What's new

Whatever

ALLAH SWT has commanded in the Quran to give wives their due share of inheritance left by their deceased husbands.

So what if her husband goes missing and never returns for years? And if such issue arises it obviously gonna open a Pandora box of multiple legal questions including her or share of any other heirs in the lost husband's property.

Now can someone bypass the direct command of Allah Swt hiding behind qiyas and sanctity of saints to technically deprive/disqualify a wife from her share in inheritance by imposing a waiting period of 90-120 years while the wife is also entitled to take divorce any time even if her husband were to be with her ?

Would that person/ group be charged with conspiring to deprive/usurp the legal fiscal right of a lady besides trying to subvert the Scriptures like those Pharisees and saducees of Israelites or any other acts of human rights transgressions like habeas corpus etc if there act/s actually get materilsed ?

@Verve @I.R.A @Trango Towers @fitpositve

ALLAH SWT has commanded in the Quran to give wives their due share of inheritance left by their deceased husbands.

So what if her husband goes missing and never returns for years? And if such issue arises it obviously gonna open a Pandora box of multiple legal questions including her or share of any other heirs in the lost husband's property.

Now can someone bypass the direct command of Allah Swt hiding behind qiyas and sanctity of saints to technically deprive/disqualify a wife from her share in inheritance by imposing a waiting period of 90-120 years while the wife is also entitled to take divorce any time even if her husband were to be with her ?

Would that person/ group be charged with conspiring to deprive/usurp the legal fiscal right of a lady besides trying to subvert the Scriptures like those Pharisees and saducees of Israelites or any other acts of human rights transgressions like habeas corpus etc if there act/s actually get materilsed ?

I don't know why I am included in this? I don't need a molvi, pir, sheikh etc. Simple logic

You marry usually in your mid 20s if you wait 90 plus year you will 110 at the least. Who lives that long. This is simply stupid. Ignore.

Why focus on this when people here don't pray and don't even know the mean of the namaz in Arabic. Lean elementary stuff 1st then go to this extreme. Plus how many go missing? The stats are so small. Your focus is on the almost impossible rather than the norm.

Before all that Quran does mention about written will, if one reads it carefully and attentively one would understand that it is preferred to write it down and appoint witnesses. Why not be wise and realise that everyone has to die so write down what one wishes for his / her wealth to happen after them.

So what if her husband goes missing and never returns for years?

It totally depends on a woman, she may wait her whole life who knows. It is one's own decision how to coupe with that situation. In any case our society is not that liberal that they would marry a divorced or a widow even if she is without kids.

Aur bai no adult one can go missing that easily in today's world of watsapp and social media.

Phir bhi chalo A marriage is a contract between two consenting adult parties, if one goes missing for a long time without any trace, the other party can wait the iddat period and cancel the already null and void contract.

Bai g the average life these days is well below 120 or even 90. The reason I am strong advocate of ALLAH ka wasta hy kuch akal estimal karain aur apni zindagia aur dosroo ki zindagia ajj k daur k hisab say asan banain. ALLAH Pak nay yeh zindagi 90 saal ya 120 saal aik la pata shaks k intezar k liay nai di.

In the olden days ? Can she be deprived of her lawful inheritance in the guise of Adab of firqah/saints when Quran clearly directs otherwise?

For them is what they did and for us is what we do and will do.

What I have heard is something on the lines of max 4 months only. Honestly, I am reading this 90 / 120 years wait for the first time.

For them is what they did and for us is what we do and will do.

What I have heard is something on the lines of max 4 months only. Honestly, I am reading this 90 / 120 years wait for the first time.

Ahnaf came up with this idea but then abandoned it in favour of the Maliki one. But the my firqah my marzi segment likes to throw both the coinage and abandonment of it upon others as some sort of benign favour and not lunacy -------.

Ahnaf came up with this idea but then abandoned it in favour of the Maliki one. But the my firqah my marzi segment likes to throw both the coinage and abandonment of it upon others as some sort of benign favour and not lunacy -------.

"˹We˺ also ˹destroyed˺ Korah, Pharaoh, and Hamân. Indeed, Moses had come to them with clear proofs, but they behaved arrogantly in the land. Yet they could not escape ˹Us˺." 29:39

A wealthy capitalist, A God King and a high priest. Mentioned by their names and what was their end. Aren't we living in the same times of wealthy capitalists, corrupt rulers and ignorant stubborn clergy.

Jiss nay smjna hy wo smj lay ga jiss nay tamak toia karni hy wo ussi mashgalay may laga rahy ga.

Quite a lot of variables. Inheritance is at death only so I think the question is more on what should happen in the long absence (or for lack of death confirmation).

I am of the view that the assets should be utilised for maintenance of the wife and heirs at the very least. Maintenance duties are of a living husband/father and if assumption is that he is alive, then those assets should be utilised or sold (if need be) for maintenance purposes.

In today's world, gazette notifications (with a small slot of media?) should be published by the state (& family members?) with name and picture of the missing husband stating that if the person is alive he should make himself known to authorities otherwise the assets would be liquidated and distributed as per inheritance laws after a certain time. Set a reasonable timeline, but what would be reasonable - 2 years, 3 years? 90-120 years is just ridiculous ..

I favour state taking over the assets for maintenance duties and then division if the missing person doesn't return in the timeframe (thus declaring him dead).

As long as the public is made aware of this law (with a central database of missing on the net for all to access), which I do not think would clash with Shariah Law (ignore what the so called saints babays etc say), then those willingly missing would have no come back. Heirs can look after him if he returns.

Do we have no examples in Hadith, specifically during Khulfa-e-Rashideen's time? Time to read the Hadith on inheritance.

Last edited:
How accurate is this - Especially About current dispensation.

@Jungibaaz @SQ8
It’s somewhere in the middle - Sethi is connected but as of late his connections aren’t in power so the rumor mill has lost its accuracy.

Based on Grinding chaff from his mill and my own my suspicions are that the head honchos in the establishment may be rethinking IK but are wary of who they bring back from the usual lot. There us a -1 solution being thought up with Shehbaz Sharif while sidelining Nawaz’s bloodline.
However, the popular government sethi talks about is related to Nawaz and that is not acceptable to the establishment unless certain guarantees are provided.

We may see some sort of shuffling attempt next year and a popular coalition emerging with a -1 Imran Khan solution in the sense that he gets relegated to figurehead(which he should have been anyway).

The bigger concern is the apathy that is now emerging within the educated middle class who are either hyper focused on exodus from Pakistan or in open rebellion against this government and the establishment - this was the primary supporter of PTI in the urban environment so having lost them it is likely not going to remain in power for long unless it rebrands by some miracle.

It’s somewhere in the middle - Sethi is connected but as of late his connections aren’t in power so the rumor mill has lost its accuracy.

Based on Grinding chaff from his mill and my own my suspicions are that the head honchos in the establishment may be rethinking IK but are wary of who they bring back from the usual lot. There us a -1 solution being thought up with Shehbaz Sharif while sidelining Nawaz’s bloodline.
However, the popular government sethi talks about is related to Nawaz and that is not acceptable to the establishment unless certain guarantees are provided.

We may see some sort of shuffling attempt next year and a popular coalition emerging with a -1 Imran Khan solution in the sense that he gets relegated to figurehead(which he should have been anyway).

The bigger concern is the apathy that is now emerging within the educated middle class who are either hyper focused on exodus from Pakistan or in open rebellion against this government and the establishment - this was the primary supporter of PTI in the urban environment so having lost them it is likely not going to remain in power for long unless it rebrands by some miracle.
Wow, eye-opening. The usual rhetoric on the forum alluded to more of a Dominance of IK for years to come. One key thing is IK there and Modi here leaves no options for normalization, but a Sharif with the backing of the establishment might be a bit different. How are Shahbaz Sharif's relations with GHQ.

Wow, eye-opening. The usual rhetoric on the forum alluded to more of a Dominance of IK for years to come. One key thing is IK there and Modi here leaves no options for normalization, but a Sharif with the backing of the establishment might be a bit different. How are Shahbaz Sharif's relations with GHQ.
The rhetoric on the forum and IK's support base online can be very misleading. Anyway, I agree with SQ8's view. Sethi is right about issues between the establishment and IK, but the alternatives are not straight forward. The establishment might not be able to stomach IK much longer, but Nawaz is still persona non grata for them. So even if -1 becomes a serious agenda, the way forward is complicated. PTI without IK would basically be a husk of its former self and would probably become another Q league of establishment cronies. PPP cannot govern alone and can't govern for long, their numbers don't add up. A central government can only really exist in one of three states: 1) PMLN government, 2) PTI + current allies majority, 3) a monstrous mix of ex-PTI or minus IK PTI + PPP + Q league + whoever else. Option one is a bitter pill for the establishment, option two has become very problematic, and option three is an extremely weak and temporary one.

Sethi is predicting an end to IK in 2022, maybe his sources tell him that some solution between the PMLN and the army has been found? In truth, as long as a solution is found, the Imran Khan government could collapse overnight. All they need is one vote of no confidence, one failure in parliament like the minibudget. Already PTI members are running around asking the old parties for a possible parachute should their ship begin to sink.

But if Imran Khan gets a whiff of a thickening plot against him, he has a few nuclear options up us sleeve. He could dissolve the assembly, he could even move to sack the COAS (a la Jahangir Karamat) and replace him with a more pliant individual, history proves this latter option to be disastrous, ever attempt and bringing a pliant COAS has resulted in a coup or some sort of plot to undermine the PM's seat.

On Shehbaz Sharif, he's more cosy with the GHQ, and they don't object to him nearly as much as they do to Nawaz and Maryam. So if a deal is worked out between PMLN and the army, it could well be that Nawaz stays out of power, Maryam ditto, and Shehbaz takes the reigns. How viable this is, and will Nawaz actually keep his nose out of power? Seems unlikely and only temporary to me. Also, it's not just the establishment asking for guarantees, the opposition are also stating what their requirements are.

I'd much prefer it if they stop picking favourites, head back to the barracks and let the politicians do the politicking. All we've had since 1958 is one failed experiment after another.

Last edited:
Not really - if you haven’t observed the rhetoric changed due to the government policies being unpopular( due to being public) and essentially providing the target for actions that were bound to happen. Pakistan is bound to fail financially or put in drastic measures, it is bound to bend to extremists or have another mini-civil war to wipe them all out.. but whichever party is in power will either have to put these harsh measures into affect or delay them long enough to make money and pass it on. That is what PML(N) and PPP do with their smart politics but PTI is inept at this game. At the same time the other brokers (establishment and judiciary) in the room cannot lose their faces or their roles in everything where corruption has occurred get exposed.

So it is likely that Pakistan will return to its musical chairs politics with @Jungibaaz pointed out PML(Q) being replaced/augmented with the PTI and the country pushed forward just enough.. so that this elite circle of generals, feudals, industrialists and mullahs can continue their balancing act and continue to fill their pockets. Their greatest hurdle lies in changing geopolitical environments and its acceptance of this system so they are adjusting their calculations on how to let the middle class barely survive while counting on them to keep both the country moving and the poor fed and churning. It is almost like the squid game in a way where the VIPs control the game but also play within it at times to keep it going and the impression that they care alive as well.

But I dither - for the most part we are likely to see a weakened PTI government this year until either they find some miracle to reduce the burden on the population or they are moved out and replaced with a weak opposition coalition.
Frankly, this is exactly what Yahya Khan and that establishment wanted in terms of an effective political stalemate where they could “rule it for a 1000 years” - words attributed to him. Yahya’s fault was the he was trying to rule in the spotlight and that lesson has been learnt.

Back
Top Bottom