What's new

Why Do Indians Tie Down Their Tejas Aircraft Like a Cow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can see it is the junkyard and the aircraft is missing engines. Highly unbalanced configuration.
Agreed. The aircraft is missing engines and might be some internal stuff that would make it lighter than its full configuration. But it would still weigh quite a lot. My example was to show that weight is not the only criteria that would make an aircraft shift its position in strong winds. This is for those experts who quoted the weight as the only matrix.
If weight is the only criteria then mega ships shouldn’t sail and mega aircraft shouldn’t fly. Take off speed of A380 as well as A320 is comparable. Meaning they are likely to be disturbed by a gust of wind in very similar ways.

i did find an image of a Donkey in a similar configuration.
Google has become very smart in dishing out search results in a personalised manner. They use past search history to give a personalised service. If you repeatedly get results of DONKEYS then it’s not someone else’s fault.

With aircraft chocks in place to stop the Indian Air Force's LCA Tejas aircraft from rolling down, why is it left tied to a weight of concrete block. Surely a jet weighing some 6500 Kgs will not just blow away.

View attachment 805946
Band kay rakha hai kehein bhaag kar suicide na kar lay. It’s already tried a few times.

Translation. …..

They tied it down as it may run and commit suicide to get out of its misery!! It’s already tried a few times!!!

lol:p:
K
You don’t appear to be the foremost authority that you are trying to portray by giving examples of donkeys.
Wind speed over an aerodynamic surface is what matters. It can reach a figure even few feet above the ground and move an aircraft. Had you googled the matter you would have come across it in adequate details. Your eyesight seemed to have dimmed temporarily just a few posts above, wherein you couldn’t spot an inverted F-16 over another one in an area that doesn’t appear to be an aircraft carrier to me.
Since you are only interested in trolling, there isn’t any use explaining it to your likes. I don’t have any examples of donkeys to explain it to you.
So you agree with me it may run away and commit suicide!

Last edited:
Google has become very smart in dishing out search results in a personalised manner. They use past search history to give a personalised service. If you repeatedly get results of DONKEYS then it’s not someone else’s fault.

Lol lol

Haven't laughed so hard in a long while

Well then again I did quote you repeatedly in this thread, Google must have also picked up that as well.... Was wondering how Justice Katjus name and the rest appeared on the screen. Thanks for solving it for me.

A 747 dancing in winds. Empty weight of this bird is 1,85,000 Kg.

It’s moving because it has no engines hence lighter and center of gravity is off, same with the pics of F16s above.

I heard in 1985 or 86, that a few of our F-16s rolled off tarmac to the adjoining fields, in Risalpur, due to very sharp wind.

I heard in 1985 or 86, that a few of our F-16s rolled off tarmac to the adjoining fields, in Risalpur, due to very sharp wind.
Securing the aircraft (even fighters) is done across the world at locations prone to weather conditions that can generate high speed winds. FAA and EASA have lengthy instructions on the subject and they don’t restrict these to aircraft with certain weight but apply across the board.
I am sure PAF would have also started securing its aircraft after the incident quoted by you. No professional force can afford to loose such high cost equipment to avoidable damage.

Securing the aircraft (even fighters) is done across the world at locations prone to weather conditions that can generate high speed winds. FAA and EASA have lengthy instructions on the subject and they don’t restrict these to aircraft with certain weight but apply across the board.
I am sure PAF would have also started securing its aircraft after the incident quoted by you. No professional force can afford to loose such high cost equipment to avoidable damage.

I am taking it as an entertainment thread. :p:

With aircraft chocks in place to stop the Indian Air Force's LCA Tejas aircraft from rolling down, why is it left tied to a weight of concrete block. Surely a jet weighing some 6500 Kgs will not just blow away.

View attachment 805946

stop being stupid that's the umblical cord you dumdum :P

holy crap ... the plane moved around like paper sheeesh

So what are you trying to prove? Yes, stationary planes can be impacted by high winds, however there are better ways of securing aircrafts than what IAF’s seems to be doing. The only time I have seen such a way to secure an air craft is at the local flying club. I have never seen such tie downs for an airforce jet. Even if IAF wants to use a concrete block, tie it to both the wings. Tying it to the nose wheel will not stop the plane from flipping over in high wind and damaging itself. Lahore Flying Club has done a better job of tying down its 50 year Cessna 150 compared to IAF and it’s 4.5+++++ game changer jet.

Attachments

• 6A09D42E-25D7-4916-AAA5-02E38F9A8C5C.jpeg
    6A09D42E-25D7-4916-AAA5-02E38F9A8C5C.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 7F9385DD-9D60-44C2-84E4-58ED367199CD.jpeg
    7F9385DD-9D60-44C2-84E4-58ED367199CD.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom