What's new

Why can't there be an IT and BPO boom in pakistan ?

I only pray to god that this foolish IT outsourcing industry and BPO boom never comes to Pakistan.
Its an immense waste of national talent and youth.
Do you want to see your genious youth become answering machines, data entry typist and generallty taking over the "white man's" dirty jobs.

Nobody wants to do these talentless "slave" jobs in USA and rest of civilized world hence they are outsourced to poorer countries like India. I call it slave jobs because that is what the job of a person employed at such position it..sitting in a miniscule cubile enter data or answering phones. No growth, no future, no innovation no consumption of talent.

Even the Indians now repent about giving free hand to western outsourcing industry which has not resulted in creation of any valuable technology pool or ToT but only transformed people with master degree into white man labor.

kyun pet pe laat maar rahe ho sir:cry:. I`ve just started business of BPO for US & Aus. base companies & you are just making it like it`s a not to do thing.:undecided:

I only pray to god that this foolish IT outsourcing industry and BPO boom never comes to Pakistan.
Do you want to see your genious youth become answering machines, data entry typist and generallty taking over the "white man's" dirty jobs.

Nobody wants to do these talentless "slave" jobs in USA and rest of civilized world hence they are outsourced to poorer countries like India. I call it slave jobs because that is what the job of a person employed at such position it..sitting in a miniscule cubile enter data or answering phones. No growth, no future, no innovation no consumption of talent.

Even the Indians now repent about giving free hand to western outsourcing industry which has not resulted in creation of any valuable technology pool or ToT but only transformed people with master degree into white man labor.

Working in any IT field is most of the times slave labor. But I too think if you're to grow in IT, you need to grow in things that have a future. India has done BPO, slim chances that Pakistan will get a big enough piece of the pie too. However if we focused upon being solution providers, the business will come.

Working in any IT field is most of the times slave labor. But I too think if you're to grow in IT, you need to grow in things that have a future. India has done BPO, slim chances that Pakistan will get a big enough piece of the pie too. However if we focused upon being solution providers, the business will come.

picking up calls and outsourcing is just little part of IT....you are totally unaware of Indian IT Industry...

Pakistan will never boom in IT and BPO till the world considers it as a hub of IT (International Terrorism) and BPO (Bomb Planting Organizations)

Take off your blinders my friend. We are in 21st century. You are wrong that nobody wants to do these slave jobs. With unemployment so high in US, they would be glad if they could have these jobs.

Take off your blinders my friend. We are in 21st century. You are wrong that nobody wants to do these slave jobs. With unemployment so high in US, they would be glad if they could have these jobs.

anyone watches "Outsourced " sitcom ??

Reading through the 4 pages, I am surprised how unaware a lot Pakistani posters are.

Please visit PSEB for details.
kindly go through the yearly revenue figures which Pakistani IT sector has generated.

Since, this was my profession for a good 9 years, I doubt people will find it easy to correct me.

The basis of IT business has been shaken in Pakistan due to the security situation and power costs.
We have had to shift staff to Dubai, because it is cheaper to run business there because of Power cost, and low insurance and disaster recovery setups
because of better security situation.

People did invest in business in Pakistan, as I have said before too.
many Pakistanis settled in USA / Europe sent home considerable Outsourced development and BPO business.
Many silicon valley setups had back offices in Pakistan ( pay attention to HAD).
due to the economic, political and security situation most of those businesses have sold out, or closed shop.( visit the pasha website).

As of now, there is a lot of trained staff available in Pakistan. Most of which is sending home a lot of foreign exchange.
In my batch there were 60 of us. 2 are in ME and 2 in Pakistan. Rest 56 are in europe / USA.

to the thread starter:

How much IT intellectual does Indian companies own ?

think before you answer. I have some 25 year + experience Indian colleagues with me who have other ideas.

'Pak companies can learn a lot from Indian counterparts'

thumb.cms

TOI in conversation with Amin Hashwani, director, Hashwani Group of Companies, Pakistan.

What is the state of IT sector in Pakistan? How is IT consumption moving in personal computers, internet penetration or software absorption?

Pakistan's IT sector is dynamic, innovative and is still growing at around 25 per cent annually. IT consumption in banking, pharmaceuticals, insurance, telecoms, education and healthcare is strong but internet penetration is about 20 million against 100 million telecom users.

Is there a strong presence of infotech MNCs in Pakistan?

All major IT multinationals have been in Pakistan for the past few decades — IBM, Oracle, Cisco, Microsoft, Terradata, Intel and HP are the well-settled players. Google's the latest addition,which happened last year.

Are women part of the country's IT advancement?

Women account for about 15 per cent of Pakistan's IT force. However, they are making a significant contribution. Pakistan's IT Association is headed by a woman. A large number of project managers are women. Many user experience and quality assurance managers are also women.

Can Pakistan gain from India?

There is much to learn from Indian IT in terms of scaling, in terms of branding and in terms of fund raising as well.

