What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

He is the master of assumptions,then he ll ask as to why u r stereotyping him?

leave him alone.

I can't believe that he is still trying to disassociate Tamils from the so called Indo-Aryan ancestry even after I told him about findings of genetic tests by Harvard Medical School as if still can't believe it and staying confused. :laugh:

The Ghaggar-Hakra(Saraswati river) dried up around 1900BC by scientific findings, so there is another blot on Aryan invasion theory of 1500BC, 400 years after drying of Saraswati and still mentioned in Rigveda.

And as a river in full flow. That point always lead AIT followers into all sort of gymnastics :D.(By the time of the Mahabharata, it is clear that the Sarasvati was no longer flowing continuously)

I can't believe that he is still trying to disassociate Tamils from the so called Indo-Aryan ancestry even after I told him about findings of genetic tests by Harvard Medical School as if still can't believe it and staying confused. :laugh:

Brahmin-Upper caste Non Brahmin competition for eliteness has been going on for a longtime but it was not an ethnic war,both sides recognize each other's pros n cons.

But the political movement that came very recently has hijacked it and let society to ruins apart from the natural ruin that was happening.

People like Chola just get propoganda,thats all.

good... again u can see proto tamil everywhere..

What it says is those languages split from tamil..

If u read about malayalam history from any sources,
u can see it split from tamil 1000 years ago.

It doesn't mean that there was no tamil before 1000 years,

heck, one of our greatests works, tirukkural is dated before 2000 years in all credible sources, now beat that...
its tamil is same as the chaste tamil and most of the kurals are understandable even to chennai tamil speakers

LOL.

It seems most of the Indians in middle East study in Indian schools.

Yeah,it is much better than GCSE.

Why dont u extrapolate ur own logic...

If our written history itlef is that long ..!!

Now u do not want to believe the recorded inscriptions but u wanna believe one single chart, that doesn't prove its older?

U are being jealous , but tamil is as indian as any other language so u are free to be proud of it,,... I welcome u to search and find answer...

I only wish people should cite the proper history. I speak some Telugu and the language is too different from Tamil. Kannada also sounds very different from Tamil but not to the extent of Telugu.

:D The chart does say proto dravidian is not Tamil, otherwise it would be caled Tamil & not proto-Dravidian. According to your logic, Tulu came about in the 16th century? Do you see any language connections? Please don't dismiss scholarly work with this kind of logic. People can trace back words to their origins, the usually simply don't appear out of thin air. It is inconceivable that "Tamil" remained unchanged while other languages were simply changing wholesale around it. Do yoiu see any logic to that assertion? Language chages simply don't happen that way, it is usually a slow, long process. Tamil & Kannada did share a common ancestry & together with Tulu, an earlier form & with Telugu & the other members of that branch, an even earlier form. To argue, as you are doing, that Tamil remained untouched and it was all other languages going berserk & changing for no apparent reason is to be illogical & even more importantly, you are being uncharitable to Tamil, a language whose cause you insist that you are espousing.(By your logic, other languages seem to insist on rejecting Tamil. Otherwise why would they change from an "established" language?)

Let me put in simple words for u..

Malayalam is a relatively young language 1000 years old..

In chart u see as tamil - malayalam...

That doesnt means tamil and malayalam is same 1000 years ago...

All our sangam literatures are called Tamil works and not malayalam works simply because, the present day tamil is same as that sangam tamil and malayalam is not sangam tamil...

This is a concept called speciation (genetically) we can extrapolate to language too..

When a same poplation (genetically similar) gets geographically separated for long perod of time its language,culture will evolve independently.. this happened to other dravidian languages...

same way for tulu and other languages, they differentiated from tamil due to time as the region had different rulers and kingdoms for long time in recent centuries..

I only wish people should cite the proper history. I speak some Telugu and the language is too different from Tamil. Kannada also sounds very different from Tamil but not to the extent of Telugu.

hindi and bengali aslo dont sound exaclty as sanskrit.. but no one can ignore the influences...
if they had that much similarity we will be calling them as diaclets rather than new languages

Brahmin-Upper caste Non Brahmin competition for eliteness has been going on for a longtime but it was not an ethnic war,both sides recognize each other's pros n cons.

But the political movement that came very recently has hijacked it and let society to ruins apart from the natural ruin that was happening.

People like Chola just get propoganda,thats all.

LOL.

Yeah,it is much better than GCSE.

great reply ... explains why hindi chavinist make fool of themselves and bring bad name to our country

I still find it very bizarre branding Tamil Brahmins as Aryan North Indians and rest of the Tamils as pure Dravidian. :o::o:

Dravida wasn't a race but a geographical expression mainly extended to regions of Chola, Chera and Pandya.
Yes, I still find many tom, dick and Harry from Europe telling me how they have more claim on our Aryan heritage than brown skin Indians. :wacko:

So Dradvdian is not race but just demographic but Aryans are native to land and everyone is Aryan right? lol

hindi and bengali aslo dont sound exaclty as sanskrit.. but no one can ignore the influences...
if they had that much similarity we will be calling them as diaclets rather than new languages

Both originated from two different kinds of Prakrit- Hindi from Shauraseni and Bengali from Magadhi. Both kinds of Prakrit are very ancient, even Lord Buddha spoke Magadhi some 2500 years ago.

Tamil unlike any other Indian language has written records spanning more than 2000 years, sadly tulu has only from 15th century AD!! even sanskrit and hindi or kannada have same story..

Rigveda's early verses are dated at 4500 years BC based on astronomical observations.

I am sure Tamil is a great language with a proud tradition. It doesn't mean we have to put down other languages and cultures.

So Dradvdian is not race but just demographic but Aryans are native to land and everyone is Aryan right? lol

You can find the real meaning of Aryan in Hindu scriptures and both Dravida and Arya are not races if you follow Hindu scriptures. For your information, the word Dravida is too Sanskrit in origin.

You can find the real meaning of Aryan in Hindu scriptures and both Dravida and Arya are not races. For your information, the word Dravida is too Sanskrit in origin.
So who came first? Aryans right and from them so called Dravdians divided :enjoy:

You can find the real meaning of Aryan in Hindu scriptures

What is that real meaning?

He is the master of assumptions,then he ll ask as to why u r stereotyping him?
poi thayir sabdungol maami :crazy:

1. Aryans were not ONE tribe. All those tribes who migrated from Central Asia/Afghan & Iranian highlands and assimilated with the locals in today's Punjab to create a syncretic religion called Vedic Religion are all collectively clubbed as Aryans.

2. There isn't one tribe or race called the Dravidians either. Those who resided in the Southern reaches of the peninsula were all collectively called Dravidians.

If Dravidians are a race as you want us to believe, what are their defining traits? Can you describe an average Aryan and Dravidian to me?

Back
Top Bottom