What's new

Why do people believe the Universe has no purpose/cause?

Great read. :)

God just is, even if he tried explaining it to us we can't comprehend it did to our human nature. We cannot understand how something came out of nothing or that something just always was.

My question would how the day and night comes in a timely fashion being controlled the weather etc is something... not something that just came to existence by itself...there is a higher power that controls it clearly no matter how much atheists and like minded those who ask too many queries.

I do not want to bring in religion but than the Book is as such it does have scientific knowledge. It is biased observation to just include scientists to know everything when they know not even 20% of universe. For how long were planets considered that turn out to be stars. Many theories proven wrong...infact theory is something that is not a FACT..it has to be proven first by various methods if not it remains theory.

My question would how the day and night comes in a timely fashion being controlled the weather etc is something... not something that just came to existence by itself...there is a higher power that controls it clearly no matter how much atheists and like minded those who ask too many queries.

I do not want to bring in religion but than the Book is as such it does have scientific knowledge. It is biased observation to just include scientists to know everything when they know not even 20% of universe. For how long were planets considered that turn out to be stars. Many theories proven wrong...infact theory is something that is not a FACT..it has to be proven first by various methods if not it remains theory.

Yet they keep citing evidence and proof, lol.

Gravity is also a theory, you're welcome to jump from a mountain and prove it wrong. :D

Its same discussion over and over again

The origin and fate of time depends on the frame of reference. In multiverse approach, time in infinite and in local universe approach, time in finite and has a origin.
According to the hypothesis that is best supported (but not rigorously proven) by observations, our physical universe appears to have emerged from nothingness via the Big Bang (at a time when there was no time and in a place where there was no space) and then evolved subject to the laws of physics. However even if through the application of the scientific method, we were somehow eventually able to learn all that can be known about our universe from the moment of the Big Bang onwards, we would still be left with many unanswered existential questions. For example, why does our universe exist at all, instead of the continuation of the nothingness prevalent before the Big Bang? It is possible to reply by invoking quantum fluctuations but such an answer only pushes the boundaries of the mystery a step further since one can then wonder why the physical laws are structured such as to allow quantum fluctuations. Why do the physical laws and fundamental constants of our universe favour increasing complexity as manifested by the structuring of matter into galaxies, solar systems, and planets and at least on Planet Earth also the emergence of life and consciousness?

Furthermore, could our universe be just a component (or layer) of a more complex reality? In particular, do other universes exist? If they do, how and why might they have come into being? Obviously such "why" questions are not in the realm of science. Any answers cannot either be supported or refuted by empirical observations and hence they are in the realm of religion. Reasoning, rationality, logic has its limitations

And as you've gone philosophical than scientific, do tell me, do an infant is born with the concept of God? Do the animal kingdom have the concept of God, as they should have if they have consciousness.
Infants or new born baby cannot even feed or wash themselves let alone contemplate religion/God/atheism or different beliefs exist out there and to choose beliefs for themselves. They get ability to make choices and to decide for themselves after they get knowledge, intellect, wisdom and ability of reasoning. We cannot be sure whether animals worship God or they don't unless we can communicate with them. Their worship may be different than us. Who know? Animals and non human living beings are also programmed and designed to follow a set pattern. They do not defy that set pattern and do not have a free will to defy their basic nature while human beings are given the free will to choose between right and wrong and decide on alternate courses in matters of life. We are not compelled like animals to follow one course of action only but we have the power and faculties to ponder on our environment and to make free choices. Animals dont have free will tahts why they are not held accountable in any court of law :D

mp from a hundred storeyed building, but the fate depends on the realm of physical science, not faith. You're giving attribute to an entity which cannot be perceived, rather than debating on the logical junctures of can universe afford to have a God?

And even if his not from this universe, he'd belong to any such universe, and that universe must have an origin and fate. And i've seen few believers in this same thread stating religion doesn't support multiverse theory, so you're statement is self contradictory in a sense.

You are trying to visualize God the way you visualize other physical or material things. Since all visual or sensuous things are in spacetime, you simply cannot imagine "a being" outside of space-time. God is not restricted by the delimitation of the human mind. Its outside the realm of science or scientist to prove God. You are not going to get any scientific or physical evidence of God because it rely on faith or beliefs. Religion will become science if you get any physical or scientific evidence of existence of God or detect afterlife or angels with some scientific tools You need to understand the difference between facts and beliefs. Facts are something which can be prove . Beliefs are something which is held to be true by an individual without the need of any physical evidence. He just show trust in his God which he came to know through his Prophet or religious scriptures. Beliefs are not facts which mean they cannot be prove even though they still may be true

Last edited:
You're a cuckoo, there is no evidence that says the Universe would never end, there are many theories that say the Universe could eventually compress. You'd still be in denial either way.

The world itself is used in a continuous tense, it is there in Arabic.
This sadly state of all faith based supporter, with a heavy confirmational biased view,no reason can get through. All earlier interpreters are idiots, only the current interpretation is right. Next time something changes in science, present interpretations will disappear (they become new idiots) and the verses will be twisted to suite new interpretation... this will go on till people wake up...

This sadly state of all faith based supporter, with a heavy confirmational biased view,no reason can get through. All earlier interpreters are idiots, only the current interpretation is right. Next time something changes in science, present interpretations will disappear (they become new idiots) and the verses will be twisted to suite new interpretation... this will go on till people wake up...

i wonder what's gonna be their reaction when scientists find life on other planet..! Its funny to see when they quote like god is energy..! I am sure some of them came with this argument science proved that energy does not "die"...it just transform.

It's just so cute when they use scientific terms to describe their notion of god. ha

I already told you, there's nothing to interpret. The word is in Arabic and has always been the same, it's used in a continuous sense otherwise it the whole verse would grammatically incorrect. So let's just play along with you and act as if we're naive people and a bunch self denying idiots.

What about the verse about the Universe being compressed as if it's going to be 'folded up' ?

i wonder what's gonna be their reaction when scientists find life on other planet..! Its funny to see when they quote like god is energy..! I am sure some of them came with this argument science proved that energy does not "die"...it just transform.

It's just so cute when they use scientific terms to describe their notion of god. ha

LOL! Guess a pagan upbringing psychologically damaged you hindus. :lol:

Its neither the first time nor the last muslims insulting other religions. So Continue doing what you are best at. I stopped wasting my time on religious nutcases some time ago. None of my posts were quoting you. you are not worth my time.

for the record: I might be hindu by birth...but atheist by a choice and i don't get "burn" for it.

oh..and feel free not to quote me again.

Its neither the first time nor the last muslims insulting other religions. So Continue doing what you are best at. I stopped wasting my time on religious nutcases some time ago.

for the record: I might be hindu by birth...but atheist by a choice and i don't get "burn" for it.

Calling a pagan religion a pagan religion isn't insulting it. It doesn't make sense for people to doubt a supernatural/superior being is behind our existence.

Calling a pagan religion a pagan religion isn't insulting it. It doesn't make sense for people to doubt a supernatural/superior being is behind our existence.

Pagan has negative connotations. Use the term "polytheist" as it has no negative connotations.

Pretty much this.

Besides, I think Philosophy is too 'soft'

I put my trust in a scientist rather than a philosopher or a preacher.

Except when something appeals to the Human emotions. Like an artist.

That is naive. Scientists and Philosophers tackle very different problems.

I already told you, there's nothing to interpret. The word is in Arabic and has always been the same, it's used in a continuous sense otherwise it the whole verse would grammatically incorrect. So let's just play along with you and act as if we're naive people and a bunch self denying idiots.

What about the verse about the Universe being compressed as if it's going to be 'folded up' ?

Ofcourse, nothing to interpret. All those people till 1930 who said that the verse means "we created the vastness" are idiots. Which is even the interpretation as per official SA translation. They are all idiots. Only you (and people like you) are correct. I get it... For the last time, universe is NOT going to be folded up. It is going to expand till big freeze. If somebody says otherwise, they are wrong, plain and simple.

I can't wrap my head around these people. Virtually every single thing these people are depending to survive are coming from "pagans" or people of different faith. Still these people act like they are some kind of special. I think they are somewhat right, they are "specially enabled", if you know what I mean...

Are you for real or what? You got no clue how day and night comes in timely fashion? My head is "spinning"

Because unlike religion science is able to provide answer to the mysteries?

What's that supposed to mean? :(

I had a healthy childhood with lovely parents.

Most Hindus are concerned about giving their children a good education and a good shot at life, just like majority of Christians, Muslims and Buddhists (even Atheists).

Having childhood psychological trauma is the result of abusive parenting, and can be found across all religious groups.

Heck, Indian Hindus adjust pretty well in Western countries.

Look, sorry if I have caused offence or others have, Let's not go around insulting Hindus, unless they piss you off :-)

The idea of God IS man-made, because we're the only species that believes in such an entity and indulge in activities ranging from debates to wars over our belief in the entity called God. Religion is just the structured, liturgical/dogmatic expression of our faith in that entity.

If questions regarding the existence of such an entity are unresolved, how credible are the alleged interactions with members of our species with that entity?

You are making a large assumption here namely that you know that every species in the universe has no notion of God except humanity. Just not possible for you too know.

Back
Top Bottom