Aman ki Asha - The Times of India

IT training of youth can be the starting point

thumb.cms

PUNE: The current level of trade between India and Pakistan at $ 2 billion can quadruple if trade, investments and joint ventures are allowed to freely take place, says a joint declaration by the information technology committee formed as part of Aman ki Asha. "If this were to happen we foresee the possibility of generating business up to $ 5 billion in the IT sector," says the declaration made by the committee of representatives of mostly IT businesses.

Aman ki Asha, an initiative by The Times of India and Pakistan's Jang Group, was started last year.

The declaration was the culmination of an exchange of thoughts on ways to synergise strengths of India and Pakistan. The deliberations also focused on the participation of the younger generation of both nations. The two countries can work together to impart training to youth of Pakistan in different fields of industrial activity and enhance their skills to make them employable, it was felt. Private companies with educational institutions in India and Pakistan can facilitate such training, it was said.

Salim Ghauri, president of Pakistan’t NetSol Technologies, said Indian companies can help Pakistani IT companies with development of new tools necessary to handle the challenges of newer projects. "Pakistan’s IT players have established capabilities of their own but upgrading these capabilities by sending people abroad — especially to the US — is expensive," Ghauri said, adding that Indian IT players can share their expertise with their Pakistani counterparts.

Ghauri said world markets have confidence in Pakistani IT companies but they are limited by lack of trained manpower. "We should create mechanisms with Indian companies where we can outsource the business we win globally," he said.

President of Infotech, Pakistan, Naseer Akhtar, suggested that direct deals between Indian and Pakistani companies may not be possible at present but overseas arms of companies from either side can collaborate to deliver work jointly.

Uma Ganesh, founder and CEO of Pune-based skills training company Global Talent Track, proposed a pilot project for a group of students to train them in select skills. This has been tried out in China and there is no reason why it should not work in Pakistan, said Ganesh.

"We can jointly address markets in the Middle East. Pakistan’s strong product ecosystem, coupled with world class services and product companies in India, can translate into a fruitful partnership," said Jehan Ara, president, Pakistan Software Houses Association.

to the thread starter:

think before you answer. I have some 25 year + experience Indian colleagues with me who have other ideas.

We started as manpower suppliers, and moved on to become outsourcing vendors. The last 10 years it has been about building scale. IP creation was never focus of the big Indian IT cos(all of them are service companies), as they are risk averse from the beginning.

I agree that there are very few made in India products in the market. The reason is people dont want to take risk, and even if one makes a product, it is difficult for Indian co. to sell in the main market (US).

Foreign companies who have set shops in India do not have such problem.

to the thread starter:

India do have IT intellectuals, and are respected world wide. Do a google and u will find. I haven't started this thread to make any sort of comparision of what India has and Pakistan dont. What I really want here to discuss is that how come IT can boom again in Pakistan.

IT training of youth can be the starting point

thumb.cms

PUNE: The current level of trade between India and Pakistan at $ 2 billion can quadruple if trade, investments and joint ventures are allowed to freely take place, says a joint declaration by the information technology committee formed as part of Aman ki Asha. "If this were to happen we foresee the possibility of generating business up to $ 5 billion in the IT sector," says the declaration made by the committee of representatives of mostly IT businesses.

Aman ki Asha, an initiative by The Times of India and Pakistan's Jang Group, was started last year.

The declaration was the culmination of an exchange of thoughts on ways to synergise strengths of India and Pakistan. The deliberations also focused on the participation of the younger generation of both nations. The two countries can work together to impart training to youth of Pakistan in different fields of industrial activity and enhance their skills to make them employable, it was felt. Private companies with educational institutions in India and Pakistan can facilitate such training, it was said.

Salim Ghauri, president of Pakistan’t NetSol Technologies, said Indian companies can help Pakistani IT companies with development of new tools necessary to handle the challenges of newer projects. "Pakistan’s IT players have established capabilities of their own but upgrading these capabilities by sending people abroad — especially to the US — is expensive," Ghauri said, adding that Indian IT players can share their expertise with their Pakistani counterparts.

Ghauri said world markets have confidence in Pakistani IT companies but they are limited by lack of trained manpower. "We should create mechanisms with Indian companies where we can outsource the business we win globally," he said.

President of Infotech, Pakistan, Naseer Akhtar, suggested that direct deals between Indian and Pakistani companies may not be possible at present but overseas arms of companies from either side can collaborate to deliver work jointly.

Uma Ganesh, founder and CEO of Pune-based skills training company Global Talent Track, proposed a pilot project for a group of students to train them in select skills. This has been tried out in China and there is no reason why it should not work in Pakistan, said Ganesh.

"We can jointly address markets in the Middle East. Pakistan’s strong product ecosystem, coupled with world class services and product companies in India, can translate into a fruitful partnership," said Jehan Ara, president, Pakistan Software Houses Association.

We do not need any help from india. Our IT people has enough talents. we just need to capture market.

our IT export might be $10 billion by 2020. :azn:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/104474-pakistans-exports-may-grow-10b-2020-a.html

Back
Top Bottom