What's new

Which Submarines should the RSNF go after?

Hard to Answer it depends on the requirement of Royal Saudi Navy but my opinion would be Saudi Arabia should push for a couple of nuclear powered submarines either French or German and 2-3 high quality diesel submarines either U214 or highly modernized scorpene-class submarines. I believe Saudi Arabia does have funds for 5 submarines in both classes nuclear and diesel electric totalling around $3.8B that's sufficient. Personally i am highly skeptical if Germans would allow any deal under pressure from Israel for any conventional or non conventional submarines. Or the idea perhaps wild but Chinese are very reliable partners pay them good and Join them they are working day and night on developing capable submarines' Saudi Arabia must develop best defence relations with China as well it is high time if you want to prove you point to the West.

Well, that would be dream come true. @Yzd Khalifa bro, is it possible for KSA to buy Chinese subs?

Pakistan has ordered Chinese subs, Bangladesh is planning to do the same. I would also recommend GCC states to talk Indonesia out of buying Korean subs, planes etc. and go for Chinese gear instead. That would give all these navy's (and airforces) interoperability based on a shared common platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
@kalu_miah

Yes, it is a viable option.

That is excellent news bro.

Is it possible to talk to Indonesia to drop Korean subs and go for Chinese subs instead? This way at least 4 countries in the Indian Ocean region will have the same common sub platform. May be I will open a separate thread about Indonesia's future purchase of submarines and fighter planes or Indonesia-China defense cooperation.

That is excellent news bro.

Is it possible to talk to Indonesia to drop Korean subs and go for Chinese subs instead? This way at least 4 countries in the Indian Ocean region will have the same common sub platform. May be I will open a separate thread about Indonesia's future purchase of submarines and fighter planes or Indonesia-China defense cooperation.

Despite the fact that we funded Indondia's aviation industrial complex, I don't think that KSA will apply a pressure on them to turn the Korean-Indonesian defense agreements in favor of China's. Both countries maintain strong relations, it isn't better for anyone interests to do such thing.

P.S. the Indonisian Gov't is one of the most thick-headed nogotiators of all time :P

Despite the fact that we funded Indondia's aviation industrial complex, I don't think that KSA will apply a pressure on them to turn the Korean-Indonesian defense agreements in favor of China's. Both countries maintain strong relations, it isn't better for anyone interests to do such thing.

P.S. the Indonisian Gov't is one of the most thick-headed nogotiators of all time :P

I would agree with that, every country has their own approach based on their own unique geopolitical situation and history of relations with other countries and it is not easy to change it through external pressure. But I will open a thread about China-Indonesia defense cooperation in the China and Far East section, just to see response from Indonesians and Chinese in this forum.

If KSA goes for Chinese subs, then it might be worthwhile to look at building them in Pakistan shipyards in the future, may be not with the first one, as they already have experience building Agosta 90B french subs.

If KSA goes for Chinese subs, then it might be worthwhile to look at building them in Pakistan shipyards in the future, may be not with the first one, as they already have experience building Agosta 90B french subs.

Well, you've got a good head of figure :angel:

I don't think that Yemen will join us, maybe Jordan, but KSA and Pakistan can work together like always.

MASHA ALLAH, you are right. I wish that Pakistan Navy and Saudi Arabia along with Jordan and Yemen can work together on the submarine projects with Germany

And on similar scale; UAE, Oman, Algeria and Libya can work with French too.

MASHA ALLAH, you are right. I wish that Pakistan Navy and Saudi Arabia along with Jordan and Yemen can work together on the submarine projects with Germany

And on similar scale; UAE, Oman, Algeria and Libya can work with French too.

The Saudi navy is fully integrated with the PN and likewise. Usually, the PN ducks one of their Agusta subs in Jeddah :agree:

But needs to do R&D on Submarines and other Naval projects....

An R&D unit has already been founded for the RSNF, as well as the RSLF. The RSAF doesn't have a fully functional R&D unit up to this moment.

I was told by a friend of mine working at the R&D department for the Navy in the capital that both of the PN & the RSNF are working together hand in hand.

An R&D unit has already been founded for the RSNF, as well as the RSLF. The RSAF doesn't have a fully functional R&D unit up to this moment.

I was told by a friend of mine working at the R&D department for the Navy in the capital that both of the PN & the RSNF are working together hand in hand.

MASHA ALLAH. But Brother first of all Asalam-O-Alikum,

I would like to say that both are not experts in making submarines which is the most and only integral part of any Navy so working with Germans on it can bring out much better things for each other...

W/S
وعليكم السلام

MASHA ALLAH. But Brother first of all Asalam-O-Alikum,

I would like to say that both are not experts in making submarines which is the most and only integral part of any Navy so working with Germans on it can bring out much better things for each other...

KSA's military experience is modest compared with Pakistan.

Pakistan had its chance to work with the Germans in 2008, when they filed an inquiry to procure the U-Boat T-214. However, Pakistan chose the Qing class subs over the German.

I would like to see the RNSF operating 3 U-Boat T-214, another 3 of 209 :D
@Aeronaut

'Sup homie? :coffee:

@Yzd Khalifa

Team up with Turkey to procure the U-214s. They are the best subs you can get. Together then we can stalk any nigga out of our seas with those !

@Yzd Khalifa

Team up with Turkey to procure the U-214s. They are the best subs you can get. Together then we can stalk any nigga out of our seas with those !

The purchase has to be ratified by the Germans; I'm positively sure that they are willing to do some more business with us.

Any other viable option my fellow?

Back
Top Bottom