What's new

Whatever

Huge admirer of Madam Hahn here! Specially her Bach pieces. Didn't know you listened to classical music.

You know, She has one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen.

I'm crazy about it. Listen to it all the time, especially when I'm on downers. My favourite is opera; may I put in, for you to understand how deranged a person you are speaking to, a favourite aria? It's not very musical, but it's very I.

I'm crazy about it. Listen to it all the time, especially when I'm on downers. My favourite is opera; may I put in, for you to understand how deranged a person you are speaking to, a favourite aria? It's not very musical, but it's very I.
I'd be delighted.

@WebMaster I wanted to make a thread, how do I do that?
Tch tch.

I'd be delighted.

Tch tch.

This is Lucia Popp (there are later singers, but I love this version, she is so unhurried and crystal clear) singing Der Hoelle Rache, from Die Zauberfloete. You probably know already, but this is that stunning scene when the Queen of the Night suddenly materialises and tells her daughter, Pamina, pressing a knife into her unwilling hands, that she is to kill Zarastro, or cease to be her daughter forever. Mozart wrote this in F, one above high C, for his sister-in-law, Josefa, who apparently needed little help to sing this appallingly difficult part. For sheer, chilling drama and molten terror, this aria has few equals.

This is Lucia Popp (there are later singers, but I love this version, she is so unhurried and crystal clear) singing Der Hoelle Rache, from Die Zauberfloete. You probably know already, but this is that stunning scene when the Queen of the Night suddenly materialises and tells her daughter, Pamina, pressing a knife into her unwilling hands, that she is to kill Zarastro, or cease to be her daughter forever. Mozart wrote this in F, one above high C, for his sister-in-law, Josefa, who apparently needed little help to sing this appallingly difficult part. For sheer, chilling drama and molten terror, this aria has few equals.

Haven't yet developed a taste for Operas. Maybe I need to learn German and Italian. Would love to understand Bach's passions and maybe that'll inspire me.

how do i find movie thread.. rampi help mi.. :)
ps: I got boobs too
:lol:

I just did some digging (Which BTW took much more effort and I did it despite your posts being such a turn-on) and I don't think that there is such a thread. @Manticore Do we have a movie thread?

How's our militant feminist doing? :P

Go to the appropriate section and click on the Post New Thread button just below the search field.

https://defence.pk/forums/world-affairs.59/
https://defence.pk/forums/social-current-events.83/
They are not letting me my posts have to exceed a certain number :( but thank you rampi <3

I am driving the people here crazy too with my feminist stuff! Am covering the election for a newspaper as their political writer and I can't help but go feminist haha wait till I come there :P

I am well, how are you??? long time no talkie...i miss you :smitten:

how do i find movie thread.. rampi help mi.. :)
ps: I got boobs too
:omghaha: except better, they are man-boobs haha

Haven't yet developed a taste for Operas. Maybe I need to learn German and Italian. Would love to understand Bach's passions and maybe that'll inspire me.

:partay:

Acquired taste, chief. If you like Hindi fillum, you will LUV opera. It's the same plots; brothers get separated at birth, one gets brought up rich, the other is poor, they fight over a girl - that's Verdi's Il Trovatore. General comes back victorious, princess falls for him big time, he falls for enslaved enemy princess big time, he accidentally gives away secret plans for war manoeuvres, priests bump them both off, burying them alive - that's Aida. I could go on.

Bach won't take you there, he's too mathematical, but Mozart, and Beethoven, might. Mozart's are charming, Rossini enthralling - he's really master of the game - Verdi was the one who churned out one winner after another - yes, you'll need time.

In Bach, I stick to the Brandenburg Concerti; never can get my fill of them. Anytime, anywhere.

So, you see, one more input to remind me that I don't really fit in. Anywhere. :D

:partay:

Acquired taste, chief. If you like Hindi fillum, you will LUV opera. It's the same plots; brothers get separated at birth, one gets brought up rich, the other is poor, they fight over a girl - that's Verdi's Il Trovatore. General comes back victorious, princess falls for him big time, he falls for enslaved enemy princess big time, he accidentally gives away secret plans for war manoeuvres, priests bump them both off, burying them alive - that's Aida. I could go on.

Bach won't take you there, he's too mathematical, but Mozart, and Beethoven, might. Mozart's are charming, Rossini enthralling - he's really master of the game - Verdi was the one who churned out one winner after another - yes, you'll need time.

In Bach, I stick to the Brandenburg Concerti; never can get my fill of them. Anytime, anywhere.

So, you see, one more input to remind me that I don't really fit in. Anywhere. :D
Acquired taste indeed. The more you actually know the piece, the more you enjoy it. Plenty of time for a guy in early twenties (a kid to you) to acquire the taste and I really look forward to it.

You fit in just fine, Sir. You do realize that I just replied to you before replying to our rather elusive and ravishing lady @wxyz. :D

They are not letting me my posts have to exceed a certain number :( but thank you rampi <3

I am driving the people here crazy too with my feminist stuff! Am covering the election for a newspaper as their political writer and I can't help but go feminist haha wait till I come there :P

I am well, how are you??? long time no talkie...i miss you :smitten:

:omghaha: except better, they are man-boobs haha
I can always post it for you.

Wow, Really? Would love to read your articles. Do send them my way.

I am well, Thank you. And yeah, I've missed you too. :P

Acquired taste indeed. The more you actually know the piece, the more you enjoy it. Plenty of time for a guy in early twenties (a kid to you) to acquire the taste and I really look forward to it.

You fit in just fine, Sir. You do realize that I just replied to you before replying to our rather elusive and ravishing lady @wxyz. :D

:woot::ashamed: you can respond to me whenever rampi, i adore you!

A little nervous bc I don't know how good they are but I will for sure! I posted it, I had to have 29 posts so I made some more. I tagged you in it.

Glad you're well :P

:woot::ashamed: you can respond to me whenever rampi, i adore you!

A little nervous bc I don't know how good they are but I will for sure! I posted it, I had to have 29 posts so I made some more. I tagged you in it.

Glad you're well :P
Didn't get the notification for the tag.

Back
Top Bottom