What's new

Whatever

@villageidiot ... That thread got closed so you opened a new one where those who couldn't put their hissa in the 'kaar e khair' of bashing faujeets could do it there?!! Very smart of you :lol:

On a serious note, @Signalian is one of the best posters here on PDF... Most of us here had hitherto been ardent military supporters, but unlike Signalian (and a few others like @blain2 and @RescueRanger), our support was conditional (something even we ourselves didn't realize). But looking at how the much-justified criticism of the Army (for interfering in politics and use of violence against civilians for political ends, and suppressing dissent forcefully and illegally) has turned into unwarranted vitriol and 24/7 hate campaign unleashed against the Army, and after assessing its potential consequences, one could argue that Signalian and co. might not be entirely wrong after all

@-=virus=- @villageidiot @jamahir

Gadhapee.jpeg

@villageidiot ... That thread got closed so you opened a new one where those who couldn't put their hissa in the 'kaar e khair' of bashing faujeets could do it there?!! Very smart of you :lol:

On a serious note, @Signalian is one of the best posters here on PDF... Most of us here had hitherto been ardent military supporters, but unlike Signalian (and a few others like @blain2 and @RescueRanger), our support was conditional (something even we ourselves didn't realize). But looking at how the much-justified criticism of the Army (for interfering in politics and use of violence against civilians for political ends, and suppressing dissent forcefully and illegally) has turned into unwarranted vitriol and 24/7 hate campaign unleashed against the Army, and after assessing its potential consequences, one could argue that Signalian and co. might not be entirely wrong after all
Sarmad sahib,

Thank you for your view. Our issue has never been defending the army against what is rightly wrong on their part. 110% agreed on absolutely no room for army in politics, repression against civilians (fellow citizens) by khaki and political engineering whatsoever. I abhor all of this because it takes the army away from its professional taskings.

I have remained quiet for quite some time for above reasons and not because I am cowed down by a certain politically charged base (actually every time I come here with sympathy for IK, I am absolutely turned off by the crass and illogical nonsense by some in this crowd). However, as you have mentioned, everything should be measured. For good or bad, the army is "our" national army. The rank and file is all our own. You can critique it but not with constant railing against it with crass abuse on every thread. I come from a military family that is not comprised of *any* general officers, rather most retired after giving a good part of their lives in professional soldiering including my father who fought in 3 wars for Pakistan, none of which were of his own making. Yet, he answered the call by participating in one of the most difficult missions ever undertaken by the Pakistan Army in its entire history and this association with the army continues to this day with my younger family members now serving. None of them deserve the abuse that is heaped on the army here or elsewhere because I know of their motivation to serve the country. People here can claim all they want that the "abuse" is for "jernails" only but it isn't. It affects the rank and file all the same as no opportunity is wasted here to attack the army even when facts are twisted or are just plain wrong. Yet, not one of the members who engage in this, has the decency to admit and retract his false claims ever against the army. I can post countless examples of such ghattiya tactics but you can go to many threads in "Siyasat" to see this.

Secondly, and more importantly, there is no common courtesy here. Idiotic terms like "Pajeet/faujeet" and outright abuse pass as currency here against long time members just because politically we don't see eye to eye with a certain base.

I still consider all members here to be fellow Pakistanis and have not and will not reduce conversations to silly, immature name-calling and expect the same from others. Unfortunately, despite what you state above, most here will not heed your advice and the poisonous vitriol will continue unabated.

But, thank you in any case.

Last edited:
Secondly, and more importantly, there is no common courtesy here. Idiotic terms like "Pajeet/faujeet" and outright abuse pass as currency here against long time members just because politically we don't see eye to eye with a certain base.

I still consider all members here to be fellow Pakistanis and have not and will not reduce conversations to silly, immature name-calling and expect the same from others. Unfortunately, despite what you state above, most here will not heed your advice and the poisonous vitriol will continue unabated.

As a target since long here on PDF due to differences of views with such cultits here, I can testify to that. And I can also testify to the fact that while you and I have maintained our differences, our interactions have remained polite and substantive.

Please carry on Sir, as you are. As I will. :D

Back
Top Bottom