What's new

Whatever

the C++ cant understand a word :lazy::lazy:my system is shutting down,C+- :lazy:
Will meet tommarow.

I run on a healthy diet of Win 7 and Red Hat. For health purposes, I stay away 10km for the nearest machine running OS X.

I abandoned WinDoze long long back. Its such a stupid OS. BTW I have heard nice things about Win7, but have no courage to test it. I have migrated completely to Linux once and for all. As, most of my work expects me to spend time on a VI editor/GDB console, running a host Linux definitely makes my life easier.

Some clients expects me to use Windoze in their network, but none of the companies have migrated to 7 yet, all are in XP.

@KillBill are you working on Embedded Systems.I have ES in this sem and it's really getting on my nerves.

Where's Forrest Griffin? Someone please quote that so she can see this post. :rofl:

The professor was saying that it would take that long, several hours to a few days. And believe me, that guy knows C++ and Computer Science inside out. He talks so much off-topic computer science stuff in class it's unbelievable.

As far as the problem itself goes, it was an 'assertion failed' error. That was being triggered by a GUI library function call. So I removed that call, then I was getting a segmentation fault. I ran it with gdb, it didn't mention a line number from my code but mentioned 'memcpy.S' which makes me think it was one of my delete commands on dynamically allocated space. I removed all the deletes except the ones that are triggered when program shuts down and yet it still gives me the same error. I can in fact run the program right now and copy paste the error that gdb outputs.

The segmentation fault is rare but not too hard to trigger. Program runs fine for the most part except that error. I have been trying to find the pattern, i.e. the pattern that causes the segmentation fault, but can't so far.

Looks like you are corrupting the Stack. Can you send me the GDB console log in PM please?

About professors and looking smart ;) Well I can understand.... what we think as knowing inside out turns out to be very very limited.

@KillBill are you working on Embedded Systems.I have ES in this sem and it's really getting on my nerves.

Embedded is THE computer sc. application. Once you get the nag, you would love it. BTW If you need any help, let me know in PM, or may be you can catch in some IM so that we can talk.

Well Zaki is here to talk to me... he is so sweet... :partay: and so are you. :D;)

the way you are adding peoples on ignore list i wouldn't be suprised that one day you will visit this forum and all active members are in your ignore list :rofl::rofl::rofl: people reply but you see only one message that is "You have put this member in your ignore list" :angel:

I hope i don't go in your ignore list that early :oops:

Believe me, I have been trying really hard to bring about the crash but it ain't happening. I know it's there, it just has to come.

As far as the professor goes, trust me, once you meet this guy, you'll know what I am talking about. I see where you're coming from, but this guy is not that. He is not even a professor but a PhD student. He knows C++ and OOP from the back of his hands.

Back
Top Bottom