What's new

Why are we so backward?

Dont play about with words!......isreal is a jewish state and they admit it.

I've worked with MANY Jews. 30-40 would be a small number. Kohns and Kohens and who not. I did not even know that some of them are Jews until they practiced Rosh Hashanah and invited me for a dinner or something. Most Jews aren't religious. But they care about Jews as a COMMUNITY. As in they don't care about whether or not you believe in their religion. They care about whether or not you have Jewish ancestry.

About me being weak-minded, I honestly don't care what you think of me. I don't believe in fairy tales and religious BS and if that makes me "weak-minded" so be it. But, by scientific standards, belief does not equate to strength of mind. In most cases, the contrary is true.

I am not even going to convince you about how wrong you are about many other things, simply because I don't think that you are smart enough to understand my statements anyway.

Oh look, this thread is back (e.g. see above post). This gives me a good opportunity to discuss the "Build-Operate-Transfer" method to develop modern infrastructure.

China to build refinery in Egypt

"China to build refinery in Egypt
Mon, 03 May 2010 12:34:04 GMT

Cairo and Beijing have inked an agreement under which two Chinese companies will construct a 2-billion-dollar refinery, says Egypt's Oil Ministry.

The refinery would have an initial capacity of 15 million tons per year, to be expanded by another 15 million tons in the second phase of the project, the Associated Press reported.

According to the report, no date has been set for the beginning of the project.

Chinese firms, Rongsheng Holding Group and National Chemical Engineering Co. Ltd., would retain ownership of the plant for 25 years.

The new plant will produce refined products for the domestic market as well as export to China."

Build-Operate-Transfer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) is a form of project financing, wherein a private entity receives a concession from the private or public sector to finance, design, construct, and operate a facility stated in the concession contract. This enables the project proponent to recover its investment, operating and maintenance expenses in the project."

I remember saying that industrialization takes time and China has been industrializing for thirty years. Here is a Harvard University professor who says that industrialization "is a long, painful process that can take 75 years or more to complete."

The Euro is a success; Free lunch yet to be invented

"Economic development takes time.

Kenneth Rogoff, Harvard University professor and author of ‘This Time is Different’ wrote in the Financial Times this week:"A recurring theme of my academic research with Carmen Reinhart is that “graduation” from emerging market status is a long, painful process that can take 75 years or more to complete. Twenty years without, say, a sovereign debt crisis is significant, but hardly enough definitively to declare a country a “graduate”. Greece resolved its last sovereign default only in the mid-1960s and Portugal had an International Monetary Fund programme as recently as 1984. (Spain’s modern history is much better, despite holding the record – more than 12 – for most independent sovereign default episodes.)"

The common feature of the embattled economies, including Ireland is they have been very badly misgoverned and they are in need of fundamental reform."

I think the problem is due to extreme yet superficial devotion towards the muslim religion is the main reason for pakistan's backwardness.

Illiteracy,bad governance,wide spread terrorism are some other reasons.

Because we are uneducated. Note, i mean uneducated and not illiterate. One may have a degree in engineering, but that doesn't mean we are educated. Also we have this horrible habit of looking at the past instead of looking towards the future.

Because we are uneducated. Note, i mean uneducated and not illiterate. One may have a degree in engineering, but that doesn't mean we are educated. Also we have this horrible habit of looking at the past instead of looking towards the future.

Whom are you talking about?India or Pakistan?:blink:

Whom are you talking about?India or Pakistan?:blink:

both actually... i read ur post well dear ur comment are also of extremist... but so called secular extremist... now if one says that religion is a personal matter then why the hell it is being discussed here... why you so called secularist accusing others for their religious beleives and their affiliation with their religion... as i take it if one person is secular he has nothing to do with others personal matters and that includes religion... one more thing pakistan need to get rid of extremist both secular and religious extremist... and last please i have said it in my many post to indians that please first check out stats and then comment... india also has poverty infact more than 500 million poor... so what is the reason for that??? what now you will say..?? affiliation with religion??? well if secularism is the base of development then why india has the biggest poverty in the world???? think about it....

We are extremists because we have forgotten one of the most emphasized virtues in Islam, patience. I know Pakistani_Athiest may not be right about everything but calling him weak minded and dumb is not the way to argue with him. This is exactly whats wrong with these terrorists that they think "Oh so he doesn't agree with us, he is a kafir so lets blow him up". Islam teaches us to respect other religions and their followers, our ancestors impressed people into embracing Islam by virtue of their good behavior, not by force. Muslim armies were told never to attack first even during a war and the aggressor was deemed Cruel and inhuman by our Prophet (S.W) . Killing one Human Being (Not a Muslim only) is defined as killing all humanity in the Holy Quran. We are backward because we have modified the understanding of the Holy Quran to our liking and we try to be Muslims when we are not even human being. Like i have said before, carrying a beard, wearing shalwar kameez and even praying five times a day does not make us good Muslims because Islam tell us that "a good Muslim is the one who does not harm others with his hands or his tongue".

We are extremists because we have forgotten one of the most emphasized virtues in Islam, patience. I know Pakistani_Athiest may not be right about everything but calling him weak minded and dumb is not the way to argue with him. This is exactly whats wrong with these terrorists that they think "Oh so he doesn't agree with us, he is a kafir so lets blow him up". Islam teaches us to respect other religions and their followers, our ancestors impressed people into embracing Islam by virtue of their good behavior, not by force. Muslim armies were told never to attack first even during a war and the aggressor was deemed Cruel and inhuman by our Prophet (S.W) . Killing one Human Being (Not a Muslim only) is defined as killing all humanity in the Holy Quran. We are backward because we have modified the understanding of the Holy Quran to our liking and we try to be Muslims when we are not even human being. Like i have said before, carrying a beard, wearing shalwar kameez and even praying five times a day does not make us good Muslims because Islam tell us that "a good Muslim is the one who does not harm others with his hands or his tongue".

I think many members tried to point this out before,and so is the idea among many non-Muslim people.When it is said that religion is the fueling factor behind Islamic terrorism,it is the misinterpretation of the religion which is blamed,not the religion itself.Islam happens to be a great religion.
It is a common misunderstanding among non-Muslim folks who think that Islam is a religion that promotes aggression and violence.Well,the terrorists have contributed their fullest to build this kind of image in people's mind.
But we need to understand that the religion stands for peace.
As a matter of fact,the word "Islam" is derived from the Arabic word "Salema",which stands for peace,purity,submission and obidience.

The tainted version of Islam is propagated by many self-styled mullahs,the Islamic terrorists being their champion.They must be dealt with iron hands.

Ausgezeichnete diskussion! :)

I am really impressed and applaud the efforts of all the members on this thread for starting the most sensible discussion associated with your country Pakistan, here. This thread has shown some of the most realistic problems of Pakistan as a country, some of the most pragmatic minds that realize the threats their country faces, and the most mature set of posts that I have ever come across in the entire forum as a non-Pakistani and a non-Asian.

Infact, I am surprised why all the Pakistani members of this forum don't participate in this discussion as some of them have taken the initiative to do so. This thread deals with the main problems that your country faces:

Obsession with religion.

The modern, educated class of Pakistani citizens must understand that religion is an extremely personal matter between an individual and God. Most of the time what the banner-holders of religion seem to protect is nothing more than a custom that is common among the followers of a religion. For instance, I might get incensed if someone desecrates a Hindu place of worship as much as you would if someone ravages a mosque. This is not religious obsession but sentiments for a set of customs that our ancestors (or us ourselves in some cases) have chosen for our families.

But to bring religion into a military discussion between two countries' capabilities, to bring religion in the middle of an economic thread, is what is classified as obsession with religion. This has to go away. There are places that are associated with something called "faith of land", particularly religions of the East. This is more or less an international trademark and has nothing to do with intolerance towards alien faiths and is more of a cultural mark that the citizens of that country must be proud of.

However, coming back to the topic I would like to specifically request all Pakistanis to engage in a progressive, broadminded and practical discussion as this one that opens new venues for exploration on how to rid your society of the evils that plague it.

Setzen sie diese ausgezeichnete Debatte fort. Bravo! :)

Back
Top Bottom