What's new

Why can't there be an IT and BPO boom in pakistan ?

If someone turns on a aircondition , in Krachi whole neighbourhood goes down in darkness - infrastructure needs overhaul ....

Hello Fauj, thankyou for the observation. I am aware its actually not out of context but you mean to add previous and the next verse to make sense out of it.
I can but this is not the thread to talk about it, the verse in itself is self explanatory it won't making anyone misunderstand it.
Ok back to thread topic.

Pakistan will never boom in IT and BPO till the world considers it as a hub of IT (International Terrorism) and BPO (Bomb Planting Organizations)

It is sort of chicken and egg problem.

Pakistan doesn't get tech outsourcing because it is outsourcing Taliboobs.

Or

Pakistan didn't get tech outsourcing so it ended it up being known ONLY for the Taliboobs.

Let me give you another example.

Bombay would be known ONLY for its slums if it didn't have film industry.

However it has film industry, so people do gloss over (mostly) its poverty stricken slums or end up making a movie about them.

Bottom line is that countries or regions can have poverty and crime and still be known for the better things they offer.

Another example!

Someone asks you about Brazil's "reputation". Your mind will immediately be filled with images of bikini clad amazon women, the beaches, and the what not.

However if you land in Rio, from the airplane you can start seeing shanty towns that are 1000 times worse than Karachi or Bombay.

Pakistan too could have a nice reputation had we kept at least one city aka Karachi as friendly to the Western tourists.

Then we would have had a good story to balance off the bad Taliboob stories.

The reason why I want to say this is to not to minimize Taliboobi despicable role in Pak and abroad. No Sir. Not at all.

It is just that we don't have to clean up the WHOLE of Pakistan to see the good results. We can easily start with just a port city like Karachi and get back into the global trade game.

Thanks.

p.s. In my post #7 I have pointed out to 3 main factors hampering Pakistan's contribution in high tech outsourcing. check it out.

picking up calls and outsourcing is just little part of IT....you are totally unaware of Indian IT Industry...

Where did I say Indian IT industry is picking up calls and outsourcing only?

BPO is BPO, there is no massive science behind it. India is however doing well in other areas as well.

Bombay would be known ONLY for its slums if it didn't have film industry.

However it has film industry, so people do gloss over (mostly) its poverty stricken slums or end up making a movie about them.

Wont agree totally. Bombay or Mumbai as it is now known as is the financial capital of India apart from being home to Bollywood and Dharavi. The world knows and recognizes Mumbai as a financial hub and not only bollywood and slums.

Bottom line is that countries or regions can have poverty and crime and still be known for the better things they offer.

Completely agree on this point.

Pakistan too could have a nice reputation had we kept at least one city aka Karachi as friendly to the Western tourists.

It is just that we don't have to clean up the WHOLE of Pakistan to see the good results. We can easily start with just a port city like Karachi and get back into the global trade game.

I think it ultimately boils down to good PR and Media management. You are what you project you are.

p.s. In my post #7 I have pointed out to 3 main factors hampering Pakistan's contribution in high tech outsourcing. check it out.

I read your post# 7 and agree to it.

I think it ultimately boils down to good PR and Media management. You are what you project you are.

Absolutely!

It is not to different from the question we all get asked

-- Baita burray ho ker kiya bano gay? :)

Just like individuals, other entities like nations and countries too strive to project themselves in certain way.

Thanks.

p.s. IN my earlier post, didn't mean to omit Bombay's other characteristics such as financial sector, or diamond cutting sector etc. Bollywood was used as a quick but contrasting example to slums. Rio has much worse slums though. You gotta see it to believe it.

All counties do not have talents. We have everything ready. Read the news. We need to grab the market.
Genius !
Before commenting atleast look a page back .

Ppl know abt grabbing market and are already discussing abt it .
And keep u r anti indian agenda aside

Back
Top Bottom