What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Ii don't think that is the reason for resistance. Provide it part of the board, same as french is offered as part of CBSE. If there is a demand people will take tuitions outside.

You have to come up with a better argument than that.

Provide which language as part of the board? Only Hindi or all official regional languages of India? And if any subject is part of the board then schools have to keep teachers for that subject, how can a board conduct examination for a subject that they don't teach in schools? It's perfectly fine for regional boards to offer its regional language and English, if anybody wants to learn any other regional language, then he/she can do it privately. What if I start demanding that Bengali must be offered by every board in India because of its rich literary value?

Remember, Hindi is just one of the 22 official languages of India.

Last edited:
No offense to anyone but I just wonder why Tamil and Telugu sound harsh on ear sometimes. Hindi / Urdu doesn't sound harsh on ear but when I see Tamil films the language has a very quick tone. Everything is spoken very quickly.

Poor children should have the regional language as a subject, poor children should also have English as a subject because it is the most wide-spread business language in the world as well as in India, and now you want the poor children to study a 3rd language in the school, are poor children supposed to learn only languages in schools or they need to learn other subjects also?
And I never could understand why some of you are hell bent on making everybody learn Hindi!!

Go ask the poor people what they really want?

Teaching them basic hindi with 20 as the passmark is a big issue is it?

u should actually go and see how they survive and ask them what they really want,instead of doing psycho analysis from your living room.

IMO that is the problem faced by people who are from the interior of TN. They never say they hate Hindi, many of them I met even wanted to learn bits and pieces of hindi when I used to be around. However the resistance is more from the guys from chennai. I never could understand what the deal is with them.

they are just foot soldiers of some pride politics,naukars.

Oh yeah..I have read about meat eating in Tamil literature. So brahmins wrote that too? :eek:

As I had stated self consolation is better cure.Carry on

thiruvalluvar says dont eat pulaal,or meat.

funny part is agathiyar is a non veg and thiruvalluvar & Ilangovadigal are veggies.

big deal,what r u fishing for?

I was saying Tholkappiar/Agathoyar are brahmins,which is true.

For everything same argument..try going outside blah blah...
Most of us here been outside TN, seen and experience various cultures. Stop your non-sense logic if you have nothing to counter.

i doubt if u have gone n lived outside,i have cousins from madras who talk like you and it is easy to figure out from your silly arguments.

What am saying is commonsense,u live like a frog inside the well.

The perception still is that,oh you are a tamil,how do u speak hindi?

Thats not fair,it is a silly stereotype for tamils,there are so many hardworking,sincere tamil people who dont deserve this stereotype built by lazy DK assholes.

Last edited:
Provide which language as part of the board? Only Hindi or all official regional languages of India? And if any subject is part of the board then schools have to keep teachers for that subject, how can a board conduct examination for a subject that they don't teach in schools? It's perfectly fine for regional boards to offer its regional language and English, if anybody wants to learn any other regional language, then he/she can do it privately. What if I start demanding that Bengali must be offered by every board in India because of its rich literary value?

Remember, Hindi is just one of the 22 official languages of India.
You can have all languages but it would be most appropriate to have Hindi as it is the majority language.

No, there is no need to have teachers for which exams are being conducted, people can take tutitions outside. If there is enough demand the schools themselves can keep teachers. That is how many people take up exam for French in CBSE.

You can demand all you want about Bengali but except for one or two states no other state speak Bengali and hence the use is severly diminished. Whereas Hindi can open up many states for him, and the student will have an advantage.

there's no concrete evidence that Puranic Agastya is the same Agastya of the late Tamil sangam era (7th BC)

You just pick this one from Wikipedia which has a tag [citation needed].
gigglesmile.gif
gigglesmile.gif

No offense to anyone but I just wonder why Tamil and Telugu sound harsh on ear sometimes. Hindi / Urdu doesn't sound harsh on ear but when I see Tamil films the language has a very quick tone. Everything is spoken very quickly.

May be you dont understand them... or may be you dont listen to them often..... Otherwise both are ok ....

Tamils are the only yendians I don't hate. Tamils don't look at me with those evil yendian eyes. Nice people actually, except the hindutva clowns on this forum.

Go ask the poor people what they really want?
Teaching them basic hindi with 20 as the passmark is a big issue is it?
u should actually go and see how they survive and ask them what they really want,instead of doing psycho analysis from your living room.

In my state they only ask for English other than Bengali. If any state in the federal structure of the democratic India doesn't want Hindi, then that decision should be respected, otherwise it may become a BIG issue.

And personally I am not in favor of imposing the burden 3 language papers on children along with so many other subjects, they are already overburdened.

the Agastya myth in Skanda Purana is an Aryan Brahmin invention !!!

What's this Aryan invention. :omghaha: BTW all Tamils have Northern ancestry from the so called Indo-Aryans proved by genetic studies, so spare me from this colonial bullshit of Aryan-Dravidian. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Tamils are the only yendians I don't hate. Tamils don't look at me with those evil yendian eyes. Nice people actually, except the hindutva clowns on this forum.
whats wrong with you,brother???no medicines today???

the Agastya myth in Skanda Purana is an Aryan Brahmin invention !!!
still hanging on fake '''Aryan-Dravidian' myth???

the thread is bull sghit! learning / speaking hindi or any other language cant be imposed on any one. at the same time no one can/will represent all chennaite/tamilians!

doubt if u have gone n lived outside,i have cousins from madras who talk like you and it is easy to figure out from your silly arguments.
What am saying is commonsense,u live like a frog inside the well.
The perception still is that,oh you are a tamil,how do u speak hindi?
Thats not fair,it is a silly stereotype for tamils,there are so many hardworking,sincere tamil people who dont deserve this stereotype built by lazy DK assholes.

and you call me DK asshole?
you don't even know who I am and you are assuming I never been outside TN.
According to your logic..this is what you are
Me: I'm a Hindu - you: Oh Brahmins are big

Me:I'm also from Tamil Nadu - you: Oh your Tamil is bad..what I talk is good Tamil.

Me:I'm from north of Tamil Nadu - you: Oh you north Tamil Nadu asshole. I live in south Tamil Nadu so we are great.

Now its clear who is that frog from well. First get off the stink from your *** hole before smelling mine.

Only few brahmins from Tamil Nadu are like you shameless moron. No one will support or even consider you as Tamil here.
ommale

What's this Aryan invention. :omghaha: BTW all Tamils have Northern ancestry from the so called Indo-Aryans proved by genetic studies, so spare me from this colonial bullshit of Aryan-Dravidian. :sarcastic::sarcastic:
Trying so hard with all fancy smileys and emotions.

Last edited:
upload_2014-3-24_13-3-54.jpeg

Hindi is not the National language of the country. If you can speak - good, if you can't fine. No big deal. As long as we have something to communicate with each other, we are good. For that even sign language is fine. Non Indians won't get this. Move on. :coffee:

@WebMaster - I think this thread has run its course, we are going in circles now.

Back
Top Bottom