What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Definitely not true. It's only through 60+ years of promotion by the Government's language policies that Urdu/Hindi are today understood by a majority of Indians and Pakistanis. Also explains why so many Bangladeshis do not understand Urdu/Hindi.

Urdu was selected to be the national language because the majority of Pakistan's administrator's immediately after independence came from UP (they were the ones most interested in the creation of Pakistan too). Also, learning it would need equal effort from all Pakistanis and hence this was seen as a good unifying factor.

:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :omghaha:
Dude dont make stuff up-- :haha:

:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :omghaha:
Dude dont make stuff up-- :haha:

I'm not making stuff up. Persian was the state language of Mughals and the British changed it to English later on. Urdu was the state language of Oudh alone. So, how do you propose Punjabis, Sindhis, Balochis and Pathans wouldv'e learnt Urdu by 1947 if nobody spoke it and if Urdu wasn't taught in their schools?? Knowledge of Persian and existence of common Sanskrit loanwords in Sindhi and Punjabi was the reason some could comprehend Urdu in today's Pakistan in 1947.

I'm not making stuff up. Persian was the state language of Mughals and the British changed it to English later on. Urdu was the state language of Oudh alone. So, how do you propose Punjabis, Sindhis, Balochis and Pathans wouldv'e learnt Urdu by 1947 if nobody spoke it and if Urdu wasn't taught in their schools?? Knowledge of Persian and existence of common Sanskrit loanwords in Sindhi and Punjabi was the reason some could comprehend Urdu in today's Pakistan in 1947.

You know nothing about sub continental history..
Stop talking $hit like you do...

Indian class XII text book insults Anti Hindi , Tamil student agitation

TH09_ANTI_HINDI_CA_1107915f.jpg

This is the level of your knowledge in Urdu. :omghaha::omghaha: Tu Punjabi hi bola kar. :lol:

eh? it seem you doesnt even know hindi let alone urdu

Yakeen janiye agher allah ne moka diya to sab indians ko urdu sikhao gha :cheers:

You know nothing about sub continental history..
Stop talking $hit like you do...

You didn't answer my question. I take it you don't know the answer. And there's no reason to get worked up for no reason. From my interaction with you, I can safely say you know much less than me about our subcontinent. Good day.

Sanskrit was spoken by much of the populace of the Gangetic belt between 3rd century bc to 4-5th century AD before local/regional versions sprang up everywhere, known as Prakrits. I suggest you read more about Sanskrit before arriving at such hasty conclusions. Btw, I say this only to support the point that the regions of modern India also contributed to it's development immensely. :)

And why will the British introduce Urdu?? It was actually the court language of the nawabs of Oudh, who mixed Persian with the local Khadiboli dialect of Hindustani to create Urdu. Thus, Urdu is a language of today's Uttar Pradesh, not Punjab or Sindh. Hence I also say that Pakistan's National Language is also foreign to it.

Simple google search will give you answer why they introduced urdu after conquering punjab. It didnt come with muhajirs who manly lived in Karachi.

www.global.ucsb.edu/punjab/14.1_Rahman.pdf

:cheers:

Punjabi & sanskrit are our languages so urdu isnt completly foreign as is the case with hindi.

Hindi isnt based out of Sanskirt. It's based out of a language in N. India. Yeah, some sort of proto-Sanskrit came from Pak-Afghan region, but much of it was formed in modern India as well.

Now, why do you care so much about foreign? Your script, religion, architecture, etc, etc, etc. in Pakistan can be considered foreign.

Simple google search will give you answer why they introduced urdu after conquering punjab. It didnt come with muhajirs who manly lived in Karachi.

Thanks for the link. I did not know about this development. But was this only restricted to official government work and in Punjab alone?

Hindi isnt based out of Sanskirt. It's based out of a language in N. India. Yeah, some sort of proto-Sanskrit came from Pak-Afghan region, but much of it was formed in modern India as well.

Hindi is based on Khariboli, Khariboli originated in 9-10th century. After the invaders came Khariboli started to take Persian and Arabic nouns as loanwords, now the English loanwords.

Khariboli dialect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eh? it seem you doesnt even know hindi let alone urdu

Yakeen janiye agher allah ne moka diya to sab indians ko urdu sikhao gha :cheers:

Your Urdu is extremely terrible. :woot:

Yes, yes, Im aware.

Pakistanis mainly believe Urdu was brought to India from Central Asia. :omghaha::omghaha: This guy Shan mentioned a theory about origin of Urdu from Punjabi and nowhere the article mentioned about Khariboli. :lol:

Don't don't be surprised about the weird theories about Urdu coming from Pakistan. :smart:

Everyone loves their mother tongue. Tamils are the same, but what I have seen Tamils think Tamil is superior language than other languages. They say a lot of reasons for that. But Tamil is just one language, they do not need to fear to learn their country's main official language Hindi.

Tamil is bit noisy language but Hindi is sweet to ears!

Tamil is an ancient language with a written literature going back to thousands of years! It is one of of the very few classical languages that are still alive and flourishing.

Back
Top Bottom