What's new

Whatever

Well, Swedish system is a bit different than other system from other country. But well, as I said, my job is to teach courses in the academy, there are no way I am starting again as a private heh

Usually if you had served in the military of friendly nation, especially those belong to NATO grouping, they will give you your old rank back given if you discharged honourably. Problem is that Swedish military (and home guard to this ends) does not run on a NATO frameworks, and hence they cannot give me the same rank I had before when I was with the US military, ironically, if I were to enlist in Turkish military, I will probably get my old rank reinstated as Turkey is running on NATO frameworks.

But meh, I ain't complaining, don't really care much for ranks anyway. As long as I can be the man in the house lol (remember my wife is a OF-4, she is being promoted to OF 5 actually when she took the offer...)

Well, I guess if you are going to be in the front line, you gonna be careful on what you are doing, as I said, you have to have conviction with your mission, that mean you always going to be putting your mission first, then everything have to be set aside. And there will be times when you have to get your hand dirty. Ground Warfare is a lot messier than Seaborne warfare, but as long as you are expecting what to do and you will do them when you need to do them, then it will be just fine, just don't expect yourselves to be able to do everything right at first, I had my own period of blanking out and don't know what to do next, but it will be becoming easier with every decision you take.

About GF, been there, my first fiancé left me when I was deployed to Iraq, and your world just sinks when you read that Dear John letter now imagine you are in a warzone... but eventually you will understand girls are everywhere, and you only have one chance to serve your country.

And yeah, you can still come back here on PDF every once in a while, just don't do it when you are on a mission, don't want to get killed over PDF you know...lol

Good Luck, and talk to you soon

Ahaha..I see it. Not my interest but It's more ironical that you picked one of the three top euro countries out of the entire continent that are not in NATO :D. Anyways its your wife that's from Sweden after all, so.
Thanks for friendly advices, that's what I think I would fear most and likely to happen and will kick my a**, but as you said its just one girl we all naturally were thaught to throw all the non-essentional stuff out our minds when deployed aren't we and we both know what'd have happened if we were to pick one of two, outta respect. There's a Turkish saying we had for this situation; "Die for your love but live for your country". I had met with an ex US army enlisted in southern France when I was in vacation we had nice talkings, he had a wide variety of CENTCOM tours, he said he had been through that "Dear John" thing at almost all of his tours.

I am home until November, like 3 months left still a long time period. Some buds there say for me its gonna be high on activity but they comment like the 15% of the assignment is combat firefight with hostiles and the rest is mostly exchange of fire followed by IED patrol, AO/base area patrol, guarding key state buildings. Let's just hope RoE isn't what it's told here.

Thanks, likewise.

11781701_984853091573086_1605012585823852338_n.jpg

Read this gem....

Ahaha..I see it. Not my interest but It's more ironical that you picked one of the three top euro countries out of the entire continent that are not in NATO :D. Anyways its your wife that's from Sweden after all, so.
Thanks for friendly advices, that's what I think I would fear most and likely to happen and will kick my a**, but as you said its just one girl we all naturally were thaught to throw all the non-essentional stuff out our minds when deployed aren't we and we both know what'd have happened if we were to pick one of two, outta respect. There's a Turkish saying we had for this situation; "Die for your love but live for your country". I had met with an ex US army enlisted in southern France when I was in vacation we had nice talkings, he had a wide variety of CENTCOM tours, he said he had been through that "Dear John" thing at almost all of his tours.

I am home until November, like 3 months left still a long time period. Some buds there say for me its gonna be high on activity but they comment like the 15% of the assignment is combat firefight with hostiles and the rest is mostly exchange of fire followed by IED patrol, AO/base area patrol, guarding key state buildings. Let's just hope RoE isn't what it's told here.

Thanks, likewise.

Well.....ground combat is like this, say you have a 1 year tour like we do Stateside. you will get about 3 to 4 days intense action in maybe every 2 or 3 weeks. Quite depending on how your LT and your company CO, if your CO like to brag about or pushing for, a la Captain America type we said in the US Army, then you will get more assignment. Otherwise you will go with what you are train with. Which usually involve combat patrol, checkpoint duty or some rapid deployment stuff.

Every once in a while you will be part of an Ops, but usually you don't get to do much with those ops unless you are some sort of special troop, but most of the time, you will be stuck in your barrack with too much time to kill. 15% action is a high estimate I guess, cause I remember a lot of sitting idle time in my camp and time outside the wire is extremely limited. And if what you are facing is like what we faced in Iraq or Afghanistan, you will be like playing "Whack-a-mole" with them and it can get really frustrated especially if you get crap ROEs

But when you hit pay dirt, then well, all I can say is that will get pretty exciting, quick...lol

And right on about girl, it is just a cycle, it ran about the same, they came in, you go, then they left, and then you find another one, you go to war again, then they left again. until they can't deploy you anymore.

But still beg a question, I would rather much prefer they cheated on me, then break up with me when I got back, it's not like I can drop the war and go back to save my relationship, why they got to send us those letter...

Well.....ground combat is like this, say you have a 1 year tour like we do Stateside. you will get about 3 to 4 days intense action in maybe every 2 or 3 weeks. Quite depending on how your LT and your company CO, if your CO like to brag about or pushing for, a la Captain America type we said in the US Army, then you will get more assignment. Otherwise you will go with what you are train with. Which usually involve combat patrol, checkpoint duty or some rapid deployment stuff.

Every once in a while you will be part of an Ops, but usually you don't get to do much with those ops unless you are some sort of special troop, but most of the time, you will be stuck in your barrack with too much time to kill. 15% action is a high estimate I guess, cause I remember a lot of sitting idle time in my camp and time outside the wire is extremely limited. And if what you are facing is like what we faced in Iraq or Afghanistan, you will be like playing "Whack-a-mole" with them and it can get really frustrated especially if you get crap ROEs

But when you hit pay dirt, then well, all I can say is that will get pretty exciting, quick...lol

And right on about girl, it is just a cycle, it ran about the same, they came in, you go, then they left, and then you find another one, you go to war again, then they left again. until they can't deploy you anymore.

But still beg a question, I would rather much prefer they cheated on me, then break up with me when I got back, it's not like I can drop the war and go back to save my relationship, why they got to send us those letter...

I see lol. Well the assigned initial unit on my paper says "7th Gendarmerie Commando Training Regiment". I called in that friend who's know a cavalry officer in east commands a team of gendarme commandos deployed. Infantry or the army units nearly don't get involved at all. In fact that's why I begged the CO in office to put me in gendarmerie. By laws the gendarmerie (imagine a paramilitary force of Dept. of Homeland Sec.) is dispatched at events in a environment like two mayors declared self autonomous independence from the Republic, nearly 1 KIA each day unfortunately, its normal to see RPG fires on state buildings every night, QRF choppers airborne almost every week. I don't know Iraq man, wish we didn't have this violance at all but it's killing me and like a storm that gets heavier every once you see flagged coffins on TV. You know the sh.it hits the fan harder when the violence is at home. I think free time thing depends on where you get posted after you get the blue beret. It can be a brigade HQ, provincial commando det...etc. Let's just hope I get a midheaded CO, not too rambo not too calm.

One thing to clarify, when saying commando, its not like the army's cavalry forces but rather similar to Rangers and 10th Mountain. But exclude airborne training and SOC. But that's a rough description hence I can have no exact idea on how these two are trained. Basically light infantry with focused directly on COIN and rapid deployment, disaster relief.

But to be serious, they say there are pinball and game consols available to servicemen "to kill time" :)

BTW if I were to summarize S.E now, here's the footage from last week to today. Cops and gendarmerie.

d1ca4f4342ccf79c00a9aa160f67dd19.jpg.thumb_700.jpg

xvl6GtFFb62BlHjLKhykzk-lNDkcwcR1lS0LN65P64Bo5K11wKuiUjPtfJxjpUSJzfDCm3qExKrGyCCHTUu7ilWMw543VqMORCNFitzpyIiAVnGaHxeQof850nk9lkVCM4fIh5o3wLXPwSIpYhDcIjz6N90r7GQezdpg2DNyDpKQCs0cTfO_hWGfN973i5PaG4rIyC8cHxRpgYCv=w510-h289-nc

227741_3.jpg

fy9Zr3FURNcM0_VT52p4F3itrGxT8fIQRs--F4dQJEcHb3VvJVzWnnTnIc88iXeNAoO4OC75jPpos3y8KLptSNIK-L7s2vtOsEjKoX_O1GaRQjKZQVaUumZUMKFuEoWtNJvlQ9M7OWOoMvBEJWredTxWDH_9ftCAx-0=w525-h280-nc

_ndNyRAZV-0yHreKH_qKaM2PuriFX3QYuetUXdpk9EMadbM6uAPNVVJHX2JrEoXt0moVvEnuvq1QaF9MRMoHxzRz14BgGBPoUaW3XqLZx4M=w450-h327-nc

700x296558_operasyon2_2.jpg

3xonbopb.jpg

Last edited:
@SvenSvensonov ( @Technogaianist ) Hi, my hearty Congratulations on the most precious gift you are about to get :yahoo:Enjoy quality time and take good care of the family :big_boss:

Thanks:cheers:. I'm both really excited and really nervous. She'll be our first child, I'm sure she's going to end up a spoiled brat from us overdoing it. She isn't even born yet and I'm dreading her teenage years:lol:.

@Armstrong @Nihonjin1051 how are you guys doing and how's life and the forum treating you (I need a break from some of the negativity floating around here)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see lol. Well the assigned initial unit on my paper says "6th Gendarmerie Commando Training Regiment". I called in that friend who's know a cavalry officer in east commands a team of gendarme commandos deployed. Infantry or the army units nearly don't get involved at all. In fact that's why I begged the CO in office to put me in gendarmerie. By laws the gendarmerie (imagine a paramilitary force of Dept. of Homeland Sec.) is dispatched at events in a environment like two mayors declared self autonomous independence from the Republic, nearly 1 KIA each day unfortunately, its normal to see RPG fires on state buildings every night, QRF choppers airborne almost every week. I don't know Iraq man, wish we didn't have this violance at all but it's killing me and like a storm that gets heavier every once you see flagged coffins on TV. You know the sh.it hits the fan harder when the violence is at home. I think free time thing depends on where you get posted after you get the blue beret. It can be a brigade HQ, provincial commando det...etc. Let's just hope I get a midheaded CO, not too rambo not too calm.

One thing to clarify, when saying commando, its not like the army's cavalry forces but rather similar to Rangers and 10th Mountain. But exclude airborne training and SOC. But that's a rough description hence I can have no exact idea on how these two are trained. Basically light infantry with focused directly on COIN and rapid deployment, disaster relief.

But to be serious, they say there are pinball and game consols available to servicemen "to kill time" :)

BTW if I were to summarize S.E now, here's the footage from last week to today. Cops and gendarmerie.

d1ca4f4342ccf79c00a9aa160f67dd19.jpg.thumb_700.jpg

xvl6GtFFb62BlHjLKhykzk-lNDkcwcR1lS0LN65P64Bo5K11wKuiUjPtfJxjpUSJzfDCm3qExKrGyCCHTUu7ilWMw543VqMORCNFitzpyIiAVnGaHxeQof850nk9lkVCM4fIh5o3wLXPwSIpYhDcIjz6N90r7GQezdpg2DNyDpKQCs0cTfO_hWGfN973i5PaG4rIyC8cHxRpgYCv=w510-h289-nc

227741_3.jpg

fy9Zr3FURNcM0_VT52p4F3itrGxT8fIQRs--F4dQJEcHb3VvJVzWnnTnIc88iXeNAoO4OC75jPpos3y8KLptSNIK-L7s2vtOsEjKoX_O1GaRQjKZQVaUumZUMKFuEoWtNJvlQ9M7OWOoMvBEJWredTxWDH_9ftCAx-0=w525-h280-nc

_ndNyRAZV-0yHreKH_qKaM2PuriFX3QYuetUXdpk9EMadbM6uAPNVVJHX2JrEoXt0moVvEnuvq1QaF9MRMoHxzRz14BgGBPoUaW3XqLZx4M=w450-h327-nc

700x296558_operasyon2_2.jpg

3xonbopb.jpg

Lol, this is what the Swede Did in Afghanistan

18s10-frida-92__mngl_20101018ab5x010,nyh_1.indd_5356.jpg

73d6ef3474350e81515749232bb6a3f7.jpg

522523_499565046772825_1043491271_n.jpg

tumblr_lz24kuSkxp1r9khx4o1_500.jpg

lol..........Good Time....

and this is for you dude

0001.jpg

yeah, she is Norge, her pants is of M/98 uniform

Thank goodness you believe me, I'm manually searching thousands of photos of the Norwegian armed forces in Afghanistan trying to find it somewhere in the database, and I know it's in there, I just don't know the search term:lol:.

Hej by the way, long to no see:wave:. I see your joining the ranks of members seeking a reprieve from the forum?

*if this doesn't make sense, I'm using my friend's account for the week (then it's back to banville), but you might remember me better as

SvenSvensonov

Thanks:cheers:. I'm both really excited and really nervous. She'll be our first child, I'm sure she's going to end up a spoiled brat from us overdoing it. She isn't even born yet and I'm dreading her teenage yes:lol:.

@Armstrong @Nihonjin1051 how are you guys doing and how's life and the forum treating you (I need a break from some of the negativity floating around here)?

She'd be Daddy's Princess that's for sure ! :agree:

And besides she'd always have her Uncle Armstrong to spoil her further ! :kiss3:

So hows Mrs.Sven doing ? Tell her to take good care of herself ! :agree:

Life's been going well ! :tup:

She'd be Daddy's Princess that's for sure ! :agree:

I don't want to over do it though, but I'm probably going to since all parents, even against their better judgement, spoil their first child.

Oh, and I need name suggestions:pissed:. Technogaianist keeps telling me to name our girl after her (has she ever told you her name? I don't want mention it if she hasn't), but I don't want to be reminded of that goofball everyday of the week:whistle:.

So hows Mrs.Sven doing ?

She's tired, I've lugged her around Croatia for the past week, I think I've fallen in love with Croatia:partay:, fortunately we're staying with my sister in Sweden, so we at least have some familiarity and family to make life more comfortable. But she's in the stage of her pregnancy that she's got cravings for things she'd never touch otherwise, like pickles:bad:. I'm a vegetarian, and even I don't want to touch those.

Life's been going well ! :tup:

That's good. Anything interesting going on outside or inside the forum? I haven't been keeping up too much.

I don't want to over do it though, but I'm probably going to since all parents, even against their better judgement, spoil their first child.

Oh, and I need name suggestions:pissed:.

You will spoil her that's for sure...all parents have and always will ! :agree:

And no comment on the Uncle Armstrong thing - I am still not a brother ? :cry:

Its alright I am brother to Mrs.Sven and an Uncle from that angle ! :smokin:

Name....hmmmn....that's a difficult one. How about Kiera ? :)

She's tired, I've lugged her around Croatia for the past week, I think I've fallen in love with Croatia:partay:, fortunately we're staying with my sister in Sweden, so we at least have some familiarity and family to make life more comfortable. But she's in the stage of her pregnancy that she's got cravings for things she'd never touch otherwise, like pickles:bad:. I'm a vegetarian, and even I don't want to touch those.

:lol:

Well give her my regards ! :)

That's good. Anything interesting going on outside or inside the forum? I haven't been keeping up too much.

Whats new....hmmmn....I got a new laptop which has Windows 8 on it....why the heck do you Americans have to tamper with stuff so much ? I can't make much sense of this operating system and it was difficult enough switching from Windows 98 to XP and later Vista ! :pissed:

Plus I'd be starting Graduate Studies soon ! :smokin:

My, my what a little clown you are. You ask them to provide links to their articles, and they explode into a fury:disagree:. And it's funny that you try to hide behind Turkish to avoid me reading your comment, but I can still read it. You'd be surprised by my linguistic skills. It's amazing what you can learn in the military if you're in the right position.

You seem to have a problem, first with Technogaianist/Transhumanist and now me. I'd suggest you don't press the later any further than you'd have to. It won't be pleasant.

Have a nice day, lura. Nice to see the forum is attracting such high quality members:bunny:.

I'm sure more people will believe me over you. You don't seem to have a good reputation.

Whatever | Page 4043

Hi @Neptune and @cabatli_53 how have you guys been? I haven't seen you in a while. How's the forum been treating you guys? I'm noticing it's gone downhill quite a bit I'm the two months I've been away.[/QUOTE

Hey..thanks for asking. Lests just fine but as you see both j and me are rejoining so. How's you

Back
Top Bottom