What's new

Whatever

@masterchief_mirza i thought it best to continue it here - why o why do they change their names to harpeet to Harry or Miyank to Mikey? Do they hate their heritage so much that a name change is applicable? I am intrigued to know the answer
It's a soft remnant of colonialism I would argue.

However, it is statistically proven that simply having an anglicised name improves employability prospects in UK, with the CVs controlled to be identical in all other respects.

In fact, repeated studies have shown that.

However, it is statistically proven that simply having an anglicised name improves employability prospects in UK, with the CVs controlled to be identical in all other respects.

I thing your bang on the mark.

BTW - quote for palisade fencing 15k plus vat - 140 metres - starting next week

@Indos

What is the belief of Jinns/ghost/demons etc in Indonesia? An acquaintance of mine visited Indonesia a while back (was in a sub-urban area I believe), at night time he called me scared out of his head saying the place he is living in is haunted. He said he was told there are many areas in Indonesia such things occur. How true is this? Have you had any such experiences there? Interestingly, he is not even a religious person (he is agnostic) thus I found it very strange how he was behaving that way.

@Indos

What is the belief of Jinns/ghost/demons etc in Indonesia? An acquaintance of mine visited Indonesia a while back (was in a sub-urban area I believe), at night time he called me scared out of his head saying the place he is living in is haunted. He said he was told there are many areas in Indonesia such things occur. How true is this? Have you had any such experiences there? Interestingly, he is not even a religious person (he is agnostic) thus I found it very strange how he was behaving that way.

Well in Indonesia people like to listen to such story, similar like how many people who like horror movie. There is segment in our society who like to hear some thing like that, and it is why there are people benefiting from such thing and then start to make Youtube channel which focuses on such story.

Here is this women and her team (one of them is her husband) who visited many haunted places in Indonesia. Just several days ago she posted the video and she already got around 2.5 million viewer.

The belief is inline with Islamic belief that there is Jinns living in the earth. I was the guy who like to watch horror and several years ago there were radio who have such program and they always bring people who have deep knowledge about it, some of them are actually doing sirk and it is why IMO the radio stopped doing such program anymore. They tried to bring Jinns to the listener homes. Actually I used to hear someone knocking my room wall at night although I believe no one did that. But I am not afraid. According to the expert on the radio, there is one specialized Jinn who like to knock on the wall.

My oldest brother wife also used to get possessed by Jinns in her early married with my brother. One way to get rid it is to convince her that Allah is the strongest and believers should not be afraid of such thing. After I am able to convince her, she doesnt experience such thing anymore until now.

Post from locked thread

I have witnessed indians on PDF claiming to be expert authorities on the heritage and racial origins of Pakistani people. A lot of them even claimed that Pakistanis are exactly the same as indians apart from religion, i.e. they are insinuating that us Pakistanis are indian Muslims........:disagree:When I presented the genetic and anthropological evidence which proves that Pakistanis are racially different to indians, I have been met which a tirade of anti-Pakistani and anti-Muslim racial abuse............:disagree:

It prevents them from the theft of our ancient history, which they have been relishing in for almost 72 years without any organized response from Pakistan, until now.

Imran Khan is doing his part to promote to proper understanding of historical Pakistan.

As you can see, Indians rely on obfuscation and sly remarks to deny the identity of Pakistan and to deny the right of Pakistanis to frame their own identity.

India is nothing but a neo-colonial state which is practicing the same sort of rhetoric which the British engaged in to deny the voice of minorities or enemy states like Pakistan.

Are you implying that these persons are any less Muslim than you just because they side with the Indian State?

That's a nonsense logic. There are 55 Muslim majority countries in the world, and India only has problems with Pakistan (Not excusing any blame for the Indian State, it has its share of demons).

Dude, I have lived in Muslim majority countries? You need to have a balanced perspective, and change this wrong mindset that all Indians have a genocidal outlook towards Pakistanis. It's not true.

You have too much xenophobia towards Indians. We are here to help you precisely overcome these bad feelings. Discuss everything about what made you feel this way, I am a patient listener.

Indians have been using the excuse that SRK is wealthy and successful to try to portray that there are no problems among Indian Muslims in India. This is disingenuous.

You have to see that what pakistanforever and others are saying in this thread is not some minor view among Pakistanis.

For example, the notion that Pakistanis are racially and culturally different from Indians (aside from immigrants) is not anything new among Pakistanis. This point of view was the reason for the founding of Pakistan to begin with.

Let me give you an example, if you told a Kashmiri, Punjabi, or Pukhtoon that he is Indian, you better get ready to run really fast. :lol:

We have many old jokes about this in Pakistan. I can share them at a later date.

Look i am not doing it on purpose. Maybe subconsciously i am still mad about what happened. Now i am not satisfied with my relationship at all. Besides, why are you being so sensitive? I didn't disrespect you like that. Besides read my posts, I also haze all other countries.

Listen, Pakistanis are like an alien nation to SL. We have almost nothing in common.

We only had good relations in the past, but I still found many SL Non-Muslims have negative views about us. Is it Indian pripaganda or do you have problems with Muslims in SL and extrapolate?

Well in Indonesia people like to listen to such story, similar like how many people who like horror movie. There is segment in our society who like to hear some thing like that, and it is why there are people benefiting from such thing and then start to make Youtube channel which focuses on such story.

Here is this women and her team (one of them is her husband) who visited many haunted places in Indonesia. Just several days ago she posted the video and she already got around 2.5 million viewer.

The belief is inline with Islamic belief that there is Jinns living in the earth. I was the guy who like to watch horror and several years ago there were radio who have such program and they always bring people who have deep knowledge about it, some of them are actually doing sirk and it is why IMO the radio stopped doing such program anymore. They tried to bring Jinns to the listener homes. Actually I used to hear someone knocking my room wall at night although I believe no one did that. But I am not afraid. According to the expert on the radio, there is one specialized Jinn who like to knock on the wall.

My oldest brother wife also used to get possessed by Jinns in her early married with my brother. One way to get rid it is to convince her that Allah is the strongest and believers should not be afraid of such thing. After I am able to convince her, she doesnt experience such thing anymore until now.

It is the same in Pakistan. I have actually done exorcism too.

There are many Pakistanis and Arabs who do the same in the US. Mo, Sam, Rick, Terry are common names that are used. I presume the same is in the UK as well.

There are many Pakistanis and Arabs who do the same in the US. Mo, Sam, Rick, Terry are common names that are used. I presume the same is in the UK as well.

Yes Arabs do it often, but it is hard to hide their accent. Also the still speak Arabic very loud in public and frighten whites, lol.

Pakistanis, very much less so, although there are a few uncles. Although we are very open about our Islamic identity and also as loud as Arabs on the phone. :lol:

I have seen more timid, soft minorities like Chinese, Korean, BD, Indonesian, Malay which try to adopt Western names and not draw attention.

"Mo" makes me vomit. I can perhaps understand some names being obscure or hard to pronounce. But Mohammed is not an obscure name. Indeed, it is consistently the most common baby name in the world. Moreover, contracting it to "Mo" infers zero "cv advantage" because everyone knows what it's short for!

"Mo" makes me vomit. I can perhaps understand some names being obscure or hard to pronounce. But Mohammed is not an obscure name. Indeed, it is consistently the most common baby name in the world. Moreover, contracting it to "Mo" infers zero "cv advantage" because everyone knows what it's short for!

The resume (that's what we call it here) with a white name advantage is a fact.

One of my friends submitted two different resumes (the exact same credentials) with his original Pakistani name and a white name. The calls under the white name were a 500 to 1 ratio.

The resume (that's what we call it here) with a white name advantage is a fact.

One of my friends submitted two different resumes (the exact same credentials) with his original Pakistani name and a white name. The calls under the white name were a 500 to 1 ratio.
More surprising is that you have a Pakistani friend

Did you read an article or a study about this or you know this from personal observation ?

Observation from Hollywood. Some example Vanessa Carlton, Jodie Foster, Kristen Steward, Amber Heard.

Last edited:
Post from locked thread

It prevents them from the theft of our ancient history, which they have been relishing in for almost 72 years without any organized response from Pakistan, until now.

Imran Khan is doing his part to promote to proper understanding of historical Pakistan.

As you can see, Indians rely on obfuscation and sly remarks to deny the identity of Pakistan and to deny the right of Pakistanis to frame their own identity.

India is nothing but a neo-colonial state which is practicing the same sort of rhetoric which the British engaged in to deny the voice of minorities or enemy states like Pakistan.

Indians have been using the excuse that SRK is wealthy and successful to try to portray that there are no problems among Indian Muslims in India. This is disingenuous.

You have to see that what pakistanforever and others are saying in this thread is not some minor view among Pakistanis.

For example, the notion that Pakistanis are racially and culturally different from Indians (aside from immigrants) is not anything new among Pakistanis. This point of view was the reason for the founding of Pakistan to begin with.

Let me give you an example, if you told a Kashmiri, Punjabi, or Pukhtoon that he is Indian, you better get ready to run really fast. :lol:

We have many old jokes about this in Pakistan. I can share them at a later date.

Listen, Pakistanis are like an alien nation to SL. We have almost nothing in common.

We only had good relations in the past, but I still found many SL Non-Muslims have negative views about us. Is it Indian pripaganda or do you have problems with Muslims in SL and extrapolate?

It is the same in Pakistan. I have actually done exorcism too.

I have noticed that when Pakistanis promote Islam, our unique racial and cultural heritage, indians get triggered and start hurling racial and Islamaphobic abuse. We Pakistsnis have no problem with indians claiming that they are a different race, culture, people and genetic group to Pakistani people yet indians have a problem when Pakistanis say exactly the same regarding indian people. Never understood that..........:disagree:

LOLOLOL you realise that SL and Maldives are the only country in south asia with decent standard of living? You really think we want to associate ourselves with you? Not one person in SL wants to do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom