What's new

Why Are We Sending This Attack Helicopter to Pakistan?

Burn Haqqani Burn!

Your masters are paying you well but your influence is not upto their expectations.

You were a nanny to Zardari's kids. A person of your IQ doesn't deserves any better!

Hi,

I agree somewhat with what you are saying---but the U S cannot influence Pakistan as it did before. Pak military would prefer U S weapon systems over others---. The ultimate control has been lost---that was stupid---totally totally brainless.

The U S should have thought beforehand---what would it gain by bashing Pakistan over Osama issue---what would it get out of it----what were the gains---nothing---nothing---nothing---and the only thing that comes out is that---Barak Obama had many other problems and he wanted to divert the nations attention for his personal gains.

Other than that---name one thing that the world has been able to do to Pakistan.
sir Americans through multiple sources have confirmed that Pakistani state (read militayr/ ISI & civilian administration) was not hiding Osama Bin laden so the blame or criticsm is only the lapse NOT some sort of collusion or double game as originally suggested and coined by some evangelist analyists who took birth on that fateful day of the raid and died eventually when there was not much in the story (about Pakistan backstabing or deciving Americans).

coming back to the story/ thread

I have no problem with Haqqani network becoming voice of India now. Such an articulate and intelligent person but it seems he didn’t proof read his article himself.

On one hand he blames Pakistan army for not taking on Jihadis and then he “fears” that this US military equipment will be only used domestically. (dah the TTP are a domestic issue and they are Jihadis NO?).

And when he resents the use of this equipment domestically he takes another turn and mourns that the equipment will be used against India (double dah, India is not a domestic foe).

To put it midly, Haqqani belongs to that network who is projecting and propagating the greater Balochistan concept which not only affects the boundaries of Pakistan but equally hated Iran as well. So Chinese investment is seen as a threat (to NeoCON/ Haqqani network) because it brings prosperity and stability in the province and reduces the stranglehold of the sardars who milk the center don’t allow any development projects, harass and scare away doctors and teachers and then go back to their areas and continue to bitch and moan about unfair treatment of “THEIR” people.

Haqqani is basically whining about the possible use of these gunships against BLA terrorists or deployment against the Indians when they stage another showdown along the borders (one is long overdue now).

PS: I have plagiarised the word haqqani network term for Hussain Haqqani because I liked it when ti was used by someone on one of the talkshows saying that HE is the real concern for Pakistan and has done his best to harm us and put a spanner in our relations with America before/ during and after (his post as Pakistani Ambassador for USA)

Last edited:
sir Americans through multiple sources have confirmed that Pakistani state (read militayr/ ISI & civilian administration) was not hiding Osama Bin laden so the blame or criticsm is only the lapse NOT some sort of collusion or double game as originally suggested and coined by some evangelist analyists who took birth on that fateful day of the raid and died eventually when there was not much in the story (about Pakistan backstabing or deciving Americans).

coming back to the story/ thread)

Hi,

The Americas did not do enough to dispel those rumors---they should have done more---. Not doing more is tantamount to being part of the ploy to blame Pakistan---they just let it ride and let Pakistan be pummelled in front of the world.

So---Pres Obama and his team are equally guilty of blaming Pakistan of hiding Osama.

Syed Ali---I am giving you insider information---Pakistan military is done with the US drama. They will go to the U S---americans will come to Pakistan---we will still share issues---concerns and problems and help to sort them out---we will slap each others back---but that lovey dovey relationship---where the u s generals would like to come to Pakistan to go hunting with their counterpart Pakistani generals is over---.

The U S desperately needs Pakistan to control isis in Afghanistan and surrounding areas.

It was the U S that wanted Pakistan to take the lead role in Yemen---was a big shock and disappointment to the U S.

Syed---has it ever happened to you that you have been in love with a beautiful girl and are available to her every whim and desire---but then one day---the euphoria wears out and she becomes another ordinary person.

The Pakistani military euphoria has worn off----now it is to more practical approach.

Now as for Mr. Haqqani-----that was a brainless article---.

If you have better weapons---you can fight the insurgency better---. If the U S don't sell---there are two other sellers---. One has aleady DONATED 3 choppers for field evaluation.

so i guess Pakistani People should have same hate for this man as they have for AH :D

US warns Pakistan over release of Lakhvi - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

On one hand they give warnings and on another they sanction arms deals :disagree:

“That’s what we’ve got to consider. I’m not trying to say that there necessarily will be a particular step.”
He agreed with a suggestion that the US administration was still trying to decide what steps to take.

I would like this deal to actually go through and see the reaction

Still great use if India will attack expect they should expect respond
With puny 1 Billion imports? Come on yaar.... We are importing 10 times more for one single yeat!

Importing is bad... But it gives no advantage to Pakistan as we are in the same boat!

Pakistan Will End Up Using US Weapons Against India, Not Jihadists, Says Hussain Haqqani

and the result will be same. History repeats itself, same military aid, same denial... lol

A nobody this man is , yet i am posting. (Oh my apologies if its a repeat thread, didnt find the duplicate while browsing though).
Need to dunk this haqqani man in where he belongs. some stormwater drain.

Ex-envoy opposes US arms for Pakistan to fight extremism - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

NEW YORK: Hussain Haqqani, Pakistan’s former ambassador to the United States, has strongly opposed the use of American military aid to fight extremists in Pakistan and said instead it will fuel conflict in South Asia.

The Obama administration announced this month to sell almost $1 billion worth of attack helicopters, missiles and other equipment to Pakistan.

Read: US, Pakistan must ‘divorce’ as allies: Husain Haqqani

Mr Haqqani said that: “Pakistan’s failure to tackle its jihadist challenge is not the result of a lack of arms but reflects an absence of will.

He said: “With nuclear weapons, Pakistan no longer has any reason to feel insecure about being overrun by a larger Indian conventional force.

For the US to continue supplying a Pakistani military that is much larger than the country can afford, will only invigorate Pakistani militancy and militarism at the expense of its 200 million people, one-third of whom continue to live at less than a dollar a day per household.”

Also read: Husain Haqqani resigns, ready to face inquiry

The former ambassador said that unless Pakistan changes its worldview, American weapons will end up being used to fight or menace India and perceived domestic enemies instead of being deployed against jihadists.

“Competition with India remains the overriding consideration in Pakistan’s foreign and domestic policies. By aiding Pakistan over the years—some $40 billion since 1950, according to the Congressional Research Service—the US has fed Pakistan’s delusion of being India’s regional military equal.

Seeking security against a much larger neighbour is a rational objective but seeking parity with it on a constant basis is not.

Instead of selling more military equipment to Pakistan, Mr Haqqani said, US officials should convince Pakistan that its ambitions of rivaling India are akin to Belgium trying to rival France or Germany.

Appointed by Zardari...

What can you expect from him???

Because I think the emphasis - at least until the latest COAS took over - was on control or containment.
The previous COAS had a different method, a slower and more passive one - but his goal was surely the same.
You don't provide any evidence. Everyone has the right to their own opinion but not their own facts.
Are you seriously arguing over whether or not the Chechens are or were supported by the US? Come on already, the whole world knows it. But fine, don't take my word for it.
John Laughland: The Chechens' American friends | US news | The Guardian
Even if you somehow manage to dismiss these facts, as you habitually do, it doesn't matter because my argument doesn't depend on it - this just one example out of many, many more.
Ha. The BBC has the absolute worst headline policy: they're allowed to lie in the headlines as long as there's some sort of disclaimer in the article itself.
Then how about you read the articles and quote such a 'disclaimer'? Mr. James Dobbins didn't add any 'disclaimer' to his words, the BBC headline is irrelevant.

Shuja Nawaz quotes General Qazi as describing the finding the Kashmir jihad had been "privatized" when he took over the ISI in 1993. (page 468, Crossed Swords.)
I have read that book.

Here's what Shuja Nawaz says, apparently paraphrasing General Qazi: ''The Jihad in Kashmir had been 'privatized'; handed over to freelancers who gave a bad name to Pakistan.''

There is nothing in there to suggest that the ISI itself did any 'freelancing' or assassinations - instead that they negligently allowed these 'freelancers' to take questionable actions in Kashmir.

Kindly refrain from distorting sources' words, it makes an argument worthless.
Everyone has the right to their own opinion but not their own facts.
Sure. Both he and Hafiz Saeed compete when it comes to ambulance service.
Right, so he runs an ambulance service and must be a terrorist. What a pathetic and bigoted way of thinking.
Kind of a microcosm of Pakistan's identity crisis right there, yes?
No.

Last edited:
A nobody this man is , yet i am posting. (Oh my apologies if its a repeat thread, didnt find the duplicate while browsing though).
Need to dunk this haqqani man in where he belongs. some stormwater drain.

Ex-envoy opposes US arms for Pakistan to fight extremism - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

NEW YORK: Hussain Haqqani, Pakistan’s former ambassador to the United States, has strongly opposed the use of American military aid to fight extremists in Pakistan and said instead it will fuel conflict in South Asia.

The Obama administration announced this month to sell almost $1 billion worth of attack helicopters, missiles and other equipment to Pakistan.

Read: US, Pakistan must ‘divorce’ as allies: Husain Haqqani

Mr Haqqani said that: “Pakistan’s failure to tackle its jihadist challenge is not the result of a lack of arms but reflects an absence of will.

He said: “With nuclear weapons, Pakistan no longer has any reason to feel insecure about being overrun by a larger Indian conventional force.

For the US to continue supplying a Pakistani military that is much larger than the country can afford, will only invigorate Pakistani militancy and militarism at the expense of its 200 million people, one-third of whom continue to live at less than a dollar a day per household.”

Also read: Husain Haqqani resigns, ready to face inquiry

The former ambassador said that unless Pakistan changes its worldview, American weapons will end up being used to fight or menace India and perceived domestic enemies instead of being deployed against jihadists.

“Competition with India remains the overriding consideration in Pakistan’s foreign and domestic policies. By aiding Pakistan over the years—some $40 billion since 1950, according to the Congressional Research Service—the US has fed Pakistan’s delusion of being India’s regional military equal.

Seeking security against a much larger neighbour is a rational objective but seeking parity with it on a constant basis is not.

Instead of selling more military equipment to Pakistan, Mr Haqqani said, US officials should convince Pakistan that its ambitions of rivaling India are akin to Belgium trying to rival France or Germany.

He is telling the truth. Of course Pakistani army does not want to hear it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom