What's new

Whatever

Hey, what's wrong? I've always been fond of you, even back in your R days, and that hasn't changed. Was it the status thing? That's for my blacklist; I have an Indian blacklist, a Pakistani blacklist and a white list for both. I don't have any for the others.

As far as you are concerned, I don't know if you know, but many Indian members are quite fond of you, and know that you only resent the kind of twit that makes us skulk around trying not to be noticed. Not all Indians are bhakts, not all Indians are Sanghis.

You're all right, Jack.

I don't know what caused you to react like that, but snap out of it.

A lot of people that react to me these days are multiple ID members that I know straight off the bat. I choose to not say anything. Even the most hateful things I can come up with are no longer taken seriously by these people, so what can I say? I don't like India, and there are very few Indians that I personally like. You are one of them sir. Take it in a good way or negative way. It is what it is. I'm here. If they ban this account of mine, I doubt I'll come back with another. I guess I've grown too old to care anymore. :lol:

A lot of people that react to me these days are multiple ID members that I know straight off the bat. I choose to not say anything. Even the most hateful things I can come up with are no longer taken seriously by these people, so what can I say? I don't like India, and there are very few Indians that I personally like. You are one of them sir. Take it in a good way or negative way. It is what it is. I'm here. If they ban this account of mine, I doubt I'll come back with another. I guess I've grown too old to care anymore. :lol:

Something's happened; this is not you. Just calm down and take it easy. Don't waste time on the multiple ID parasites, they're just that, parasites.

Really worrying to see you in this mood. Not good, not at all good. I'm mailing you separately.

Something's happened; this is not you. Just calm down and take it easy. Don't waste time on the multiple ID parasites, they're just that, parasites.

Really worrying to see you in this mood. Not good, not at all good. I'm mailing you separately.
I'm fine man. I just messaged you while perhaps reflecting on my time on Pdf. It's funny how time flies. :lol:

I'm fine. I will be giving mother india gaalis in 5 minutes from now. So don't worry. :lol:

The pleasure/happiness gap
Pleasure is short-term, addictive and selfish. It's taken, not given. It works on dopamine.

Happiness is long-term, additive and generous. It's giving, not taking. It works on serotonin.

This is not merely simple semantics. It's a fundamental difference in our brain wiring. Pleasure and happiness feel like they are substitutes for each other, different ways of getting the same thing. But they're not. Instead, they are things that are possible to get confused about in the short run, but in the long run, they couldn't be more different.

Both are cultural constructs. Both respond not only to direct, physical inputs (chemicals, illness) but more and more, to cultural ones, to the noise of comparisons and narratives.

Marketers usually sell pleasure. That's a shortcut to easy, repeated revenue. Getting someone hooked on the hit that comes from caffeine, tobacco, video or sugar is a business model. Lately, social media is using dopamine hits around fear and anger and short-term connection to build a new sort of addiction.

On the other hand, happiness is something that's difficult to purchase. It requires more patience, more planning and more confidence. It's possible to find happiness in the unhurried child's view of the world, but we're more likely to find it with a mature, mindful series of choices, most of which have to do with seeking out connection and generosity and avoiding the short-term dopamine hits of marketed pleasure.

More than ever before, we control our brains by controlling what we put into them. Choosing the media, the interactions, the stories and the substances we ingest changes what we experience. These inputs lead us to have a narrative, one that's supported by our craving for dopamine and the stories we tell ourselves. How could it be any other way?

Scratching an itch is a route to pleasure. Learning to productively live with an itch is part of happiness.

Perhaps we can do some hard work and choose happiness.

Okay @Joe Shearer @django @Chinese-Dragon @grey boy 2 @Vergennes @PAKISTANFOREVER @Talwar e Pakistan @El Sidd @Levina @Khafee @Sandman @Zibago @xenon54 and many, many, many others whose names I can't remember all the best. I have changed my password to random numbers so I can't get back here easily. This amounts to losing the key. Once I sign out I should think this will keep me away from here.

What contribution did I make here? Probably not much. I hope though that the term I copyrighted "Ganga-desh" gains currency.
You were by far my most favorite member here and I always looked forward to your posts. You underestimate your contributions. I hope you rethink and stay.

Okay @Joe Shearer @django @Chinese-Dragon @grey boy 2 @Vergennes @PAKISTANFOREVER @Talwar e Pakistan @El Sidd @Levina @Khafee @Sandman @Zibago @xenon54 and many, many, many others whose names I can't remember all the best. I have changed my password to random numbers so I can't get back here easily. This amounts to losing the key. Once I sign out I should think this will keep me away from here.

What contribution did I make here? Probably not much. I hope though that the term I copyrighted "Ganga-desh" gains currency.
What no come back always loved your posts as to which way Pakistan should move :( will always hope to see you back soon
@Hell hound

IMG_20171019_101817.jpeg

Happy Diwali to people of the Hindu faith. Peace and tranquillity.

Didn't get the notification on-time. But why?
cz u banned me and warned me for no good reason:sick:, i never go offtopic but i always reply to others and when ever i comment on any thread people go off topic with me and getting personal i just reply to them:blah::argh:

Back
Top Bottom