What's new

Whatever

Well, whether she deserves to get banned or not is a call of mods not mine. And I am too nice to her, because she is here, In here no animosity among anyone :D

lol! Zaki was right.. adding people to ignore list usually don't work as you end up reading their messages in other people quotes..

What should be the solution to such problem KillBill... add the person who is quoting to ignore list too? ;)

There are moms, geriatrics and bafoons that roam the web and they dominate the numbers. Companies unfortunately work for money and they aren't focused towards developing for people who can do the job themselves.

Very true, very very true...
Thats the reason why Windows became a success, and then they dont like people to know more about the system...

Thats why I chose Linux.

lol! Zaki was right.. adding people to ignore list usually don't work as you end up reading their messages in other people quotes..

What should be the solution to such problem KillBill... add the person who is quoting to ignore list too? ;)

Who all have you ignored?

Found something on google

An 85-year-old widow went on a blind date with a 90-year-old man.
When she returned to her daughter's house later that night, she seemed upset.
"What happened, Mother?" the daughter asked.
"I had to slap his face three times!"
"You mean he got fresh?"
"No," she answered. "I thought he was dead!"

Very true, very very true...
Thats the reason why Windows became a success, and then they dont like people to know more about the system...

Thats why I chose Linux.

I run on a healthy diet of Win 7 and Red Hat. For health purposes, I stay away 10km for the nearest machine running OS X.

@SMC, sparklingway

Well, for desktop environment, your arguments are fine. people can go and search their required softwares/libraries and install them manually. The situation becomes messy when you consider the embedded environment. There are thousands of dependencies you need to resolve and if they are not a part already you need to pull all the libraries and you will introduce a few more dependencies. You cant imagine how many nights I have spent in office resolving such stupid dependencies.

The solution is again to move to some known platform,like mobilin or android or something like that, but there also you need to be happy with the version the distro comes with.

The other solution is more attractive, move to C :D

True, C++ is def dirty, but thats because people have made them like that. I used to write C++ prog before I changed my profession to firmware. Now I am way away from C++ Java etc. Life is all C and assembly now :). But I cant agree that you need such a long time to figure out the source of crash when you have a coredump file.

I wish I could help you, but thats sort of impossible as you cant share the source file or the coredump files. Or else I would have loved to help you.

The professor was saying that it would take that long, several hours to a few days. And believe me, that guy knows C++ and Computer Science inside out. He talks so much off-topic computer science stuff in class it's unbelievable.

As far as the problem itself goes, it was an 'assertion failed' error. That was being triggered by a GUI library function call. So I removed that call, then I was getting a segmentation fault. I ran it with gdb, it didn't mention a line number from my code but mentioned 'memcpy.S' which makes me think it was one of my delete commands on dynamically allocated space. I removed all the deletes except the ones that are triggered when program shuts down and yet it still gives me the same error. I can in fact run the program right now and copy paste the error that gdb outputs.

The segmentation fault is rare but not too hard to trigger. Program runs fine for the most part except that error. I have been trying to find the pattern, i.e. the pattern that causes the segmentation fault, but can't so far.

No moderators advised me.. to add such losers to ignore list... no need to argue with them and waste your energy... Now i don't feel that exhausted.. :yahoo:

I add them to ignore list and send them a nice ignore "receipt" in the same thread...;)

looks like you love to pick a fight... :P
Instead of losers you could have written members. Just by writing losers, you are provoking someone to thrown a flame ball at you ... :cheers:

Kis kis ko ignore karogey? That way you will hardly have any one to talk to ....

@SMC, sparklingway

Well, for desktop environment, your arguments are fine. people can go and search their required softwares/libraries and install them manually. The situation becomes messy when you consider the embedded environment. There are thousands of dependencies you need to resolve and if they are not a part already you need to pull all the libraries and you will introduce a few more dependencies. You cant imagine how many nights I have spent in office resolving such stupid dependencies.

The solution is again to move to some known platform,like mobilin or android or something like that, but there also you need to be happy with the version the distro comes with.

The other solution is more attractive, move to C :D

I really know nothing about embedded systems so I will stay away from that topic.

C to me is certainly a nice language except the lack of OOP which is something I really like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom