What's new

Where Hindus join Shias to mourn Imam Hussain.

What does Hussaini Brahmins means? Muslims have no brahmins or something like that !!
What is the source of problem between Shias and sunnis?

In one line... Power game

1. Shia: Who followed/Supported Muhammad family members
2. Sunni : who supported Khalifa .

There are many minor issues and ideological differnce as well like.
1. SHia don't belive Muhammad last prophet, they believe in Messiha (like all other religion does)
2. Shia wanted Islam to spread by Muhammad blood line, while sunni wiped out those blood line.
3. Handful of Shia were trapped in Karbala by 10 Khalifa and bucherd mericlessly. even Women and kids were not spared.

My native place "Bhagalpur" Bihar.. I was there last 2 week for festival of SUN and river Ganga (Chhath). 3 days after our festival Muharram was scheduled (I think it was 23rd or 24th Nov).

I saw many Shia procession and I was shocked to see that many Hindus were participating in Muharram.. I didn't had camera or mobile with me or I would have got some pics for u guys..

Even Aftr riots (Bhagalpur) there is no animosity btwn hindu and Muslims there.

We are like family, no matter how much we quarrel end of day we share our feeliongs..

We have shared this sub continent for centuries.

By the law of evolution. if things were as bad as we make them out to be, one community - Hindu or Muslim would have been wiped out.

The fact that they exist together is because there was a great deal of tolerance and mutual respect for each other.

A look at posts 69 & 72 will help. They are long but are worth the while.

In my family, the man who ran the family accounts and looked after everything from the lands to arrangements for marriages / deaths was a Muslim about four generations ago. Thereafter, one son of that family STILL does the same.

What I am trying to bring out is that this blood thirsty animosity is a recent phenomenon spurred by vested interests.

1. SHia don't belive Muhammad last prophet, they believe in Messiha (like all other religion does)
2. Shia wanted Islam to spread by Muhammad blood line, while sunni wiped out those blood line.
3. Handful of Shia were trapped in Karbala by 10 Khalifa and bucherd mericlessly. even Women and kids were not spared.

Well Prophet Mohammed himself said another prophet will come right?

1) Jokers join the circus.:rap:

2) This is not Islam, it's some Persian cult.:bad:

This exactly same attitude is leading to shia killings in pakistan.

Keep it up.... Pakistan has really bright future if its coming generation thinks exactly like this... :lol:

Boojay k moonh walay, who are you to predict Pakistan's future huh? Some Hanuman jotshi or something?:woot:

Boojay k moonh walay, who are you to predict Pakistan's future huh? Some Hanuman jotshi or something?:woot:

Was that supposed to be an insult...?

And I was not predicting the future.. I wish Pakistan a great future with all its citizens having same great mentality as yours.. Please accept my humble apologies if i might have hurt your feelings.

Was that supposed to be an insult...?

And I was not predicting the future.. I wish Pakistan a great future with all its citizens having same great mentality as yours.. Please accept my humble apologies if i might have hurt your feelings.

No, it wasn't. I just wanted to comment on your avatar. It's kinda cute lol. YOU can wish Pakistan all the sh!tluck in the world for all I care.:tup:

1. SHia don't belive Muhammad last prophet, they believe in Messiha (like all other religion does)2. Shia wanted Islam to spread by Muhammad blood line, while sunni wiped out those blood line.

:eek: thats happened when an ignorant Hindu from India talks about Islam who doesnt have full knowledge of even his own religion.

Do you know that the shytt you have posted has NO truth in it and shows your level of knowledge about Islam at all.

:blink:

Where in God's name did you learn that !

Both Shias & Sunnis believe that Muhammad (PBUH) was the last Prophet of God; thats a fundamental tenant of Islam. Where they differ is :

(a) Succession : Who should have succeeded Muhammad (PBUH) ? A group thinks that it should have been Ali ibn Abi Talib & came to me known, though later, as the Shia-tu-Ali or the Faction of Ali. Whilst another group thought that the succession by Abu Bakr was perfectly fine & they came to be known as the Sunnis.

(b) Immamate : Shias believe, I think, that God intended the Prophethood to be succeeded by the Immamate whereby an Imam - a divinely appointed infallible spiritual guide from the family & descendants of the Prophet (PBUH) would be the sole authority in both religion & law. The Sunnis took a different view of this & didn't recognize the concept of Immamate.

And at Karbala it wasn't a handful of Shias being butchered by Sunnis but Hussain ibn Ali (PBUH) who along with his family refused to allow the Caliphate to be vested in the hands of a person like Yazid were massacred for their act of defiance. And his last stand is still remembered today by both Sunnis & Shias.

And his last stand is still remembered today by both Sunnis & Shias.

This was news to me too. When I was explained the difference between the two sects' alams.

But why don't Sunnis mourn as the Shias do then?

And why kill Shias on this specific day?

This was news to me too. When I was explained the difference between the two sects' alams.

Because what was once a political difference spawned, over the centuries, theological differences as well & rituals are after all theological practices.

Shias get killed because they are the most numerous participants of the Ashura processions with some Sunnis attending it. Sunnis remember it as an extremely sad event & a brave act but they don't indulge themselves in the whole Ashura thing down to the taziyee or the maathum & yet some do.

Because what was once a political difference spawned, over the centuries, theological differences as well & rituals are after all theological practices.

Shias get killed because they are the most numerous participants of the Ashura processions with some Sunnis attending it. Sunnis remember it as an extremely sad event & a brave act but they don't indulge themselves in the whole Ashura thing down to the taziyee or the maathum & yet some do.

But why are they getting killed?

Does it have something to do with spilling blood and how that is absolute taboo as per the Islam that Sunnis follow?

Out here, the Imambaras have huge banners advertising Blood Donation camps etc. - so I think there is a link?

Sunnis mourn too, but in a more quiet way.

But why are they getting killed?

Does it have something to do with spilling blood and how that is absolute taboo as per the Islam that Sunnis follow?

Out here, the Imambaras have huge banners advertising Blood Donation camps etc. - so I think there is a link?

The same reason the rest of us are - Extremism ! Whether its outside a Sufi Shrine, on Eid-Miladun Nabi, in the midst of Friday Prayer (e.g Masjid-e-Shuhadaa in Lahore) or on Ashura its all because of the same reason; elements within the society have become to extreme in their thinking that they are not willing to tolerate a difference of opinion.

And I didn't get your 'spilling blood' part !

Back
Top Bottom