What's new

Whatever

53c90586f22e3.jpg

such clear starry sky in polluted south asia...

beautiful... looks like a scandinavian scene.

and the name "shandur" sounds like a place in a science fiction radio-play i once listened on bbc site... "shandakor".

@jamahir

Let me remind you that India did not ask for Partition. Pakistan did.

partition was because of the ego of two men... but that is now historical.

That said, once it was done, Kashmir became ours. Now if Pakistan wants it, they will have to fight us for it.

what about the kashmiris themselves??

You as an Indian will be part of that fight. Whether you like it or not.

You can stay out of that fight and pretend neutral till such time as the governement does not ask for compulsory conscription. Once it does, you cannot refuse.

Trying to do so at such time, will be treated as treason. And you know what the punishment for that in wartime is.

i am 30+.

such clear starry sky in polluted south asia...

beautiful... looks like a scandinavian scene.

and the name "shandur" sounds like a place in a science fiction radio-play i once listened on bbc site... "shandakor".
How about this , the sky is quite clear so you can see a lot of things just like in this image .

53c7ceb7697e9.jpg

Self portrait with Milky way visible, Naltar Pass, Gilgit Baltistan. By Mobeen Ansari
I guess and if I am alive, God Willing, when my sons are teenagers :enjoy:
Lolz , lets pray for the best .

How about this , the sky is quite clear so you can see a lot of things just like in this image .

53c7ceb7697e9.jpg

Self portrait with Milky way visible, Naltar Pass, Gilgit Baltistan. By Mobeen Ansari
green sky?? impressive.

and so many stars will make the sensible person feel powerless in front of nature.

@Color_Less_Sky , i know you don't know anything about shandur so some cool images and facts .
Al so known as the 'Roof top of the world ' . There is a polo tournament every year and it's been going on since 1936 .The tournament is held on Shandur Top, the highest polo ground in the world at 3,700 meters (the pass itself is at 3,800 meters). The festival also includesFolk music, dancing and a camping village is set up.
I have been there a couple of times only and i saw a lot of tourist , great fireworks at night , and a very cold night , remember it like yesterday so many camps .
Shandur Top - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
@utraash , @Georgeclark , @SrNair , @SpArK @Dr. Stranglove , @Leader , @Jazzbot , @Akheilos
@levina , @Shamain , @jamahir , @syedali73 , @Green Arrow , @krash , @waz , @Windjammer , @DESERT FIGHTER , @Menace2Society , @Armstrong ......... has any one ever been to shandur , @syedali73 , maybe you ?
53c90586f22e3.jpg

Most of us don't know jack about polo , but it's quite an experience .
186676,xcitefun-shandur-mela-16.jpg

Polo is actually quite popular in some parts of Chitral and Gilgit , when i went there Chitral was a very strong team it had beaten Gigit like three years in a row , a friendly rivalry between the two teams .
shandur_polo_mela.jpg

579201-Polo-1374251160-565-640x480.jpg

pic_shandur-festival-8.jpg

And this lake too is a beauty , cold but a beauty .

01%20Shandur%20Lake.jpg

Shandur-Lake.jpg

7541966990_4a627ef3be_h.jpg

It's not just a Polo festival ,Activities at Shandur include dance and music performances by different groups, trout fishing, mountaineering, trekking, hiking and horse riding.

Polo – The Game of Kings | Wandering Educators
there is Just one problem the way to it is quite rigged .
For obvious reasons an Indian Passport holder like me is not allowed to visit Shandur top. :)
One of my trainee who happens to be a Pakiatani was telling me that he wants to visit Taj Mahal. Unfortunately for Indians and Pakistanis, such wishes of visiting each other's countries would remain unfulfilled wishes.
Btw Shandur top looks like a beautiful place. :-)

For obvious reasons an Indian Passport holder like me is not allowed to visit Shandur top. :)
One of my trainee who happens to be a Pakiatani was telling me that he wants to visit Taj Mahal. Unfortunately for Indians and Pakistanis, such wishes of visiting each other's countries would remain unfulfilled wishes.
Btw Shandur top looks like a beautiful place. :-)

Why ? o_O

The Taj Mahal is a monument that epitomizes the decadence, intellectual ineptitude and the lack of leadership pedigree of the Mughals ! That instead of building Universities, Military Academies or whatever passed for Research Institutions back then they were busy building over-priced and gaudy mausoleum's for their dead lovers !

Why ? o_O

The Taj Mahal is a monument that epitomizes the decadence, intellectual ineptitude and the lack of leadership pedigree of the Mughals ! That instead of building Universities, Military Academies or whatever passed for Research Institutions back then they were busy building over-priced and gaudy mausoleum's for their dead lovers !
Are you a reincarnation of Aurangzeb??? :coffee:
I hope you know why Aurangzeb had put his father under house-arrest.

Anyway quixotic cartoon would never understand the importance of Tajmahal.

Are you a reincarnation of Aurangzeb??? :coffee:
I hope you know why Aurangzeb had put his father under house-arrest.

:o:

A leader's position exists to better the lives of people through passionate consideration for them and not to ingratiate himself and his 'royal' family at the expense of their sweat and toil like most of the Mughals did !

:o:

A leader's position exists to better the lives of people through passionate consideration for them and not to ingratiate himself and his 'royal' family at the expense of their sweat and toil like most of the Mughals did !

And who 're you to criticise Mughals???
I understand your plethora of feelings (called jealousy:haha:) . After all you did not have rulers like Shah Jahan who could afford to build monuments like Taj Mahal. :P

And who 're you to criticise Mughals???
I understand your plethora of feelings (called jealousy:haha:) . After all you did not have rulers like Shah Jahan who could afford to build monuments like Taj Mahal. :P

Who am I ? I am Armstrong the Magnificent ! :smokin:

Last I checked Shah Jehan's Empire extended to parts of Pakistan as well ! :unsure:

More of that 'tinted glasses history' at work ! :whistle:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom