What's new

What's the story behind your username?

Around 6-7 years ago, I was actively participating in discussions. During my discussions and argument I came across and observed members making lobbies, groups, gangs and push specific agenda. Each had their own motive to do so. Hence, I started to observe patterns and tried to dismantle some harmful posts hence thought to obtain a username that mimcs strength of a member against all odds.
Hence, slav defence - chess technique that works against queen's Gambit during the chess. Those were the days!
Regards
Ohhh I honestly thought you were interested in defence of Slavic nations. ...which is fine if you are anyway.

I was addicted to Unreal Online Tournament while living in England in my teens.
Death.by.Chocolate (dbc) was the Unreal Id of a friend that I played the game with- an English train driver from Liverpool.

dbc is just my way of remembering an old friend.

Around 6-7 years ago, I was actively participating in discussions. During my discussions and argument I came across and observed members making lobbies, groups, gangs and push specific agenda. Each had their own motive to do so. Hence, I started to observe patterns and tried to dismantle some harmful posts hence thought to obtain a username that mimcs strength of a member against all odds.
Hence, slav defence - chess technique that works against queen's Gambit during the chess. Those were the days!
Regards
jhoot, you changed the name following phadday in Naswaristan...:D

Ohhh I honestly thought you were interested in defence of Slavic nations. ...which is fine if you are anyway.

I have been lurking on this forum for many years and 6 years ago I also used to think that @Slav Defence has perhaps some inclination towards Russia or something but then I became interested in chess and found out that Slav defence was actually a chess playing strategy.

At that time Christians came to learn science from Muslims, and relied on that to launch the European Renaissance, which heralded the end of the Islamic golden age, the reconquista, then colonization. History speaks....

When we unfortunately see today the state of the Muslim world. we want to cry.

At least we are not colonized anymore, I have a more optimistic perspective about current state of Muslim nations. It is true that some have become a failed states but majority of Muslim nations are still striving and developing. What we need to do is to use Jihad spirit to develop our nations economically, politically, and technologically. I believe 10 years from now we will become a formidable third power after NATO and China. A much better position then current one, inshaAllah.

Greetings everyone.

So I was having this conversation and it hit me; why are people's usernames what they are, I mean what happened? Why'd you choose this?

So, let's play this little game. Please tag someone and ask them; anyone who's username has intrigued you.

So I ask @Slav Defence and @TheEagle what's the story behind your usernames? Why'd you choose them?????
I just pick the nickname randomly, this would be my Third account on PDF , and 4th nick name :D

I chose Foxtrot Alpha because foxtrot alpha six was the code for breach in iris - a command post in Stargate command - a virtual military simulator .... Considering myself as first line of defence and doing best on Threat Assessment, code suits me.

Before this i had Evil Angel, as i can evil or an angel depending which side of the gun you stand....

I also earned a battle name during my service. I know what it feels like :)
I just pick the nickname randomly, this would be my Third account on PDF , and 4th nick name :D

I chose Foxtrot Alpha because foxtrot alpha six was the code for breach in iris - a command post in Stargate command - a virtual military simulator .... Considering myself as first line of defence and doing best on Threat Assessment, code suits me.

Before this i had Evil Angel, as i can evil or an angel depending which side of the gun you stand....

I just picked cookie monster at random...I didn't want my username to have any reference to my name, birthday, or anything attributed to me in any way shape or form. I like to keep my privacy.

Yes my brother, it was the golden age of Islam, the Islam of science and knowledge, in Morocco we say that at that time to learn the sciences you had to learn Arabic, like today we have to learn english.
In Andalusia alone, for 600 years Muslim scholars had revolutionized the sciences: medicine, geography, astronomy ... the era of Ibn Batouta, Ibn Roshd, Ibn Khaldoun and many others, Tarik Ibn Zayad who conquered the Muslim Spain. At that time Christians came to learn science from Muslims, and relied on that to launch the European Renaissance, which heralded the end of the Islamic golden age, the reconquista, then colonization. History speaks....

When we unfortunately see today the state of the Muslim world. we want to cry.

Yes, during those centuries we Muslims were leaders in creation and learning of knowledge. Now we are busy in measuring the length of our beards and the thickness of our burqas. :lol:

---

By the way, @jaibi created this thread for members to learn about the others' user-names but people are busy giving the meaning behind their own user-names. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom