What's new

Why are dogs paleet in our culture?

Raja420

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I love dogs. After the horse, it is man's best friend IMHO.
One day I was walking my German shepherd and my neighbors dog came running towards me and I think it was gonna bite me with the way it was charging towards me but my little German shepherd who was only 7 months old stood there like a rock infront of a bigger dog and protected me. I have loved dogs ever since. They are very loyal to the human beings.
But in Pakistan, dogs aren't treated very well. You don't have to sleep with them like in the west but take better care of them cause they deserve our love too.
🐕 :smitten:

Religious discussions are not allowed else I would have proved how wrong you are so live happy with that realization.
Don't talk about religion. You've never read the Quran in Arabic and you've never read the translation of the Quran. Why do you even think you know anything about Islam?
You're the last last person who can prove someone wrong on religion.

Gtfo with your nonsense.

Upvote 0
Religious discussions are not allowed else I would have proved how wrong you are so live happy with that realization.
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَنْ يَقُولُ ءَامَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَبِالْيَوْمِ الْأَاخِرِ وَمَا هُمْ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ
"And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 8)

* Via Qur'an English https://quran-en.com

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمْ ءَامِنُوا كَمَآ ءَامَنَ النَّاسُ قَالُوٓا أَنُؤْمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ السُّفَهَآءُ  ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمْ هُمُ السُّفَهَآءُ وَلٰكِنْ لَّا يَعْلَمُونَ
"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 13)

* Via Qur'an English https://quran-en.com

Upvote 0
More than 20 percent of Pakistani humans are undernourished and you are advising someone on how best to feed dogs ?
I am advising someone on how to best feed an animal in his charge. Our first responsibility in life is to our charges - animal or human. I have 4 indoor cats, who are most certainly a part of my family, and they probably eat better than me. Yes, I do prioritise their well-being over other humans in need - just as I prioritise the well-being of my human family members. Our species has treated dogs and cats as family members for thousands of years, and we have prioritised them over non-relative humans. It may be an unpleasant fact, but there is reason for it. Dogs have worked to build this civilisation for millennia, and cats have comforted us in times of great distress. They have earned their place in our hearts - and on our table.

In any case, people should be encouraged to do whatever virtuous deed that attracts them. I know some wonderful people who feed orphans. I encourage them with my words and my money - the latter whenever I can spare it. I know people who are passionate about helping the elderly. I try to help them too. I know a few angels who work for the well-being of stray animals. I help them also. This last category of philanthropists is close to my heart because they cater to a population which suffers terribly from the neglect and apathy of our society.

Upvote 0
Don't talk about religion. You've never read the Quran in Arabic and you've never read the translation of the Quran. Why do you even think you know anything about Islam?
You're the last last person who can prove someone wrong on religion.

Gtfo with your nonsense.

I have Abdullah Yusuf Ali's English translation if you want the Quran as a book itself. :rolleyes: And the Saudi mullahs and monarchy and the "Muslim" Brotherhood can speak Arabic too, can they be taken as the pinnacle of Islamic scholars ? :lol: Talk with sense please, if you can.

Upvote 0
I have Abdullah Yusuf Ali's English translation if you want the Quran as a book itself. :rolleyes: And the Saudis and the "Muslim" Brotherhood are Arabs too, can they be taken as the pinnacle of Islamic scholars ? :lol: Talk with sense please, if you can.
You once mentioned the same thing on this same forum that you have the Quran but never have been able to read it.
The reason you haven't been able to read it is because Allah doesn't allow you to read it. You don't have a choice in the matter.

Upvote 0
You once mentioned the same thing on this same forum that you have the Quran but never have been able to read it.
The reason you haven't been able to read it is because Allah doesn't allow you to read it. You don't have a choice in the matter.

Never been able to ? What gave you the idea ? Do I suddenly forget English when I open it ? I just said last year that I can't get myself in the mood to read it fully but since then I have consulted it once or twice to prove a few points to a member here.

Upvote 0
I have Abdullah Yusuf Ali's English translation if you want the Quran as a book itself. :rolleyes: And the Saudi mullahs and monarchy and the "Muslim" Brotherhood can speak Arabic too, can they be taken as the pinnacle of Islamic scholars ? :lol: Talk with sense please, if you can.
Ik baat batao

why the hell don't you just 'come out' as an out an atheist ?

Your supposed religion is very clear about things that makes it simple.. right or wrong, black or white.. clear hai.

I'll respect anyone's deeply held convictions about standing on either side of some type of hard line that makes it this or that, everyone has autonomy over their own life and is allowed to accept, even love, or, reject absolutely anything the world might throw at them.

You're a Marxist communist ? fine.. if that is how you wish to define your chunan-didah ideology lol

don't go around cursing everyone else because your team is languishing at the bottom of the table and not going to make the playoffs but... that is not good behavior on your part.

be real but, make up your mind already.

Gaddafi system, while it may have been good for Libyans for a while.. is just not transplantable to here

BC tujhay simple baat ni pachti.. kabhi north aao.. hum karein aapki mehmaan -nawaazi, aapkao full ghoomaing. :triniti:

Upvote 0
Never been able to ? What gave you the idea ? Do I suddenly forget English when I open it ? I just said last year that I can't get myself in the mood to read it fully but since then I have consulted it once or twice to prove a few points to a member here.
You lie too much. You can't bring yourself to read the whole Qur'an.
When you have read the whole quran than come talk to me about religion.

Upvote 0
Dogs are only loyal to food. That’s why they can change up on their owners depending on who is feeding them. A lot of bullshit being propagated by naive people about dogs being loyal...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dogs are only loyal to food. That’s why they can change up on their owners depending on who is feeding them. A lot of bullshit being propagated by naive people her about dogs being loyal...

Absolutely ! Here's one case of "loyal and caring" dogs turning on those familiar and experienced with them. This is from March this year :
Jacqueline Durand's face was nearly erased two days before Christmas and one day before her 22nd birthday. It happened when a dog sitting job in Coppell, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, went terribly wrong.

The instant after Durand opened the front door of Justin and Ashley Bishop's home, the dogs were not like the "lovely" dogs that she said she had met once before. The dogs dragged her from the front door to the living room. Lucy, a German Shepard mix, and Bender, a boxer and pitbull mix, pinned her down, tore off her nose, ears, lips and cheeks to the bone.

"I thought I was going to die," she told CBS News.

Thirty-seven minutes passed from the time police arrived to when first responders felt safe going into the house. Police body camera footage shows the dogs holding first responders at bay, leaving Durand agonizing for help.

A medic eventually rescued Durand and ran out with her. She was rushed to a trauma center in grave condition, having lost almost 30% of her blood.

Jacqueline Durand's face was nearly erased one day before her 22nd birthday.

Jacqueline Durand's face was nearly erased one day before her 22nd birthday.

When asked why it took 37 minutes to rescue Durand when police could have shot the dogs, Coppell Police Department told CBS News that first responders "were only able to see Jacqueline Durand's legs and were not immediately aware of the extent of her injuries" as they tried to contain the dogs.

It was pure luck that she was rescued alive. When the dogs rushed her, the door was left open, triggering a security alarm at the Bishops' home. The couple told police they got the dogs from rescue organizations and hadn't had any problems with the dogs.

"I have three kids. One is 3 years old. No history of violence. None," Justin Bishop said to police.

But a sign on their front door that warns about sleeping babies and "crazy dogs" is one indicator of negligence, according to a lawsuit filed by Durand's lawyer Chip Brooker.

"The warning on the front door to me, I think, suggests that the Bishops knew that both of these dogs had acted aggressively to people arriving at the front door," Brooker told CBS News.

Brooker said an examination of the dogs, completed by an expert hired by his team after the attack, shows "that the dogs were dangerous and had vicious propensities."

"We suspect the Bishops knew that. We suspect everybody who came across these dogs, particularly Lucy, knew that," Brooker said.

The Bishops said they were "heartbroken" in a statement to CBS News, but turned down an interview request.

"We are heartbroken by the tragic incident involving Ms. Durand," the statement said. "We know that she was injured severely, and are devastated by what she and her family are going through. We would never knowingly put anyone in harm's way, and were shocked by what happened at our home. Due to pending litigation we have been advised not to give any interviews, however, we want Ms. Durand and her family to know that we fervently pray for her recovery daily."

Durand was in emergency surgery for seven hours before her parents, John and Shirley Durand, heard from one of the doctors.

"It was clear that he was saying she's in for a fight for survival. And as we later found out, she had to be resuscitated on the trauma table," John Durand told CBS News.

Their daughter had been resuscitated multiple times and was put in a medically induced coma for a week, Shirley Durand added.

"I was just glad to see her alive," she told CBS News. "Her whole face was totally bandaged."

John Durand told his daughter "she was a miracle."

CBS News met Durand when she had already been in the hospital for seven weeks. Doctors had grafted skin from her buttocks and forehead to start the process of rebuilding her face.

"I feel like I didn't ask for this. So, I think that it's time to show who I am now, and I can't be scared of it," she said, revealing her face.

She was released from the hospital a week later, receiving applause from her doctors and nurses. Outside of her house, the first responders who saved her life gave her a champion's welcome. Her boyfriend, 24-year-old Nathan, who stood by her side, was there, too.

In addition to the love from her family is that from Nathan, who Durand has dated for three years

In addition to the love from her family is that from Nathan, who Durand has dated for three years
Durand wants to be seen not as a victim, but as an example. That's perhaps why she didn't hide her scarred body, which shows the more than 800 bites she endured.

"I want dog owners to know their animals and be able to communicate with their sitters how they are," she said. "Honestly, I'm speechless. After every meet and greet I had, I always felt the same with those other dogs and they don't change their attitude from the time that I met them to the time that I go there for the first time."

In physical therapy, her mouth is stretched one millimeter at a time so that she can eat more. She still faces countless surgeries.

"It's not fun to think about and I also think about how amazing the doctors are," she said. "And so I'm putting it in their hands to help me."

Even after the brutal attack, there's a place still in her heart for dogs. Durand was a dog-sitter for seven years and still dreams of working with animals, possibly as a dog trainer. Her parents have no doubts about her future.

"She has all she has her senses now," Shirley Durand said. "She can walk, she can talk, she can smell, she can hear, and she can see. She's going to be fine."

"The sky's the limit with her attitude, her survival instincts, her hope," John Durand said.

In addition to the love from her family is that from Nathan, who Durand has dated for three years. He just recovered from cancer, and Durand often drove him to and stayed with him during his treatments.

"I'm so grateful that I get the same opportunity to show the same level of love and care that she showed me during that time," he said. "I'm glad I get to be there for her."
800 bites and her face destroyed ! These dogs and the one in your examples should have been shot immediately. Dogs must be eradicated. This propaganda about the supposed goodness of dogs needs to be defeated. It has gone on for too long.

@Raja420 Sharma Ji @Tamerlane @SecularNationalist @DrJekyll

Ik baat batao

why the hell don't you just 'come out' as an out an atheist ?

Your supposed religion is very clear about things that makes it simple.. right or wrong, black or white.. clear hai.

I will wrote more on this in 'Whatever' tomorrow but for now I will reiterate that I don't believe in the binary of theism and atheism, I believe in the undeniable supremacy of Nature.

Gaddafi system, while it may have been good for Libyans for a while.. is just not transplantable to here

That political system and much of the socio-economic system are universal, to wherever humans go.

Even in East Asia, the dog is a bad animal, and all the words related to the dog are derogatory. Because in ancient times, bad landlords often took vicious dogs to collect rent.
Landlords keep big dogs to protect themselves and collect rent. So dogs in East Asia are symbols of bad people, not friends of human beings.

Absolutely !

I have 4 indoor cats, who are most certainly a part of my family, and they probably eat better than me. Yes, I do prioritise their well-being over other humans in need - just as I prioritise the well-being of my human family members.

You prioritize their well-being by confining them ? Will you also confine your brother and sister ? Cats should never be confined to houses but left free. Confining cats is very very wrong. Create a safe environment for them outside. It will take effort but do it. Eliminate and drive away dogs from at least your neighborhood and teach your cats especially if they are babies to climb meshings if there are meshes between buildings so that they can escape those dogs that have somehow come into your area despite your effort.

If you give your cats a good environment where they are happy and natural you will also be in the frame of mind to bring justice and progressive among the humans in Pakistan and beyond. Please read my post# 47 to see how absence of cats and abundance of dogs has affected India.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your prioritize their well-being by confining them ? Will you also confine your brother and sister ? Cats should never be confined to houses but left free. Confining cats is very very wrong. Create a safe environment for them outside. It will take effort but do it. Eliminate and drive away dogs from at least your neighborhood and teach your cats especially if they are babies to climb meshings if there are meshes between buildings so that they can escape those dogs that have somehow come into your area despite your effort.

If you give your cats a good environment where they are happy and natural you will also be in the frame of mind to bring justice and progressive among the humans in Pakistan and beyond. Please read my post# 47 to see how absence of cats and abundance of dogs have affected India.
Jamahir, please do not attempt to teach me the best interest of my pets. I probably have considerably more experience in the matter. My cats have a great life, and they will shortly have access to a large yard with fence-rollers installed around the perimeter.

I have absolutely no intention of driving away any stray dogs in my neighbourhood. They pose no threat to my pets. I have far more regard and sympathy for the poor creatures than any dog-hater I come across on the interwebs.

Upvote 0
Jamahir, please do not attempt to teach me the best interest of my pets. I probably have considerably more experience in the matter.

Sorry but I have better knowledge and experience with cats than you so please take my suggestions.

My cats have a great life, and they will shortly have access to a large yard with fence-rollers installed around the perimeter.

I have absolutely no intention of driving away any stray dogs in my neighbourhood. They pose no threat to my pets. I have far more regard and sympathy for the poor creatures than any dog-hater I come across on the interwebs.

Good that you are letting your cats out into a large yard but they will at some point want to climb the fence. What will you do when they go beyond ? Will you want they to be tortured to death by dogs ?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom