What's new

What's the story behind your username?

Ibn Batouta was a Moroccan famous explorer/geographer, born in the north of Morocco, Tangier (my city).
The international airport of Tangier is named Ibn Batouta, and also the soccer stadium of the city.

Ibn Battuta (/ˌɪbənbætˈtuːtɑː/; Arabic: ابن بطوطة‎; fully: Shams al-Dīn ʾAbū ʿAbd al-Lāh Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Lāh l-Lawātī ṭ-Ṭanǧī ibn Baṭūṭah; Arabic: شمس الدين أبو عبد الله محمد بن عبد الله اللواتي الطنجي بن بطوطة; 24 February 1304 – 1368 or 1369) was a Muslim Berber Moroccan scholar, and explorer who widely travelled the medieval world. Over a period of thirty years, Ibn Battuta visited most of the Islamic world and many non-Muslim lands, including Central Asia, Southeast Asia, India and China. Near the end of his life, he dictated an account of his journeys, titled A Gift to Those Who Contemplate the Wonders of Cities and the Marvels of Traveling. He travelled more than any other explorer in distance, totaling around 117,000 km, surpassing Zheng He with about 50,000 km and Marco Polo with 12,000 km.

Yup many Indonesian know that man and his information about Indonesia is very valuable for our history. He visited Samudra Pasai, an Islamic Kingdom in Sumatra island. During that period he also said there are already Arab village in the West Sumatran coast line and also some Chinese farmer in the island.

? I do recall having a little sister here too @Marshmallow she's left now. I hope she's well and if she ever reads this then know that she's more than welcome back here.
good old days of Naswar Corner....later changed to Naswaristan...
marsha was the youngest one in that group i i think, just like this little missy here.....thanks to the drama of few, Naswaristan got shut down by Webbey
IMG_20200317_204713.jpg

Yup many Indonesian know that man and his information about Indonesia is very valuable for our history. He visited Samudra Pasai, an Islamic Kingdom in Sumatra island. During that period he also said there are already Arab village in the West Sumatran coast line and also some Chinese farmer in the island.

Yes my brother, it was the golden age of Islam, the Islam of science and knowledge, in Morocco we say that at that time to learn the sciences you had to learn Arabic, like today we have to learn english.
In Andalusia alone, for 600 years Muslim scholars had revolutionized the sciences: medicine, geography, astronomy ... the era of Ibn Batouta, Ibn Roshd, Ibn Khaldoun and many others, Tarik Ibn Zayad who conquered the Muslim Spain. At that time Christians came to learn science from Muslims, and relied on that to launch the European Renaissance, which heralded the end of the Islamic golden age, the reconquista, then colonization. History speaks....

When we unfortunately see today the state of the Muslim world. we want to cry.

Nice thread.

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. "

master-chief-square-542x542-f4aa513845bc4582a501100cc5550b48.jpg

Greetings everyone.

So I was having this conversation and it hit me; why are people's usernames what they are, I mean what happened? Why'd you choose this?

So, let's play this little game. Please tag someone and ask them; anyone who's username has intrigued you.

So I ask @Slav Defence and @TheEagle what's the story behind your usernames? Why'd you choose them?????
Around 6-7 years ago, I was actively participating in discussions. During my discussions and argument I came across and observed members making lobbies, groups, gangs and push specific agenda. Each had their own motive to do so. Hence, I started to observe patterns and tried to dismantle some harmful posts hence thought to obtain a username that mimcs strength of a member against all odds.
Hence, slav defence - chess technique that works against queen's Gambit during the chess. Those were the days!
Regards

Im a Tolkein nerd and a gamer, so when Lord of the Rings Online game came out me and couple of friends got it straight away. We then had to come up with mystical elvish names for our characters. I simply took my biraderi/tribe name (kamboh) and added the suffix jaric to add some Tolkein flavor to the name. It has since stuck as the alias i use for my dealings via the web :)

Last edited:
A battle tested name, eh? Awesome!
Around 6-7 years ago, I was actively participating in discussions. During my discussions and argument I came across and observed members making lobbies, groups, gangs and push specific agenda. Each had their own motive to do so. Hence, I started to observe patterns and tried to dismantle some harmful posts hence thought to obtain a username that mimcs strength of a member against all odds.
Hence, slav defence - chess technique that works against queen's Gambit during the chess. Those were the days!
Regards

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom