What's new

Whatever

@Nilgiri @Psychic @The Sandman

The fact is, because there is a limited supply of resources, humanity must be a K-selecting species. That means competing for resources is necessary for our survival. And because of that, we need to form collective packs founded on mutual aid in order to compete for said resources. This is why we have tribes. Those tribes form nations, and those nations draw borders in order to allocate their share of the limited resources. Since not everyone can directly gather every single resource for themselves, someone has to decide how the tribe will gather and distribute their resources. This is one of the reasons we have government, to manage resource acquisition and allocation. Whether or not there’s a better solution than government is debatable, but the whole matter is much more complex than “man, why can’t we all just share?” And one of the historical problems is that the larger the tribe becomes, the more difficult it is to efficiently allocate resources for everyone. Large-scale management requires more complex logistics systems. If suddenly we all came together in one global organization, managing everything would be a fucking nightmare.
A Very interesting post the guy makes some good points too. :tup:
@Hell hound @django @Arsalan @Zibago

A Very interesting post the guy makes some good points too. :tup:
@Hell hound @django @Arsalan @Zibago
This is why I believe Fascism is a realistic ideology, bound in human nature and working with it and for it rather than against it.

"To know men one must know man; and to know man one must be acquainted with reality and its laws. There can be no conception of the State which is not fundamentally a conception of life: philosophy or intuition, system of ideas evolving within the framework of logic or concentrated in a vision or a faith, but always, at least potentially, an organic conception of the world."

"Fascism sees in the world not only those superficial, material aspects in which man appears as an individual, standing by himself, self-centered, subject to natural law, which instinctively urges him toward a life of selfish momentary pleasure; it sees not only the individual but the nation and the country; individuals and generations bound together by a moral law, with common traditions and a mission which suppressing the instinct for life closed in a brief circle of pleasure, builds up a higher life, founded on duty, a life free from the limitations of time and space, in which the individual, by self-sacrifice, the renunciation of self-interest, by death itself, can achieve that purely spiritual existence in which his value as a man consists."

"Fascism wants man to be active and to engage in action with all his energies; it wants him to be manfully aware of the difficulties besetting him and ready to face them. It conceives of life as a struggle in which it behooves a man to win for himself a really worthy place, first of all by fitting himself (physically, morally, intellectually) to become the implement required for winning it. As for the individual, so for the nation, and so for mankind (4). Hence the high value of culture in all its forms (artistic, religious, scientific) (5) and the outstanding importance of education. Hence also the essential value of work, by which man subjugates nature and creates the human world (economic, political, ethical, and intellectual)."

Long essay but we'll worth the read @Nilgiri @Psychic
The Doctrine of Fascism - Benito Mussolini

Whereas Marxism (it's inevitable manifestation being Communist failures of the past) and Liberalism (it's inevitable manifestation being International Finance Capitalism) both have a very materialistic outlook on life and world history.

Last edited:
This is matter of observation my friend , how many times you have seen Anti Assad or Houthies stuff on Pakistani Media , my computer is right next to my TV and thanks to my Abba who always watch news i have to watch every Talk show even if i like or not, and i hardly see our Media against it .. and he is exactly mentioning the same thing, just as our journalist criticize the the GCC they don't do other wise with Iranians , there is not just lobby for Iran , there is a huge and powerful lobby for GCC in our media .. my friends are in media , i have studied with many who are working for different channels today ..
Hold on.. you are mixing up things here.

Pak media does report about air strikes,killings in Syria.. and some important news about hothis (whom nobody reports about even in KSA).

Screw that how much does Pak media cover Central Asia or troubles in South China Sea? Or even rohingya issue?

There is little coverage because we don't have a dog in those fights!

You won't see brunei covering Pak extensively either.. nor can't you blame em for being pro India coz of it!

Our journalists don't criticise "arabs" it criticises Pak leaders who issue them illegal license for their own benefits!

Different thing completely !

as for Qatari hunting , you know our politicians , they are powerful in Pakistan, they are above law here and so its irrelevant that anything happen to them .. not to mentioned that media is divided on Corruption as well .

So can you blame the evil "Shias" for controlling media here too?

I use it as example brother, what my point was that Just because US use these Journalists to promote their POV here in Pakistan down the Media to keep people minds set on , its same what Iranians and saudi/GCC do ..
US fund to push their agenda , rest do the same .. that is what lobbying is but yes i never see Pro Iranian propaganda openly pushing down our throats in Pakistani media so i give it that ..
See your are contradicting yourself.

I wish i can, share what my Shia friends has to write about Pakistan .. but that is not i can do , they are my friends but anyone talk shit to Pakistan and Promote Iran and pretend it far greater than my country than i have right to suspect his/her loyalty to Pakistan ..
Try looking at BATMAN's" posting .. same thing.. exactly the same thing..
He'd murder you for even criticising KSA .. infact I've seen him talk trash about his own country in order to praise KSA ...

So as I said.. it's a 2 way street .. ain't it?

hell yeah bro, i am repeatedly called American pitto and mock as one , but yeah you can better hit your head against the wall rather than having a debate with such wildlings haha
Which is wrong ? As in the case here!

Hold on.. you are mixing up things here.

Pak media does report about air strikes,killings in Syria.. and some important news about hothis (whom nobody reports about even in KSA).

Screw that how much does Pak media cover Central Asia or troubles in South China Sea? Or even rohingya issue?

There is little coverage because we don't have a dog in those fights!

You won't see brunei covering Pak extensively either.. nor can't you blame em for being pro India coz of it!

Our journalists don't criticise "arabs" it criticises Pak leaders who issue them illegal license for their own benefits!

Different thing completely !

depends on how you want to see it , lots of people here in Pakistan see Shia as victims which they are to me as well, but its the same thing as Muslims want to be seen as Victims too , but we can not deny that some Muslims has done evil things in West ..

and our journalist do criticize Arabs extensively if you follow up talk shows .. in fact the meeting with Trump was criticized very heavily by our Media some took it positively some took it negatively ..

So can you blame the evil "Shias" for controlling media here too?

I am not blaming any Particular party to control our Media , its just matter who place the highest bid ..
and their names matter a lot in Media Industry ..

See your are contradicting yourself.

how brother ?

Try looking at BATMAN's" posting .. same thing.. exactly the same thing..
He'd murder you for even criticising KSA .. infact I've seen him talk trash about his own country in order to praise KSA ...

So as I said.. it's a 2 way street .. ain't it?

he is on my Ignore list for the very reason you mentioned ..
and i agree its a two way streets bro, that is why i was standing up with SYA as he did not promote any hate against the Shia community in general ..

Which is wrong ? As in the case here!

well he is wrong to declare everyone who is pro Iran as Iranian Pitto , as much as any Shia is wrong to call any KSA support as Saudi Slave ..

Ah, best of luck to your sister. What's her MBTI type?

You might as well come clean and call it pseudoscience, you won't be the first INTP to tell me that. :D Anyway, what do you think of Dawkins' concept of the selfish gene?

Moving the convo to this thread (before we swamp the music thread with non music stuff ;) )

She is ESFJ I believe, exact mirror opposite of me lulz... problem is she over-relies on others (to be good, have her best interests etc) way too much (and seems completely oblivious to how to prioritise these social relationships in the first place)...so she has gotten hurt a lot because she lets herself get that hurt about all kinds of trivial things (and she sunk into an emotional crater about a year to 2 years ago), she is still recovering from that stuff, so I don't know extent to which MBTI strictly fits her right now. I'm trying my best to get her to be more responsible and balanced without trying to overdo it (because she is quick to anger now), but its a long process man. Thats why a job and control of her finances by herself is important I feel...idle hands and mind are not good for her...even in short period of time. Long story and I find it ironic she is in psych field herself heh.

As for selfish gene theory, I would overall agree it is probably a strong driver...but I don't think its an exclusive one. Where it lies exactly prevalence wise in the evolution process needs much more objective investigation...probably going to take a very long time.

Moving the convo to this thread (before we swamp the music thread with non music stuff ;) )

She is ESFJ I believe, exact mirror opposite of me lulz... problem is she over-relies on others (to be good, have her best interests etc) way too much (and seems completely oblivious to how to prioritise these social relationships in the first place)...so she has gotten hurt a lot because she lets herself get that hurt about all kinds of trivial things (and she sunk into an emotional crater about a year to 2 years ago), she is still recovering from that stuff, so I don't know extent to which MBTI strictly fits her right now. I'm trying my best to get her to be more responsible and balanced without trying to overdo it (because she is quick to anger now), but its a long process man. Thats why a job and control of her finances by herself is important I feel...idle hands and mind are not good for her...even in short period of time. Long story and I find it ironic she is in psych field herself heh.

As for selfish gene theory, I would overall agree it is probably a strong driver...but I don't think its an exclusive one. Where it lies exactly prevalence wise in the evolution process needs much more objective investigation...probably going to take a very long time.
The way I see it, she is only half-suited for a career in psychology. Empaths do well in healthcare but to be good at psychology one has to be an intuitive type. It is all very theoretical and ESFJs have a preference for concrete stuff. What made her go for it in the first place? Haven't seen any sensation types taking interest in psychology. Are you sure she's not an ENFJ like our Joe?

A strong driver of what? Specie survival or morality?

The way I see it, she is only half-suited for a career in psychology. Empaths do well in healthcare but to be good at psychology one has to be an intuitive type. It is all very theoretical and ESFJs have a preference for concrete stuff. What made her go for it in the first place? Haven't seen any sensation types taking interest in psychology. Are you sure she's not an ENFJ like our Joe?

A strong driver of what? Specie survival or morality?

a) Its probably why she is now orienting towards human resource management rather than pursuing the strict medicine/analysis part of it. This degree was really more to open doors rather than pursue strictly as an end in itself career wise. She could be turning into an ENFJ over time, I just remember her more from earlier.

b) Species survival. I think morality wise its much more nuanced...i.e is nature inherently moral? Its another question to me given you need to define "nature" and "morals" and specifically in relative terms if you blank out an absolute morality (a godhead or supernatural force normally).

a) Its probably why she is now orienting towards human resource management rather than pursuing the strict medicine/analysis part of it. This degree was really more to open doors rather than pursue strictly as an end in itself career wise. She could be turning into an ENFJ over time, I just remember her more from earlier.

b) Species survival. I think morality wise its much more nuanced...i.e is nature inherently moral? Its another question to me given you need to define "nature" and "morals" and specifically in relative terms if you blank out an absolute morality (a godhead or supernatural force normally).
According to Jung, an Intuitive type can never grow into a Sensation type or vice versa. It is very easy for Intuitive types to tell Sensation types from their own kind. Their communication style is concrete, it based on what is, instead of what could be, which is the case for intuitive like you and me. I can guarantee you that you will never get along very well with a Sensation type. I'll bet all your good friends are capable of having a theoretical conversation and have active imaginations. Look at all your friends on PDF, they are all Intuitives i.e. INTJ (Jungibaaz), INFJ (me), and ENFJ (Joe). That is because we like to talk about theoretical stuff and concrete topics are too devoid of imagination for us. Dr Kersey's temperaments explain it rather nicely. HR seems like a good choice, I bid her good luck.

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

Ok, I am running out of my metaphysical batteries. Take care.

According to Jung, an Intuitive type can never grow into a Sensation type or vice versa. It is very easy for Intuitive types to tell Sensation types from their own kind. Their communication style is concrete, it based on what is, instead of what could be, which is the case for intuitive like you and me. I can guarantee you that you will never get along very well with a Sensation type. I'll bet all your good friends are capable of having a theoretical conversation and have active imaginations. Look at all your friends on PDF, they are all Intuitives i.e. INTJ (Jungibaaz), INFJ (me), and ENFJ (Joe). That is because we like to talk about theoretical stuff and concrete topics are too devoid of imagination for us. Dr Kersey's temperaments explain it rather nicely. HR seems like a good choice, I bid her good luck.

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

Ok, I am running out of my metaphysical batteries. Take care.

Like I said you are the expert hehe. I actually have to ask my sis what her exact classification is/was....that was just my best guess on it :P (had to look it up again).

Like I said you are the expert hehe. I actually have to ask my sis what her exact classification is/was....that was just my best guess on it :P (had to look it up again).
My father is is an ESTP, my complete opposite. Exact same functions but in opposite order. I'll give you a little dating advice if you'd care for some. Your soulmate will have the same functions as you but will have opposite (Extrovert-Introvert) orientations. An INTP's (Introverted Thinking - Extroverted Intuition - Introverted Sensing - Extroverted Feeling) soul mate will be an ENTJ (Extroverted Thinking - Introverted Intuition - Extroverted Sensing - Introverted Feeling). Notice that the functions are same but have opposite orientations. Similarly, INFJs and ENFPs are soulmates to one another. The attraction comes naturally when such a pairing is made.

Last edited:
Ha! Then you my friend have indeed known love! Are you guys still together? :P

Of course, have been together for few years now and we talk about where we go from here esp when gazing at the stars hehe (i do lots of astrophotography as hobby) ...but pretty sure she's the one!

Of course, have been together for few years now and we talk about where we go from here esp when gazing at the stars hehe (i do lots of astrophotography as hobby) ...but pretty sure she's the one!
She is She is! INTP-ENTJ = NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT! Look you've good me all excited.

Similarly: INFJ-ENFP = Romanticism/Imagination overloaded!

Back
Top Bottom