What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Err...NO! Proto Tamil-Kannada means just that; an ancestor to both. Proto Tulu & Proto Telugu predates even proto Tamil-Kannada.
Errr--No!!!

Please start by showing any inscriptions that correlate with your claim..

I can show that tamil has the oldest of inscriptions of any language in India..

Err...NO! Proto Tamil-Kannada means just that; an ancestor to both. Proto Telugu predates even proto Tamil-Kannada while proto Tulu is a contemporary.

food for thought

Tamil language

Comparing any other language to tamil is an insult to us..
no language cant match its antiquity, history and literary works

Errr--No!!!

Please start by showing any inscriptions that correlate with your claim..

I can show that tamil has the oldest of inscriptions of any language in India..

Not just my claim , this is accepted language history. Presence of inscriptions is not necessarily proof of being older.(Tulu for example has no known independent script, doesnt mean it doesn't exist) As I said, do you have an alternative table that is accepted by any language expert?

good... again u can see proto tamil everywhere..

What it says is those languages split from tamil..

If u read about malayalam history from any sources,
u can see it split from tamil 1000 years ago.

It doesn't mean that there was no tamil before 1000 years,

heck, one of our greatests works, tirukkural is dated before 2000 years in all credible sources, now beat that...
its tamil is same as the chaste tamil and most of the kurals are understandable even to chennai tamil speakers

Kannada and Telugu sounds very different from Tamil showing the very older split from Proto-Dravidian while Malayalam and Tamil sounds very identical. Unlike Tamil, there is no Sangam era ancient literature for Telugu and Kannada but having the literature is not the key to decide when these languages actually originated.

Not just my claim , this is accepted language history. Presence of inscriptions is not necessarily proof of being older. As I said, do you have an alternative table that is accepted by any language expert?

Please go through the unesco links that u get in google search maybe???

Kannada and Telugu sounds very different from Tamil showing the very older split from Proto-Dravidian while Malayalam and Tamil sounds very identical. Unlike Tamil, there is no Sangam era ancient literature for Telugu and Kannada but having the literature is not the key to decide when these languages actually originated.

Why dont u extrapolate ur own logic...

If our written history itlef is that long ..!!

Now u do not want to believe the recorded inscriptions but u wanna believe one single chart, that doesn't prove its older?

U are being jealous , but tamil is as indian as any other language so u are free to be proud of it,,... I welcome u to search and find answer...

I have seen many people claiming Indus Valley civilization as Tamil Civilization who were later drifted to South by the so called marauding Aryans.

There has been no change in language demographics in India for several thousand years.

The Aryan languages were spoken upto North Maharashtra since the early Rigvedic time and Puranas testify to that.

Similarly the Dravidian languages have been spoken in their current regions since thousands of years.

There is neither any recorded history nor tradition of any movement or displacement of people before the colonialist historians pulled out this AIT from thin air.

They even go to the extent of calling Dravidians as immigrants to the land before Aryans (and Australoid people before them as well) though that part is not played up to the same extent.

I think of both Dravidian and Aryan languages and cultures as native to our Dharmic land and to be celebrated on their own merit. They need not be antagonistic to each other just because of the imaginary AIT and its imaginary implications (created and played up for political reasons).

The great Indian archaeologist S R Rao (who unearthed Dwarka earlier) has deciphered the IVC script (something accepted by many notable Academicians and universities) and he has mentioned its language to be an Aryan one.

IVC was an Aryan civilization.

stop talking with your own hand !! ;)

This person is some sort of Arain (Arab wannabe). For some reason this remote wannabe Arab is obsessed with India.

Some other Arains are Zia ul haq and this Riaz haq and they were also obsessed with India even though we don't care for these wannabe Arabs.

Lately lot of Arain gils have been coming to India (like Veena malik) to earn their rozi-roti. Just let them earn their living. ;)

Last edited:
Please go through the unesco links that u get in google search maybe???

Why dont u extrapolate ur own logic...

If our written history itlef is that long ..!!

Now u do not want to believe the recorded inscriptions but u wanna believe one single chart, that doesn't prove its older?

U are being jealous , but tamil is as indian as any other language so u are free to be proud of it,,... I welcome u to search and find answer...

Still waiting for you to post an alternate language map. It is not any chart, it is one accepted by language experts. If you have something that you can search, please feel free to post it & discuss.

Unlike you, I'm not hung up on language superiority. You are guessing that I have a particular language affinity. You may be right or you may be wrong. You won't find evidence of any particular affinity in my posts. I state facts as they are presented and known. I'm open to persuasion with evidence. I'm not hung up on any particular line. Not the same with you, I'm guessing.

Still waiting for you to post an alternate language map. It is not any chart, it is one accepted by language experts. If you have something that you can search, please feel free to post it & discuss.

Unlike you, I'm not hung up on language superiority. You are guessing that I have a particular language affinity. You may be right or you may be wrong. You won't find evidence of any particular affinity in my posts. I state facts as they are presented and known. I'm open to persuasion with evidence. I'm not hung up on any particular line. Not the same with you, I'm guessing.
As i said if inscriptional evidence is not enough and u are going to stick to one chart which doesnt say tamil is not oldest i really dont get your point...

Its not about language superiority,
Its called stating the fact...

That still remains a very confusing part. The dates for mixtures of the ASI-ANI(4.2-1.9 thousand years ago) given simply cannot explain how the entire population seems to have that kind of genetic input, especially if you assume castes would have started firming up in late 2nd millenia- early 1st millenia BCE (by the time of the Mahabharata, caste had taken on rigid proportions). Not much chance of a mixture after then and certainly not one as complete as it seems to be. The explanation feels incomplete.

I think we will have to wait but I read earliest Mahabharata belongs to around 10th century BC and got modified in later centuries. Also, I read the Rigvedic period was actually the last phase of Indus Valley civilization also called (three disconnected) localization era of Indus Valley civilization- Cemetery H, Jhukar and Rangpur. The region of Cemetery H culture or Ochre Coloured Pottery Phase named on Cemetery H region of Harappa town matches perfectly with the description of Sapta Sindhu of Rigveda.

Last edited:
As i said if inscriptional evidence is not enough and u are going to stick to one chart which doesnt say tamil is not oldest i really dont get your point...

Its not about language superiority,
Its called stating the fact...

You keep saying it's just one chart. Betrays understanding of what it is. It is not a chart drawn up for fun. It is the outcome of all known studies on the Dravidian language family. Kannada, Telugu & even Tulu are quite different to Tamil, It would be difficult to reconcile such large differences as suddenly having originated from within the Tamil language. The language tree makes that very point. You seem unable or unwiling to see it.

I think we will have to wait but I read earliest Mahabharata belongs to around 10th century BC and got modified in later centuries. Also, I read the Rigvedic period was actually the last phase of Indus Valley civilization also called (three disconnected) localization era of Indus Valley civilization- Cemetery H, Jhukar and Rangpur. The region of Cemetery H culture or Ochre Coloured Pottery Phase named on Cemetery H region of Harappa town matches perfectly with the description Sapta Sindhu of Rigveda.

I wasn't dating the Mahabharata, only making the point that even the very late dates assigned to it by the AIT scholars still put it in the 1st millenia BCE. For its origins anyway. Caste was firmed up by then allowing for little mixing after. That narrows the available time for complete mixing. Difficult to believe that such mixing took place fairly recently & at a very quick pace but that there are no "non-Aryan" place names & river names in N.India & limited "Aryan" influence in the South. Something seems to be missing here.

Last edited:
You keep saying it's just one chart. Betrays understanding of what it is. It is not a chart drawn up for fun. It is the outcome of all known studies on the Dravidian language family. Kannada, Telugu & even Tulu are quite different to Tamil, It would be difficult to reconcile such large differences as suddenly having originated from within the Tamil language. The language tree makes that very point. You seem unable or unwiling to see it.

It doesnt say much... ill look up.. but u seem to be hell bent on ignoring the simplest fact...

Tamil unlike any other Indian language has written records spanning more than 2000 years, sadly tulu has only from 15th century AD!! even sanskrit and hindi or kannada have same story..

U are ignoring this simple plain fact... u are showing a single chart that says tamil and tulu diverged long back..

Does the chart say proto dravidan is not tamil?? nope

Whatever the chart provides, ur conclusion upon it is not conclusive bty any shreds...

While I look for any sourse that says tamil is not oldest u pls do it to and share

There has been no change in language demographics in India for several thousand years.

The Aryan languages were spoken upto North Maharashtra since the early Rigvedic time and Puranas testify to that.

Similarly the Dravidian languages have been spoken in their current regions since thousands of years.

There is neither any recorded history nor tradition of any movement or displacement of people before the colonialist historians pulled out this AIT from thin air.

They even go to the extent of calling Dravidians as immigrants to the land before Aryans (and Australoid people before them as well) though that part is not played up to the same extent.

I think of both Dravidian and Aryan languages and cultures as native to our Dharmic land and to be celebrated on their own merit. They need not be antagonistic to each other just because of the imaginary AIT and its imaginary implications (created and played up for political reasons).

The great Indian archaeologist S R Rao (who unearthed Dwarka earlier) has deciphered the IVC script (something accepted by many notable Academicians and universities) and he has mentioned its language to be an Aryan one.

IVC was an Aryan civilization.

There were some major colonial agenda regarding Aryan invasion theory. If you see the ancient history of North Europe there is no history of North Europe, you can even see such depiction in Hollywood movies based Roman era until they became Christians under Greeco-Roman influence of South Europe, the Renaissance and Age of discovery gave them world dominance. So, the Aryan invasion theory gave them point to a fake theory that White race gave superior Vedic civilization and everyone in Europe started to pretend as Aryan a symbol of white superiority, by this they filled historical voidness while this cultural theft gave nightmares to Indians. And the Aryan-Dravidian divide gave bonus to British to create a rift between North and south Indians trying to declare North Indians as invading race and South Indians as native race, but in the last strong belief in Hinduism acted as a greatest deterrent against Aryan-Dravidian bullcrap. Dravida wasn't a race but a geographical expression mainly extended to regions of Chola, Chera and Pandya.

Yes, I still find many tom, dick and Harry from Europe telling me how they have more claim on our Aryan heritage than brown skin Indians. :wacko:

alright **** was off I apologise.

But I will never back off from Ganja.

Did you know that Hem has many legal uses? :agree:

It is about priorities,dont u think getting jaundice cured organically is a great athing compared to whatever u speak of.

I wasn't dating the Mahabharata, only making the point that even the very late dates assigned to it by the AIT scholars still put it in the 1st millenia BCE. For its origins anyway. Caste was firmed up by then allowing for little mixing after. That narrows the available time for complete mixing. Difficult to believe that such mixing took place fairly recently & at a very quick pace but that there are no "non-Aryan" place names & river names in N.India & limited "Aryan" influence in the South. Something seems to be missing here.

There is many thing that's very fishy, how the Indo-Aryan languages is very different from the Iranic languages. The complex phonology of Vedic Sanskrit is continued to be unchanged since the last 4000 years but the Indo-Aryan languages and Iranic language shares very little similarities and lack languages continuum, a Punjabi finds Pashto language sharing little similarities with Punjabi language. The Ghaggar-Hakra(Saraswati river) dried up around 1900BC by scientific findings, so there is another blot on Aryan invasion theory of 1500BC, 400 years after drying of Saraswati and still mentioned in Rigveda.

Last edited:
It doesnt say much... ill look up.. but u seem to be hell bent on ignoring the simplest fact...

Tamil unlike any other Indian language has written records spanning more than 2000 years, sadly tulu has only from 15th century AD!! even sanskrit and hindi or kannada have same story..

U are ignoring this simple plain fact... u are showing a single chart that says tamil and tulu diverged long back..

Does the chart say proto dravidan is not tamil?? nope

Whatever the chart provides, ur conclusion upon it is not conclusive bty any shreds...

While I look for any sourse that says tamil is not oldest u pls do it to and share

:D The chart does say proto dravidian is not Tamil, otherwise it would be caled Tamil & not proto-Dravidian. According to your logic, Tulu came about in the 16th century? Do you see any language connections? Please don't dismiss scholarly work with this kind of logic. People can trace back words to their origins, the usually simply don't appear out of thin air. It is inconceivable that "Tamil" remained unchanged while other languages were simply changing wholesale around it. Do yoiu see any logic to that assertion? Language chages simply don't happen that way, it is usually a slow, long process. Tamil & Kannada did share a common ancestry & together with Tulu, an earlier form & with Telugu & the other members of that branch, an even earlier form. To argue, as you are doing, that Tamil remained untouched and it was all other languages going berserk & changing for no apparent reason is to be illogical & even more importantly, you are being uncharitable to Tamil, a language whose cause you insist that you are espousing.(By your logic, other languages seem to insist on rejecting Tamil. Otherwise why would they change from an "established" language?)

Back
Top Bottom