What's new

White American's fear of Indian IT workers

Oh so we're looking at a 4yr old Quora comment with 63 upvotes and 5.7k views
and it's totally not sus that the writer has just wrote a single answer and has a single follower on his quora account.
Nepotism and corruption is definitely rife in Silicon valley. that is my assessment. Got to be fair to the Indians it is across all the communities, but the Indians stand out in terms of scale.

Wow! I thought I'd ask so.e of you what's prompted this lament of Pakistanis. But as one works the way thru the thread, lament does not do justice to the groans, howls, moans, plaints, wails, wringing, regrets, anguish, protests....

But then a sane dude @fitpOsitive tries sanity and the tones escalate to beefing bitching bleating carping griping grousing grumbling giving way to squawking and whimpering.

What a bunch of kvetches you lot are :)

Meanwhile let's hope they redouble the h1b visas so India and Indians can do even better.

Wow! I thought I'd ask so.e of you what's prompted this lament of Pakistanis. But as one works the way thru the thread, lament does not do justice to the groans, howls, moans, plaints, wails, wringing, regrets, anguish, protests....

But then a sane dude @fitpOsitive tries sanity and the tones escalate to beefing bitching bleating carping griping grousing grumbling giving way to squawking and whimpering.

What a bunch of kvetches you lot are :)

Meanwhile let's hope they redouble the h1b visas so India and Indians can do even better.

Indians that actually work hard in the field are appreciated and pretty innovative. Sadly, the majority of Indians try to use the most of their brain power in avoiding work and looking for shortcuts, which in my opinion takes more effort than actually just doing your job.

I’ve learned a lot of things from a few indian techies that were really smart and had a decent moral compass. And they are usually the silent types. Unlike the majority of Indians in IT, they don’t suffer from ego problems, backbiting, scapegoating others for their failures, and creating social circles with hierarchy.

That’s about as fair an assessment that I can give, even with my anti Indian biases.

Indian excel in inferiority complex i swear allah no lie. i was astonished how much chitta lun chuppa they do. indian be your friend and say we are bhai, pakistan n india should not be enemies bla bla, but once he moves up he will turn on you.

but i seen pakistani do that too but usually from odd towns but they get dealth with if they sell out or turn on you. you see this alot in pakistani police pure *** kissing sell outs, work harder to fcuk their own kind more than white police officer.

UK pakis are the worst at this. When I had stopped over in Manchester while traveling to the US from Pakistan, the UK pakis working at the airport were giving us a harder time than the British white staff. And it was just a stop, not even a connecting flight. I was swearing in punjabi at this one particular bald headed UK **** named Junaid because he started to yell at an old bazurg lady that couldn’t find her passport. She ended up putting it in her carry on by mistake instead of her purse. It was funny as **** because I kept swearing at him and he was trying to ignore me and kept speaking in his gay uk fairy English accent. I was like, I can see your name tag JUNAID. Don’t pretend like you can’t understand me paan yakka..

It was really funny because a lot of Pakistanis in the line were cracking up and he kept getting visibly angrier while trying to ignore me. He was being such a dickhead.

Indian IT industry and manpower is huge. Some bad apples will always be there. I find it intriguing how Americans know the caste of the oppressors, beneficiaries and the victims, when many Indians themselves won't know.

The truth is that successful Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in the IT industry will never badmouth other communities. Only the losers will. I follow both Syed Balkhi (a Wordpress guru) and Sal Khan (a teaching legend) on LinkedIn. Syed is a Pakistani and Sal a Bangladeshi. Nothing that they ever post has the remotest hint of resentment. This forum either has many losers who couldn't make it, or people who have nothing to do with the IT industry and talk on anecdotal nonsense. In fact IT is an industry that you can remotely comment upon only if you have worked in it. Conversely, if you haven't, the lack of understanding is betrayed immediately.

Men, people are rarely making bad comment in Linkedin, that is business network website. Every thing posted on Linkedin is always something good or inspiring since we dont want our name get black listed by certain people that could bring us money and job.

This forum OTH is basically a perfect one to show real mind, the same like Indian Defense Forum, and even Quora. Many bad opinion and question trolling will happen in places like Quora

UK pakis are the worst at this. When I had stopped over in Manchester while traveling to the US from Pakistan, the UK pakis working at the airport were giving us a harder time than the British white staff. And it was just a stop, not even a connecting flight. I was swearing in punjabi at this one particular bald headed UK **** named Junaid because he started to yell at an old bazurg lady that couldn’t find her passport. She ended up putting it in her carry on by mistake instead of her purse. It was funny as **** because I kept swearing at him and he was trying to ignore me and kept speaking in his gay uk fairy English accent. I was like, I can see your name tag JUNAID. Don’t pretend like you can’t understand me paan yakka..

It was really funny because a lot of Pakistanis in the line were cracking up and he kept getting visibly angrier while trying to ignore me. He was being such a dickhead.

you will see plenty in Manchester airport. However the ones that are confident and dont suffer from a ss kissing, do not get the job at places like airports etc.

Not only do they hate Pakistanis, but indians have a crazy MANIACAL, OBSESSIVE and ABNORMAL hatred of Pakistan and Pakistanis. The way indians hate us, NO OTHER group of people hate another the way indians hate us. Anyone who says otherwise is either incredibly naive or mentally retarded. You only have to look at the number of indian trolls on PDF and other Pakistani forums. A lot of gangus have made it their life's mission, even their own religion about fanatically hating Pakistan ad Pakistanis.
trust me, i dont hate Pakistani..

Indians that actually work hard in the field are appreciated and pretty innovative. Sadly, the majority of Indians try to use the most of their brain power in avoiding work and looking for shortcuts, which in my opinion takes more effort than actually just doing your job.

I’ve learned a lot of things from a few indian techies that were really smart and had a decent moral compass. And they are usually the silent types. Unlike the majority of Indians in IT, they don’t suffer from ego problems, backbiting, scapegoating others for their failures, and creating social circles with hierarchy.

That’s about as fair an assessment that I can give, even with my anti Indian biases.
My pet theory is (and I maybe completely wrong)... Indian IT workforce in India is much better than outside India. The Indian tech junta you see in US is old world companies. In India we call them WITCH companies (Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, HCL). They are considered fossils by the IT graduates in India. No one wants to work for them, except those who want to treat IT as a sarkaari job. By far the biggest action in Indian (i.e. inside India) IT space is in startups. That world is so different from the WITCH world, it will take a thesis to describe it.

This discrimination thing is very surprising to me. My wife's company employs 5 American Pakistanis. She herself as a CXO level person makes it a point to treat them with more courtesy and better terms than she would Indian employees

You should remember that Indians getting H1B visas abroad are not necessarily the brightest. They are those who the incumbent managers sitting in US think they can get along with, and get work done. So there is some politics involved there. My assessment is that the apart from the top tier Indian IT crowd you see in US, majority of them are average at best, and no comparison to those who are working here. Indian IT talent inside India is at another level altogether.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom