What's new

When INS Vikrant (R11) gave nightmare to Pakistan's Navy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are most likely ignoring the fact that radar ranges you have mentioned are for Jet sized targets and the CBG may be detected even beyond 500km's by AEWACS.

please at follow the previous posts before commenting.it's not about radar range but about curvature of earth, if the ship was on sky at 450km distance your AWAC would detect it.

Shouldn't we apply the same logic to INS Vikrant and wait till 2020 when it is "inducted" and "operational" ? :disagree:

But sir,Vikramaditya,operating the same aircraft would be Inducted soon :)

According to you indian battle group consist of which platform .

How many submarine ?
how many anti-submarine destroyers ?
How many anti-air destroyers ?
How many stealth frigate in forward patrol ?
How many supply ship ?

Two destroyers(Delhi class for now,Kolkata class in future maybe)Two ore more frigates(Nilgiri/Talwar/Shivalik)One supple ship and one submarine

edit-That is the present situation,with INS Viraat

Shouldn't we apply the same logic to INS Vikrant and wait till 2020 when it is "inducted" and "operational" ? :disagree:

sure, vikrant is too far to be considered, I was talking about CBG with vikramaditya as center piece, I have already mentioned that in previous posts.

Don't know about nightmares to PN, however IN itself seems to be suffering from its own nightmares these days, by the way is IN going to re-surface the sunk sub or put a tombstone on it right there in the dock?

Trolling about an unfortunate incident and tragic death of Indian sailors in every thread?Have some shame at least!

please at follow the previous posts before commenting.it's not about radar range but about curvature of earth, if the ship was on sky at 450km distance your AWAC would detect it.

Curvature of Earth to Visibility, the formula is:

D ≈ 3.57√h

where,

D = Distance in Kms
H = Height in Meters.

At 65,000 ft, the AWACS can see the CBG at 500kms.

Curvature of Earth to Visibility, the formula is:

D ≈ 3.57√h

where,

D = Distance in Kms
H = Height in Meters.

At 65,000 ft, the AWACS can see the CBG at 500kms.

AWAC doesn't fly that that hight.check Erieye details.

You, also, cannot win a 'factual' argument!

:angry: what damn factual argument are you talking about ? have some shame, when I pointed out that Erieye operational sealing is 3000 ft, your rely was like..radar can be ripped apart, along with all the control command systems, wiring,sensors, etc and put on another platform " which fly at 65000 feet, that is what called clutching at straws..now don't quote me unless you have some valid argument other than that kind of non sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom