What's new

What's the story behind your username?

Ibn Batouta was a Moroccan famous explorer/geographer, born in the north of Morocco, Tangier (my city).
The international airport of Tangier is named Ibn Batouta, and also the soccer stadium of the city.

Ibn Battuta (/ˌɪbənbætˈtuːtɑː/; Arabic: ابن بطوطة‎; fully: Shams al-Dīn ʾAbū ʿAbd al-Lāh Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Lāh l-Lawātī ṭ-Ṭanǧī ibn Baṭūṭah; Arabic: شمس الدين أبو عبد الله محمد بن عبد الله اللواتي الطنجي بن بطوطة; 24 February 1304 – 1368 or 1369) was a Muslim Berber Moroccan scholar, and explorer who widely travelled the medieval world. Over a period of thirty years, Ibn Battuta visited most of the Islamic world and many non-Muslim lands, including Central Asia, Southeast Asia, India and China. Near the end of his life, he dictated an account of his journeys, titled A Gift to Those Who Contemplate the Wonders of Cities and the Marvels of Traveling. He travelled more than any other explorer in distance, totaling around 117,000 km, surpassing Zheng He with about 50,000 km and Marco Polo with 12,000 km.

And this, ladies and gents, is the art of trolling. You're welcome.

By that standards, you mean the most powerful poster on PDF would be a young girl, eh? I do recall having a little sister here too @MARSHMELLOW she's left now. I hope she's well and if she ever reads this then know that she's more than welcome back here.
Now this is where i genuinely got confused, shall i feel regretful or happy for getting a pat on the shoulder ?

Funny. :) If i did that then i'm not sure if folks are gonna read my comments or focus on my gender.

Young kids deserve excuse passes!!:mad: pass it on!
Surely there is another group of people who would love to write articles on you and make banners for you :-), Look at the brighter side man

Greetings everyone.

So I was having this conversation and it hit me; why are people's usernames what they are, I mean what happened? Why'd you choose this?

So, let's play this little game. Please tag someone and ask them; anyone who's username has intrigued you.

So I ask @Slav Defence and @TheEagle what's the story behind your usernames? Why'd you choose them?????

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/explain-your-username.99034/

Let's see how many pages this one lasts. :D

(My username is my name abbreviated.)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom