What's new

Why dont I prefer Modi?

He may be great for Gujrat from an industry perspective, but I dont think he has the grace and manners of a statesman or a country's leader. His demeanor and approach is very goon like.. Specially in public speeches.. Plus does not shy away from personal attacks and using un parliamentary language..

Rather have a goon that performs, then a lame like Rahul Gandhi or something.

What? I never got that impression.

Developing countries like ours need strong leaders, otherwise we will never become developed.

Xi Jinping may look like a jolly guy, but in order to hold a country the size of China together you need serious control and influence over all levels of Government. In order to bring results.

can't agree with u more, the one of the important reasons that Modi is hated by many is b'coz he is frank & straightforward, even some of his party people don't like him b'coz of this attitude, but whenever he has spoken he has spoken his heart out, he made a taunt on our PM that he is "Maunmohan" (is nearly silent), & many will say that it was harsh or un-parliamentary of him, but i ask what wrong did he say, today India is facing rampant corruption, inflation, policy paralysis, our GDP nos. are at a decade low, etc. & when person looks towards PM Manmohan Singh for answers, the only thing he has to say is "Hazaron jawabo se achchi hai khamoshi meri, na jaane kitne sawalo ki aabru rakhe. (My silence is better than a thousand answers, it keeps intact the honour of innumerable questions)", I mean if we will not get answers from our very own PM (our leader) than who else will give them???

Half true and false !!!!
There was a survey conducted by PMO about situation of muslims in different indian states and gujarat was way ahead of average states.. I don't know why that sick sikh and madam italiano didn't publicsed that report ??

Good you brought that up (the Sarchar report)! That is another typical example of the Modi's marketing machinery at work. The Appendix of chapter-4 on education clearly says the data was based on Census 2001, before Modi's rule. The Appendix of chapter-8 on income levels says the data was taken from a 2004 survey (I think it was either NSSO survey or NFHS-3), which is barely 2yrs after Modi took over and his riots happened. But then, you will see the Modi machinery freely quoting it everywhere as proof that he has done enough for muslims, when truth of that report is gujarati muslims were already well off before he took over (just like how gujarat was already one of the fastest growing states even before Modi took over).

I think the blog is a bit biased.

India in figures - an interactive guide: Does size matter? | The Economist

Go to GDP growth tab on the interactive page and see for yourself.

I dont see any disagreement between the figures there and in that blog! What the blog goes on to do is to compare how much the growth rates have improved under Modi (over his predecessors) and how have things improved in other states during these same times. Not to mention the socio-economic indicators, where Modi fails badly. Things dont look as godly as portrayed to be, and certainly not enough to pardon him for his past acts.

What? I never got that impression.

Developing countries like ours need strong leaders, otherwise we will never become developed.

Xi Jinping may look like a jolly guy, but in order to hold a country the size of China together you need serious control and influence over all levels of Government. In order to bring results.

No, we dont needs strong leaders, we need strong systems. But unfortunately, given the way Modi has been known to run down lokayukta and police & prosecution wings (remember, the HC & SC had to intervene a few times!) etc, he doesnt come out as someone who will put in institutions that will serve India long after he leaves office. His style is autocratic, and thats not a good streak. If Vajpayee had to do a Pokhran to consolidate his core base, I dread to imagine what Modi will do to consolidate his (he already did one for gujarat in 2002)! :disagree:

Good you brought that up (the Sarchar report)! That is another typical example of the Modi's marketing machinery at work. The Appendix of chapter-4 on education clearly says the data was based on Census 2001, before Modi's rule. The Appendix of chapter-8 on income levels says the data was taken from a 2004 survey (I think it was either NSSO survey or NFHS-3), which is barely 2yrs after Modi took over and his riots happened. But then, you will see the Modi machinery freely quoting it everywhere as proof that he has done enough for muslims, when truth of that report is gujarati muslims were already well off before he took over (just like how gujarat was already one of the fastest growing states even before Modi took over).
Did u introduce yourself ?

I think the blog is a bit biased.

Link: India in figures - an interactive guide: Does size matter? | The Economist

Go to GDP growth tab on the interactive page and see for yourself.

Here is a screenshot from the Economist link:

India in figures - an interactive guide: Does size matter? | The Economist

fazhan.png

----------------------

From 2003-2012, only three Indian provinces have consistently grown above 10% on average.

Gujarat is the only large Indian province that has consistently had double-digit growth.

I dont see any disagreement between the figures there and in that blog! What the blog goes on to do is to compare how much the growth rates have improved under Modi (over his predecessors) and how have things improved in other states during these same times. Not to mention the socio-economic indicators, where Modi fails badly. Things dont look as godly as portrayed to be, and certainly not enough to pardon him for his past acts.

who are u to pardon him or unpardon him for his so called "past acts", are u a judge of SC or any other court in India?? He is not accuse of wrongdoing in any & i repeat any of the cases, not even an FIR against him, yes u can argue that he is the CM of Gujarat so there is no question of charges against him there, but what about the center??? There is so called "secularist" govt. at the center since more than 8 years & also if i m not wrong than most of the cases of riots are out of Gujarat now, even than there is no accusation against Modi, even the SIT constituted by the Supreme Court of India gave him clean chit, than who are u to decide for every other Indian??? let the people judge for themselves if he is the person who can become the PM of this country, if people wants him they will elect him, if not somebody else will be voted to power, but don't make everyone's judgement solely restricted to what happened in Godhra, it's not the Modi govt. alone that has faced riot charges but nearly every party is accused of the same, than why only single out Modi on riots??

can't agree with u more, the one of the important reasons that Modi is hated by many is b'coz he is frank & straightforward, even some of his party people don't like him b'coz of this attitude, but whenever he has spoken he has spoken his heart out, he made a taunt on our PM that he is "Maunmohan" (is nearly silent), & many will say that it was harsh or un-parliamentary of him, but i ask what wrong did he say, today India is facing rampant corruption, inflation, policy paralysis, our GDP nos. are at a decade low, etc. & when person looks towards PM Manmohan Singh for answers, the only thing he has to say is "Hazaron jawabo se achchi hai khamoshi meri, na jaane kitne sawalo ki aabru rakhe. (My silence is better than a thousand answers, it keeps intact the honour of innumerable questions)", I mean if we will not get answers from our very own PM (our leader) than who else will give them???

Oh, if the comparison of Modi is with UPA or Sonia, then it boils down to pure hardcore supporters taking sides while the neutral voter stands clueless. But we can all agree that there are certainly better candidates in both UPA and NDA, and even among Indians at large (c'mon, our country of 1.2billion will surely have more than a few, but whether they can become a PM is a different thing).

Here is a screenshot from the Economist link:

From 2003-2012, only three Indian provinces have consistently grown above 10% on average.

Gujarat is the only large Indian province that has consistently had double-digit growth.

Yeah well, GDP growth is fine, but if you look at GDP per capita, then Gujarat ranks pretty average. GDP per capita is what matters in the end, cuz that is what defines general standards of living.

Fair enough. But you need strong leaders to bring in strong systems.

Who has the courage to reform the entire system? Certainly not the son of Sonia Gandhi.

This is true. BUT,

Modi has probably been successful in Gujarat in creating a strong system. However, how much can he do at the center, in a coalition politics system is questionable. A lot of the policy paralysis that the congress has been accused of is also because of the BJP's opposition. They never cooperate. Its not just the party in power, but the entire system that is paralyzed and infested with corruption.

who are u to pardon him or unpardon him for his so called "past acts", are u a judge of SC or any other court in India?? He is not accuse of wrongdoing in any & i repeat any of the cases, not even an FIR against him, yes u can argue that he is the CM of Gujarat so there is no question of charges against him there, but what about the center??? There is so called "secularist" govt. at the center since more than 8 years & also if i m not wrong than most of the cases of riots are out of Gujarat now, even than there is no accusation against Modi, even the SIT constituted by the Supreme Court of India gave him clean chit, than who are u to decide for every other Indian??? let the people judge for themselves if he is the person who can become the PM of this country, if people wants him they will elect him, if not somebody else will be voted to power, but don't make everyone's judgement solely restricted to what happened in Godhra, it's not the Modi govt. alone that has faced riot charges but nearly every party is accused of the same, than why only single out Modi on riots??

Even Raja or Kalmadi have not been convicted, but we do believe in their guilt, dont we? So, why this double standard for Modi? (as for the reasons for my belief of Modi, you should read the second link posted at the start of this thread, and the references quoted therein). The biggest reason among them is that Modi admitted to destroying all police distress call and vehicle logs! If he is really guilty, he would have preserved them to prove his innocence especially when he is being hammered, wouldn't he? His own Intelligence departmenr chief Sreekumar (who is not some rogue and comes from a family of freedom fighters in kerala) has testified against Modi. SIT report is not accepted by courts - Amicus Curiae has said there is no strong reason to let go Modi, and SC has ordered SIT to give its reports to Sanjeev Bhat to write and file his report too (and SIT refused and SC had to force it once again strongly).

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom