doesn't make sense.

Of course it does make sense! If you can compare contemporary growth rates, you can also compare rates of two temporal periods, and then compare this temporal difference between two states (to normalize factors that affected both states uniformly during both periods). Why not?!

The reason why this is published in a blog doesnt matter - Perelman published all his proofs just on arXiv and that doesnt make the content any less worthy.

Or have a decent, efficient and performing PM - why compromise? Our country is certainly not lacking in talents that we should compromise goon vs lameness for PM and other parliamentarians!

but the problem is who will decide the decent PM???...you??..no matter what congress will go with rahul baba if they come in power...not sure what BJP will project though...but NaMo is best they have....

but the problem is who will decide the decent PM???...you??..

No.. WE decide. And hence this discussion on clearing some facts (from many many fiction and half-truths) about one candidate Modi. Also remember, there is always a period of uncertainty when there is a huge change - If we didnt have the stomach to bear instabilities we would still be living with congress and congress alone (referring to 13 day BJP, 2 yr UF surviving on life support, 1 yr BJP and then a 5 yr BJP).

I have noticed some of your posts you are highly pro Gujrat or pro Modi. While you are anti India in general nature. Do you have some business links in Gujrat?

I have noticed some of your posts you are highly pro Gujrat or pro Modi. While you are anti India in general nature. Do you have some business links in Gujrat?

No, I just respect people who can bring actual results.

"实事求是" - Seek the truth from the facts. I.e. Be practical and realistic, use data and numbers.

Modi brings results, that's why foreign companies are all lining up to invest in Gujarat.

P.S. I am not anti-India, I only troll India when Indians are trolling China or Chinese people.

Modi being the PM of India will hugely polarize the county on communal lines.. And thats what folks like CD hope for :)

Modi being the PM of India will hugely polarize the county on communal lines.. And thats what folks like CD hope for :)

Or maybe I know that Modi has the capability to strongly boost the entire regional economy. Meaning that everyone makes money, including us.

Mind games can go either way. Look at the data and see the truth for yourself, irrespective of politics or regional bias.

No, I just respect people who can bring actual results.

"实事求是" - Seek the truth from the facts. I.e. Be practical and realistic, use data and numbers.

Modi brings results, that's why foreign companies are all lining up to invest in Gujarat.

P.S. I am not anti-India, I only troll India when Indians are trolling China or Chinese people.

Are you aware that he is from party which is considered as "Right Wing of India". He is also highly pro Hindu Religion. He being PM of India will be nightmare for your dear friends in pakistan??

Present Manmohan govt is one of the "friendliest" govt for pakistan in entire Indian history. hence able to save country from war after mumbai attacks. Modi might have straight away declared war against pakistan if he was the PM at that time.

Are you aware that he is from party which is considered as "Right Wing of India". He is also highly pro Hindu Religion. He being PM of India will be nightmare for your dear friends in pakistan??

Present Manmohan govt is one of the "friendliest" govt for pakistan in entire Indian history. hence able to save country from war after mumbai attacks. Modi might have straight away declared war against pakistan if he was the PM at that time.

It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom