What's new

Whatever

:lol: - 95 pounds at 7 months, Pyrs grow until they're three, he'll top out at around 200-220!!! He might seem big now, but he'll be even bigger in the coming months!

This is an actual picture of my parents Pyr, Perry - 215 pounds at 2 1/2 years:

View attachment 203814

:partay:

They rival Saint Bernards and Caucasian Mountain Shepards in the size category.

I didn't know that you were an Eskimo ! :whistle:

His name is Gabriel, though I call him Mr. P on account of him being a Great Pyr. We didn't name him, his previous owners did (what kind of butt couldn't care for such a well-mannered and docile dog?), but it's French enough for a French origin dog, so I think we'll keep it:smitten:.

A Great Pyranese ? He's going to be big!!!

:smitten::smitten:
I want to adopte a cat,but i don't want them to fight. :lol:

UOqoUlN.jpg

YNauh1a.jpg

I didn't know that you were an Eskimo ! :whistle:

Ok, ok, perhaps the Polar Bear wasn't the best choice for comparison seeing as how there are no Ice Bears in Sweden, but this native Swedish animal is about the same size too.

hmm... maybe a bit too small though:D:

104.jpg

Just think of this, but white and you've got yourself a Pyr!

Last edited:
oh, some of my cats ( my children :) ) would sleep for five to six hours, sometimes, in the day... and would wander off into the night and come back at 3:00 am or later.

one bird they hate is the crow... and crows actually attack cats... i too hate crows.

but cats are friendly and tolerant... look at this friendship of a cat ( fum ) and a owl ( gebra )... sadly, fum passed away last year, i think...

i didn't know they like that too. :tup:

do you give him fish??
It chases sparrows, squirrels and lizards. It sure would eat birds if ever catches one. Has caught two lizards and eaten 'em till now!

Once or twice gave him cooked but I'm sure wouldn't mind raw. Even eats potato and pees

:smitten::smitten:

UOqoUlN.jpg

YNauh1a.jpg

How old? Young dogs and cats can get acclimatized to each other very nicely if you introduce them when they are young.

Also:smitten::smitten:... so cute:yahoo:!!! Mmm, duck!

A Great Pyranese ? He's going to be big!!!

Yup:yahoo:! But the good thing about Pyrs is that they are lazy. One 20 minute walk... and the dog wants to sleep for the rest of the day. They eat once a day, drink once a day, go to the bathroom once a day, and sleep for the remaining 23 hours:lol:. They're more like cats than dogs. But they are fiercely loyal and independent, but unbelievably friendly unless threatened, great with kids, other animals, you're lap, and are the most gentle dogs I've ever come across.

A bit stubborn though, bred to be independent thinkers, they never listen:mad:.

How old? Young dogs and cats can get acclimatized to each other very nicely if you introduce them when they are young.

simple solution... out goes the dog, in comes the cat. :tup:

seriously, if the dog gets together with another dog, they can kill the cat... that's how dogs are.

It chases sparrows, squirrels and lizards. It sure would eat birds if ever catches one. Has caught two lizards and eaten 'em till now!

Once or twice gave him cooked but I'm sure wouldn't mind raw.

no, even the common house lizards are poisonous to humans... so my advise is let him chase birds but give him enough meat ( and fish ) so that he doesn't go after lizards.

Even eats potato and pees

wow. :lol:

goes to show how much we don't know about cats.

no, even the common house lizards are poisonous to humans... so my advise is let him chase birds but give him enough meat ( and fish ) so that he doesn't go after lizards.

wow. :lol:

goes to show how much we don't know about cats.
Yeah but wouldn't listen when hunting

I've also noticed it senses the tone of voice

Yeah but wouldn't listen when hunting

that's the thing about cats... too stubborn... if you prevent them, they become angry and run away for some time.

I've also noticed it senses the tone of voice

oh, yes... tone and mood too.

they are truly a precious wonder of the universe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom