What's new

Whatever

I'm not much of a programmer but Java is easier to use but it has reached its maximum potential. Companies have been pushing it for too long now. It's time to revamp its application across the internet. Java applications can't run out of the box (I mean JRE has to be installed). There is a need to refocus on accessibility rather than asking people to install Flash player, Silverlight, Adobe Wave, JRE and what not.

Well again, I don't think the need for installing JRE is a big problem as almost every computer today has it installed. Also that reminds me that Java is platform independent. Works on any machine that has JRE installed. Which is also the reason why you need JRE to run Java code.

I'm not much of a programmer but Java is easier to use but it has reached its maximum potential. Companies have been pushing it for too long now. It's time to revamp its application across the internet. Java applications can't run out of the box (I mean JRE has to be installed). There is a need to refocus on accessibility rather than asking people to install Flash player, Silverlight, Adobe Wave, JRE and what not.

Java is user friendly ceratinly. But Apart from some syntaxes it is just an advanced C. The object oriented programming funda is the base of all advanced programming languages. And C is the mother of OOPs. Debugging could be an issue but IMO concept needs more focus than complexities.

Well again, I don't think the need for installing JRE is a big problem as almost every computer today has it installed. Also that reminds me that Java is platform independent. Works on any machine that has JRE installed. Which is also the reason why you need JRE to run Java code.

What I was trying to say is that multiple environment installations like flash, jre, wave and silverlight aren't easy for the average user.

Anyways, did you see Google's latest push for HTML5? Some guys from google have modified Quake 2 to run directly in a browser.

Quake II GWT port proves HTML5 isn't just for video -- Engadget

HTML5 sure is promising

C++ is a painful and dirty language. It's debugging capabilities are even worse. I have seen some segmentation faults and even with GDB tool I cannot track down where it is happening. Even professors told me it would take 1-2 days to track down the source of the crash. It's a huge multi-threaded program which is what makes it painful.

Java on ther other hand is a much more cleaner language. Slow, yes, restrictive, yes, but I don't mind either. And it's much more easier to correct errors as the stack trace gives all the information you need.

True, C++ is def dirty, but thats because people have made them like that. I used to write C++ prog before I changed my profession to firmware. Now I am way away from C++ Java etc. Life is all C and assembly now :). But I cant agree that you need such a long time to figure out the source of crash when you have a coredump file.

I wish I could help you, but thats sort of impossible as you cant share the source file or the coredump files. Or else I would have loved to help you.

Then you could have PMed them about your true intention behind starting that particular thread :P

No moderators advised me.. to add such losers to ignore list... no need to argue with them and waste your energy... Now i don't feel that exhausted.. :yahoo:

I add them to ignore list and send them a nice ignore "receipt" in the same thread...;)

Whats up guys!!
Anyways, jignostic, are you from Pune? "Lai bhaari" is a Puneri signature statement. And also, why are you reluctant to post the Indian flags next to your name?

Its 4 am and I have formatted my system the fourth time tonight. Do anyone knows how to multiboot linux?

You mean you want to use linux and windows? PM me your problem or else the whatever thread will become a tech support forum and many members wont like it :D

Dude, she deserves to get banned, or at the very least suspended. She gets away with attacking other ethnicities and calling other people deregetory terms that she did. You're being too nice to her. I feel that's because she is a female. I don't think you'd be too nice to a guy doing the same.

Well, whether she deserves to get banned or not is a call of mods not mine. And I am too nice to her, because she is here, In here no animosity among anyone :D

What I was trying to say is that multiple environment installations like flash, jre, wave and silverlight aren't easy for the average user.

Anyways, did you see Google's latest push for HTML5? Some guys from google have modified Quake 2 to run directly in a browser.

Quake II GWT port proves HTML5 isn't just for video -- Engadget

HTML5 sure is promising

Why not, you just go to google and search what you need and install it. I have been doing that long before I became proficient with computers and programming.

Why not, you just go to google and search what you need and install it. I have been doing that long before I became proficient with computers and programming.

There are moms, geriatrics and bafoons that roam the web and they dominate the numbers. Companies unfortunately work for money and they aren't focused towards developing for people who can do the job themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom