What's new

Which one is your favorite Bengali cuisine?

Me too.....everytime my tongue feels a fish-bone in my rice I instantly panic....had bad experience with kata as a child.....didn't eat fish out of anger for a month!

I face a lot of problem with Hilsa kanta ....... but still I am greedy about it. :D

@thesolar65

Even my doctor prescribed me that too. Later I was taking Roso Vas 10. By the way my TG level was 620 :D and I never went to the doctor again. I don't mind dying after having a bellyful of Hilsa and Vetki paturi :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhinde Bhaji yum yum :woot:

304357866_7ec99e832d_z.jpg

Aloor dom yum yum :woot:

aloo_dum.jpg

@thesolar65

Even my doctor prescribed me that too. Later I was taking Roso Vas 10. By the way my TG level was 620 :D and I never went to the doctor again. I don't mind dying after having a bellyful of Hilsa and Vetki paturi :lol:

:woot:......mine fluctuated between 350 and 400 and my doctor told me all kinds of scare stories about how my nerve endings would die and my hands and feet would go numb and won't be able to feel a thing when I got older.....apparently people still live beyond 600!

This one is also a favorite of mine........ kochi pathar jhol... :D bdw what's the term used for 'jhol' in Bangladesh ? I think 'jhol' is not used much.

DSC_0820.JPG

i can not think life without jhol :fie:

i always mix jhol and dal :yahoo:

@thesolar65

And because of my level, they(doctors) put me through TMT (Tread mill Test) which I could not pass. Then they put me through an Angiogram. Fortunately no blockage was discovered. Later I knew from the waiting patients that some have no blockage even with 800 level of triglyceride and some have with 250 lvel. So it depends the construction of your veins. Not passing TMT does not mean you have a blockage. It could be due to many reasons, such as weakness, lack of sleep, weak lung etc. Also never take advice from Internet websites. For a small cold, you will deduce yourself having cancer if you consult internet medical websites. I did that and ended with Angio test

:woot:......mine fluctuated between 350 and 400 and my doctor told me all kinds of scare stories about how my nerve endings would die and my hands and feet would go numb and won't be able to feel a thing when I got older.....apparently people still live beyond 600!

i think i need to check myself too, i think my heart is very weak, i realized it after watching paranormal activities like movies LOL

This one is also a favorite of mine........ kochi pathar jhol... :D bdw what's the term used for 'jhol' in Bangladesh ? I think 'jhol' is not used much.

DSC_0820.JPG

Jhol is used to refer gravy but we don't call jhol to any particular recipe. We call it Torkari. We don't call Kochi Pathar Jhol, we call kochi pathar torkari.

Please refer post-147

Back
Top Bottom