What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

But there was United Pakistan still you lost east one .........
In India despite having so many differences not just in languages but in other aspects....STILL WE ARE ONE & UNITED INDIA....
Boss come to India once & travel across its length & breadth then you will realize our real strength(UNITY) is our Diversity yar....... This diversity gives you insight how you can preserve your own culture & live in harmony with other surrounding culture...
I know many of mine North indian friend became almost like in Tamil guy by wearing lungi/tikka eating idli most of the time...never miss the VANNAKAM....... HINDI TERI MAA..... TAMIL TERI YADEIN....

u trash hi

sure will visit again.

It is a choice given to the people of the country.

Not like Pakistan that slaughtered 3 million of its own people for speaking Bengali.

That freedom to choose is what makes us love Hindi. It is never imposed on us but those who learn, learn it out of our will.

MA07CITY-TEMPLE_1355770g.jpg

Signboards in languages other than Tamil and English appearing in the city were removed by Madurai Corporation on Wednesday, following protests by Tamil-lovers targeted at boards in Hindi.

The operation was launched in response to protest messages posted on the Facebook page of the Madurai Collector.

Collector Anshul Mishra on Tuesday directed the Corporation to remove the signboards erected by it.

The protestors objected to the use of Hindi on the signboards.

Madurai is the cradle of Tamil culture, they argued.

“We were not aware of the Hindi words printed on the retro-reflective signboards put up in two places. An over-enthusiastic contractor, who was awarded the work to put up signboards, had included the Hindi words without our knowledge,” Corporation City Engineer (in-charge) A. Madhuram said.

Commissioner R. Nanthagopal said he supervised the removal of the boards, put up on the Town Hall Road, showing the direction towards Sri Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple.

Responding to comments, Mr. Mishra clarified on the Facebook that he was here to serve the people of Tamil Nadu and not to promote his mother tongue.

But there was United Pakistan still you lost east one .........
In India despite having so many differences not just in languages but in other aspects....STILL WE ARE ONE & UNITED INDIA....
Boss come to India once & travel across its length & breadth then you will realize our real strength(UNITY) is our Diversity yar....... This diversity gives you insight how you can preserve your own culture & live in harmony with other surrounding culture...
I know many of mine North indian friend became almost like in Tamil guy by wearing lungi/tikka eating idli most of the time...never miss the VANNAKAM....... HINDI TERI MAA..... TAMIL TERI YADEIN....

@Spring Onion i think you are offended by the last line in bold...it means...... namaste ........do you know Hindi....dont know Tamil..in Tamil :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact this is less and less of an issue now.

Many Tamil friends of mine speak excellent Hindi. Especially those that go out of their state but also many who have always been in Tamilnadu.

And I agree, nobody should be forced to learn another language. Nobody in India is...

Malay, Javanese, Balinese and even Thai evolved from medieval Tamil Grantham of the royal courts (similar to Persian/Urdu/Hindustani usage by the Mughal courts) , which had Sanskrit influence , these languages didn't evolve from Sanskrit. The Sanskrit words in these languages are borrowed from Tamil Grantham and not Sanskrit

Grantham was the script used by Tamils to write Sanskrit. The South East Asian Temple architecture contains lots of inscriptions and quotation in Sanskrit.

:D there was never a United India only princely states so how can you have a national language

But there was a united Pushtunistan.

And will be. Again. ;)

Why r u letting off your random gas here?

Can show me a pic of that poster?

He is speaking out of his rear end. I have been to the airport. I know. ;)

1.Chennai is the new name of Madras. Have you ever been there by air? As you come out of the terminal the walls are all painted with that slogan. The walls are full of them.

2. Have you tried speaking in Hindi with a cab driver? He will ask you to get down. The waiter at the restaurant / club will not serve a man talking to him in Hindi. The Nalli or India Silk House salesman might show you the door. You may not get a ticket to enter the Fort St George Museum. Oh no! These Tamils just hate northerners and Brahmins.

You don't know anything about India.

Stop showing your pathetic ignorance about India just because we created your country and saved you from an ongoing genocide...

When you come out of the Chennai airport terminal you are greeted by a large poster announcing, No Hindi, Yes Tamil". In the shops restaurants or private clubs using is Hindi is taken as offensive. You got to use English which is understood to a reasonable extent.

Proves that you have never been to Chennai.

Manchu have 30% Han chinese halogroup 03, they looked just like chinese. Their ancestors wrote in Chinese, their flag is a chinese dragon, their houses look just like chinese. if what you read was a history book, don't you know they were invited to take beijing without a fight? That's another topic. In short, they became completely chinese.

I remember, it had something to do with a rebellion and they were invited

@joekrish @Rajaraja Chola why you no speak hindi?? :pissed: :P

:P Sir I did tried to speak with a auto driver when travelling and he was laughing looking at my face and he tried to tell me in his broken English that I should speak English with him NOT Hindi.

So I had to end up learning few tamil sentences to travel to my destination in Chennai.
when did u come to chennai?? :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
1.Chennai is the new name of Madras. Have you ever been there by air? As you come out of the terminal the walls are all painted with that slogan. The walls are full of them.

2. Have you tried speaking in Hindi with a cab driver? He will ask you to get down. The waiter at the restaurant / club will not serve a man talking to him in Hindi. The Nalli or India Silk House salesman might show you the door. You may not get a ticket to enter the Fort St George Museum. Oh no! These Tamils just hate northerners and Brahmins.

there are tamil brahmins too :cuckoo:

:cheers:

Yakeen kijiye aunty jee agher allah ne moka diya to Zaid Hamid khud jaye gha apne punjabi bhaio ko azad karane. Every punjabi shuld be free from oppresive goverment of Delhi.

Sure,koshish krlena.

Koi nahi rokha tumhein.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom