What's new

Why did PAF not buy F16/BLOCK 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well What's the use of opening a 2 years old thread.

And a very very very good question raised by stealth.

PAF didn't bought anything for 20 years and so they must have accumlated 20 years money.So where did that money go.

Wat do you think eatin by courpt leaders ... simple no brainer :cheesy:

Stop saying this all the time that "we dont have money blaa blaa expensive". Can anyone explain where is our 15 years of money ?? 90-2005? Pakistan Airforce not even purchase any state of the art aircraft. Where is damn it 15 years of money ???

Come out from dream fantasy stories and look reality...

230 Su30 Mki
126 MMRCA
Mig29 + Naval series
Mirage

Otherside

50 F16s (MLU) + 18 Block 52
Crapy JF17 (In fantasy JF17 even shotdown F22 but in reality its a piece of REAL JUNK nuthing else. PAF objective about JF17 is to replace old fleet thats it nothing state of the art in this piece of junk)
J10 (So called 4 gen but no test reports nuthing just on paper)
25 years old mirage Rose 3 n 5

in front of 400 + 4Gen fighters forgod sake stop dreaming and use brain! comeout from dream about this crap JF17 ... wth JF17 in front of MKI looks MKI baby!

suppose we will get 36 Block 52 + 36 J10 = 70 in front of 230 + 126 4 + gen

THATS WHAT REALITY!! stop crying always that we dont have money too buy Rafale bla ablaa where is 20 years + money ??????

jeez....fighter jets doesn't fight with avionics and AESA radar!
its good to have a decent radar with about 100km of range, which jf-17 already have!!! the important thing u need is a good BVR missile, chaff/dispenser, and a damn good pilot!!!
AND SO WAT IF JF-17 LOOKS LIKE A BABY FRONT OF MKI!!!
A 9MM BULLET WILL DO THE SAME THING AS .5CAL, IF IT HITS ON THE RIGHT SPOT.....

Wat do you think eatin by courpt leaders ... simple no brainer :cheesy:

How can you say that.PAF continuously got its share of the budget for 20 years so they must have accumulated a lot money.Where is that money.

How can you say that.PAF continuously got its share of the budget for 20 years so they must have accumulated a lot money.Where is that money.

Dude in reality there is no such thing as PAF money $ its gov funds called a defence budget ! that go towards the armed forces for the armed forces and there needs simple... where is it i don't know if you have a better guess then mines plzz input it and let us know thx :what::disagree:

jeez....fighter jets doesn't fight with avionics and AESA radar!
its good to have a decent radar with about 100km of range, which jf-17 already have!!! the important thing u need is a good BVR missile, chaff/dispenser, and a damn good pilot!!!
AND SO WAT IF JF-17 LOOKS LIKE A BABY FRONT OF MKI!!!
A 9MM BULLET WILL DO THE SAME THING AS .5CAL, IF IT HITS ON THE RIGHT SPOT.....

My good kid---,

Learning is a good thing---the .5 calibre is an anywhere round---you know what that means---it will kill you anywhere it hits you---because of the energy behind the round round---it will take someone down over two kilometers---on the other hand---9mm is not the deadliest of rounds and it will only kill you at maybe 20 yds.

@ topic
simple.......because they were not offered to PAF

the best thing is to close this topic
1.they were not offered to Pakistan
2.they cant afford the plane

i agree with stealth to some extent that baffles me too

y not j-11b which is direct match for su-30 mean they both are of same breed i.e developed from su-27

y are we still buying old technology...we always heard about paf its quality not quantity thn where's the quality now? buy less but buy quality plans SAAB gripen, rafale,j-11b were all offerd to Pakistan if u remember the intervies fo ACM Tanveer mehmood he clearly stated it..its lame excuse to say that we dont want twin engine fighter...man come on countries like Malaysia are buying twin engined fighter its the demand of the hour

and jf-17 is a medium tech fighter u cant compare it with hight tech just 7 hard points n no IFR in atleast first 50 blocks.its a good start but u cant make them ur backbone:hitwall:

its not first 50 blocks rather its first block of 50 aircrafts

Bhaisaab

Beggar cannot be chooser.... USA has used Pakistan and now just to keep ties alive it is offered refurbished junk.. F16 is two decade old and its has not faced any modern-ware enemy... we have seen only Israeli used it against old vintage aircraft....Please tell me that F16 fought face to face or in modern time with SAM and these aircraft Mig-29 or SU 27 or SU30....

Please don't treat F16 like God....there are better aircraft than that ....We can only see this if Israel attack Iran and the real truth about F16 is how it evade Iran air-force and SAM's

PAF should now take U turn and invest heavily with Chinese and make some Mix Masala aircraft as per its requirement...

Last edited:
Bhaisaab

Beggar cannot be chooser.... USA has used Pakistan and now just to keep ties alive it is offered refurbished junk.. F16 is two decade old and its has not faced any modern-ware enemy... we have seen only Israeli used it against old vintage aircraft....Please tell me that F16 fought face to face or in modern time with SAM and these aircraft Mig-29 or SU 27 or SU30....

Please don't treat F16 like God....there are better aircraft than that ....We can only see this if Israel attack Iran and the real truth about F16 is how it evade Iran air-force and SAM's

PAF should now take U turn and invest heavily with Chinese and make some Mix Masala aircraft as per its requirement...

If you had the slightest idea about the capabilites of the F16, you wouldnt have made a comment like that. Sure F16 was introduced three decades ago; when were SU27 and MIG29 introduced, 2010 :lol:. F16 is the most versatile and capable war machine of the 20th century, their is a reason why its the most produced American Fighter Jet.

If you had the slightest idea about the capabilites of the F16, you wouldnt have made a comment like that. Sure F16 was introduced three decades ago; when were SU27 and MIG29 introduced, 2010 :lol:. F16 is the most versatile and capable war machine of the 20th century, their is a reason why its the most produced American Fighter Jet.

Bhaisaab

I am student and still in learning stage ! :D

I never said F16 is bad :agree:...I said It has never been used against comparable aircraft or tested in real war front and some people like you have wrong vision:cool:

The production Su-27 (sometimes Su-27S, NATO designation 'Flanker-B') began to enter VVS operational service around 1984, (As per Wiki)

the MiG-29 production version entered service in August 1983 at the Kubinka air base. State acceptance trials were completed in 1984, and deliveries began the same year to the Soviet Frontal Aviation.(As per Wiki)

Please tell me that F16 fought face to face or in modern time with SAM and these aircraft Mig-29 or SU 27 or SU30....

Same argument can be given about Mig-29, SU-27 and SU-30. These aircrafts also have not come face to face against modern fighters.

Bhaisaab

better to get facts cleared than make comments if u have little knowledge than USAF the worlds most powerfull airforce has almost 1000 f-16 in service as of 2010 F-16 is the backbone of USAF and number of airforces in the world ,Americans called F-16 the workhorse of its airfroce <it is the best fighter ever made

with the evolution of more advance technology there are gud fighters but u cant redicule the f-16

better to get facts cleared than make comments if u have little knowledge than USAF the worlds most powerfull airforce has almost 1000 f-16 in service as of 2010 F-16 is the backbone of USAF and number of airforces in the world ,Americans called F-16 the workhorse of its airfroce <it is the best fighter ever made

with the evolution of more advance technology there are gud fighters but u cant redicule the f-16

I would agree with you on this one. F-16 still is a very potent fighter. Its so modular in design that even after decades, it can still be upgraded to modern standards, although it has now reached its top.

But Pakistan was never offered the block60. Although in future, US might want to sell off its F16 to replace them with something better. But that would take another decade or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom