What's new

Which Submarines should the RSNF go after?

Well,

Since the sub is French, and our Pakistani friends had a great experience in them, I won't rule the Scorpion out of the equation.

What are you saying your Indian Friends are also here
We are also buying Scorpion Subs
After all Hindi-Saudi Bhai Bhai :cheers:

In case you don't know the meaning of this it says 'Indians Saudis Brothers Brothers'

Well,

Since the sub is French, and our Pakistani friends had a great experience in them, I won't rule the Scorpion out of the equation.

In case you don't know the meaning of this it says 'Indians Saudis Brothers Brothers'

Hej hej folks :smart:

I would like to hear your comments, suggestions, and recommendations on this topic. Presently, the Saudis may need to equip their navy with submarines, to protect their national interests, national secuirty, and to enhance their defense capability since the entire region is being turned upside down, it is imperative that the Saudis should SERIOUSLY consider re-launching their submarine-program - the whole project was called off in the later 80s for some reason - So what do you guys think?

I would like, expect my country to consider holding talks with the Germans to procure 6-8 U-boat T-214s.

Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP :bounce:

They will get American, or French.

Do you know why ?

Yep, I heard that the Indians are going after the Scorpion ;), will be built in Mumbai right? ;) Congrats :yay:

Do you know why ?

The US won't sell sh!t. As for France, the outcome of Syria will determine that should the Saudi Navy picks the DR or else, if that's what you are saying.

@Yzd Khalifa

Scorpene with Mesma Aip,and thats it,if you want it as a Hunter Killer Role..one of the most silent sub..Type-216 isn't out yet.Type-214 is facing some problems in SK Navy..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yzd Khalifa

Scorpene with Mesma Aip,and thats it,if you want it as a Hunter Killer Role..one of the most silent sub..Type-216 isn't out yet.Type-214 is facing some problems in SK Navy..

The French are cool to do business with; suffice to say that a country like Brazil as well as India picked the Scorpion over the T-214 which suffers from a lot of technical shortcomings.

But you've got to be honest with me this time, India has a very expensive taste when it comes to its military machine :cheesy:

they can easily get french, british, russian, swedish or chinese subs its upto them..but i dont think they will go for subs..
simply because USA doesnt has them and they just like to buy from USA

Yzd, you all need to learn how to swim with wet suit first:cheers:...Joke aside...Yzd, you need to look at best navies and their equiment and you have one a little north of you. Their first submarine was put to sea in the late 40s and see what they use know? If the Scorpene was as good as our Pakistanis friends claim, Israel would have chose it..instead she chose the German Daulphin to equip her Navy... For the time being the Dauplhin is away high in the quality Totem pole. But more likely you gonna end up with an American Made. After 2018, Algeria's submarines will be either the Italo-Russian S1000 or the Dauphin...The Daulphin has an edge

2927005059.jpg

000022_foto1_img1.jpg

Thanks for coming by, your opinion is highly appreciated :smart:

Yzd, you all need to learn how to swim with wet suit first

Despite the fact that I happen to be a Riyadh(ian), I was taught how swim swiftly. :azn:

Yzd, you need to look at best navies and their equiment and you have one a little north of you

I don't think we should put the Israeli navy in par with far superior ones like India's which procured the Scorpion sub.

Their first submarine was put to sea in the late 40s and see what they use know? If the Scorpene was as good as our Pakistanis friends claim, Israel would have chose it..instead she chose the German Daulphin to equip her Navy... For the time being the Dauplhin is away high in the quality Totem pole

The Scorpion sub entered service less than a decade ago, while T-209 entered service in the mid 70s. The Dolphin class sub is extensively modified from the export version of the T-209.

But more likely you gonna end up with an American Made. After 2018, Algeria's submarines will be either the Italo-Russian S1000 or the Dauphin...The Daulphin has an edge

The US hasn't built a conventional submarine since the early 80s.

Algeria is a rich country, she can procure whatever she wishes as long as she can afford the cheese ;) ..

P.S.

There is no such thing as Dolphin class sub; these subs were especially built for the Israeli navy. As @flamer84 stated earlier, the Germans are subsidizing every weapon Israel picks out of their industry, it is highly unlikely that the Germans will propose the Dolphin's to any country including theirs but again only to Israel.

they can easily get french, british, russian, swedish or chinese subs its upto them..but i dont think they will go for subs..
simply because USA doesnt has them and they just like to buy from USA

We don't exclusively do business with the US alone :/ ..

The French are cool to do business with; suffice to say that a country like Brazil as well as India picked the Scorpion over the T-214 which suffers from a lot of technical shortcomings.

But you've got to be honest with me this time, India has a very expensive taste when it comes to its military machine :cheesy:

well I agree with you..our military wants best weapons now..T-214 is very best sub,if overcome its shortcomings.but they will not export all the aspects of it.so,its better to get Scorpene sub.by the way,in which role these subs will perform??just for coastal defence,or a long endurance sub,or a very silent one,or one with a good punch???I wonder,which kind of subs operate in those area???is there any capable navy apart from Israel??

if you prefer small but most quite subs,you should look into Gotland Class or Ula class subs..Russian SSk gets most powerful punch,but no way SA will buy Russian weapon.

Do you know why ?

america doesn't make SSKs anymore(atleast for USN)..French and German made SSKs are good.

The Germans aren't as flexible as the French, but at the end of the day, the French sub enjoys an upper hi-tech level.

I'd suppose that we look for attack subs in the sense that if someone tried to shut down the strait of Hormuz or tried to threatened our interests.

The water depth in the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf sucks though :what: it's too shallow to operate a large sub; even the US itself struggles when it circles around :lol:

well I agree with you..our military wants best weapons now..T-214 is very best sub,if overcome its shortcomings.but they will not export all the aspects of it.so,its better to get Scorpene sub.by the way,in which role these subs will perform??just for coastal defence,or a long endurance sub,or a very silent one,or one with a good punch???I wonder,which kind of subs operate in those area???is there any capable navy apart from Israel??

if you prefer small but most quite subs,you should look into Gotland Class or Ula class subs..Russian SSk gets most powerful punch,but no way SA will buy Russian weapon.

america doesn't make SSKs anymore(atleast for USN)..French and German made SSKs are good.

We will never make an agreement with the Russians over its contribtion of the mass-killing of women and children.

Well,

First a bit of correction, contrary to what my friend @Imran Khan has been saying the French Submarine is actually called "Scorpene Class " and not Scorpion. Secondly , it has three models so far and the biggest model purchased by Brazil is almost same size as our Augusta ( Which is roughly 2000 Long tons of Water Displacement ). The smallest Scorpene model is 1575 long tons of water displacement.

It is however more advanced and has better Sensors than Augusta. It includes Diesel Propulsion+ Air Independent Propulsion giving it a 50+21 days at sea.

The price tag is a hefty $ 500,000,000 a boat. India just paid 3 Billion USD for Six Scorpene Class Submarines which is a bit more than a German Type 214.

The good thing with French is they are a bit more open to sharing Technology than the Germans, especially with their Propulsion systems.

Hej hej folks :smart:

I would like to hear your comments, suggestions, and recommendations on this topic. Presently, the Saudis may need to equip their navy with submarines, to protect their national interests, national secuirty, and to enhance their defense capability since the entire region is being turned upside down, it is imperative that the Saudis should SERIOUSLY consider re-launching their submarine-program - the whole project was called off in the later 80s for some reason - So what do you guys think?

I would like, expect my country to consider holding talks with the Germans to procure 6-8 U-boat T-214s.

Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP :bounce:

Thanks for the mention bro. Somehow it did not show up in my account, I think the site is having issues lately.

I will respond after I do some research.

Yep, I heard that the Indians are going after the Scorpion ;), will be built in Mumbai right? ;) Congrats :yay:

The US won't sell sh!t. As for France, the outcome of Syria will determine that should the Saudi Navy picks the DR or else, if that's what you are saying.

yes thry wil be built in Mumbai
You should go for french they give TOT more easily than the Germans

Back
Top Bottom