What's new

Whatever

Got it, but long one so can read only when free......
Ya.. its long. :)
@Ravi Nair @DRAY
I have always wondered how you guys reach the right threads.Sometimes I get to read so much crap on pdf and then there're times when I read pure gem of an article.I've wondered if we could have a thread where we suggest the best threads of the day....I mean the really hatke ones.
Like this one
Wireless Sensor monitors firearm use in real time

or say @scorpionx 's article on Nehru ,(thanks to @DRAY and @SarthakGanguly 's contribution there)
Or like the one by @AUSTERLITZ which he had started for desertfox,based on WWII and Hitler.And other such threads...
The featured ones at the pdf home page 're not always the best ones.

Last edited:
Ya.. its long. :)
@Ravi Nair @DRAY
I have always wondered how you guys reach the right threads.Sometimes I get to read so much crap on pdf and then there're times when I read pure gem of an article.I've wondered if we could have a thread where we suggest the best threads of the day....I mean the really hatke ones.
Like this one
Wireless Sensor monitors firearm use in real time

or say @scorpionx 's article on Nehru ,(thanks to @DRAY and @SarthakGanguly 's contribution there)
Or like the one by @AUSTERLITZ which he had started for desertfox,based on WWII and Hitler.And other such threads...
The featured ones at the pdf home page 're not always the best ones.

usually the best way for me is to look at the poster. Fauji bhai, waz, Scorpionx Austerlitz etc :)

One of my favorite films used to be the early 90's Malayalam movies. They used to be simple stories that the majority of Keralites could relate to in real life told with Humor.

are priyadarshan's hindi films remake of these kerala films you refer to... his or of others??

i saw one quite serious malayali film on doordarshan ( with subtitles ) many years back... about a lady who loves someone but has to marry a wrestler... tragic ending it has.

Even though I criticise the industry for employing out of shape actors, in my opinion, it still makes the best films in south india. And quite grounded in terms of execution in the part of India known for huge leaps and complete lack of logic in their films haha :P

i agree, especially on the your second para... the horror that is the modern telugu film... so loud and with unnecessary stunts that defy common sense... i remember a chiranjeevi stunt scene... he riding a horse through city roads, at high speed... he has to reach a wedding hall where his beloved is about to be forcibly married off to someone else... for strange reasons, he cannot show his hero-giri after the garlands have been exchanged... so, chiranjeevi has to reach the place fast... on his horse... he sees a big sixteen-wheel truck in front of him... he makes the horse to fall, like they do with motorcycles... horse and chiranjeevi skid under the truck... come clean to the other side... horse easily lifts himself, chiranjeevi still on back... off they gallop again... :omghaha:

kannada films seem generally about promoting kannada and auto drivers... most kannada films seem to have very crass dialogue.

but ram gopal varma made good films... shiva is a good one... i saw the hindi version.

Early Bengali films and malayalam films excelled in portraying the human struggle.

true... of bengali films i remember the natural dialogue and setting... but these were 90's fillums and older.

Bollywood is far too escapist for me.

true... i don't see the need for films like phata poster nikla hero, and all those tamil-films-inspired ones like singham, and krish etc.

but even recently there have been good films like "ek chaalis ki last local", and the latest, "happy ending" ( which levina seems not to like... :flame: ).

For escapism I rely on Hollywood, which executes escapism in the form of fantasy and science fiction quite well.

blade runner and gattaca were two of the best films i have seen... and strictly not hollywood... twenty four weeks later, sunshine and "love, actually" were fine british films.

why do you jump into conclusions??
Its one of the best Saif ali khan movies directed by Vishal bhardwaj.How come you've not heard of it?
If you can like happy ending then i bet you'll like omakra too.And ditto with cocktail.

i just looked up "omkara" in wiki... ajay devgan and saif are gangsters... and i am a calm cat... so...

but i will say that one of saif's best films was "ek hasina thi"... he played a suave villain with such comfort... he can be a bond villain.

Oh is it??
:D
But i think except her broad forehead she looks very Indian.

< cough cough > you seem to have missed on this comment of mine...

lovely lady in your profile-picture... :tup:

ethiopian, you say... about two weeks back, i was looking at a youtube vid of ethiopian/eritrean ladies... quite innocently, i assure you... and they are quite lovely there... and they all seem so south asian... so very south asian.

----------

another good film is seher, starring arshad warsi... then there is haasil

Italy's first female astronaut arrives at space station: NASA

Italy's first female astronaut arrives at space station: NASA - Yahoo News

@Skull and Bones , Your GF has left you??...:D

@levina @BDforever @scorpionx and @DRAY , What should he do?:)
he will be like .....
1545099_10202682261158393_500202443_n.jpg

i just looked up "omkara" in wiki... ajay devgan and saif are gangsters... and i am a calm cat... so...

but i will say that one of saif's best films was "ek hasina thi"... he played a suave villain with such comfort... he can be a bond villain.

< cough cough > you seem to have missed on this comment of mine...
----------

another good film is seher, starring arshad warsi... then there is haasil
I've seen ek hasina thi,it was good.I liked Urmila Matondkar in it.Saif was good even in Being Cyrus.
I've not watched seher till now but I think the song "allah ke bande" is from that movie is it???
Let me serach haasil...I dont know about it at all.
jamahir said:
lovely lady in your profile-picture... :tup:

ethiopian, you say... about two weeks back, i was looking at a youtube vid of ethiopian/eritrean ladies... quite innocently, i assure you... and they are quite lovely there... and they all seem so south asian... so very south asian
This pic came up in search results when I searched pretty/beautiful African gals. I liked another gal who was very dark wearing gold jewellery,she had beautiful features but I could not upload her pic for some reason and then I saw Sara Nuru's pic so I chose her.

@jamahir what do you think of limitless movie, also paycheck and kpax
I loved hulchul movie but later priyadarshan became too slapstick

@levina
Do you watch movies(except Indian drama movies) ?
all sorts of movies..i like movies like Salt, U 571 and anything thrilling, I dont like the usual romantic movies..... drama to an extent is bearable. One reason you will find me surfing net rather than watching serials on television. LOLzz

I've seen ek hasina thi,it was good.I liked Urmila Matondkar in it.Saif was good even in Being Cyrus.

yes, urmila was good in that film... her fear and other emotions seemed real.

I've not watched seher till now but I think the song "allah ke bande" is from that movie is it???

no... "allah ke bande" is from another fine film, "waise bhi hota hai - part 2", which stars arshad warsi ( who also stars in seher )... "waisa bhi" has no part 1... and it has that beautiful song "sajna aa bhi ja", sung and portrayed by shibani kashyap... it is a fine and funny film... some khalistani men provide some comedy... a crazy film... you must see it... :-)

Let me serach haasil...I dont know about it at all.

haasil is a superb film by tigmanshu dhulia, and stars jimmy shergill, irfan khan and hrisitaa bhatt... it's set in the student politics of uttar pradesh... good story and good acting.

and that reminds of another film... gulaal... another student politics setting but mixed with royal family politics, and this time in rajasthan... fine acting by all... full film below... the film is by anurag kashyap, and the atmosphere is very good.

@Ravi Nair you should watch gulaal, and also those i mention above.

This pic came up in search results when I searched pretty/beautiful African gals. I liked another gal who was very dark wearing gold jewellery,she had beautiful features but I could not upload her pic for some reason and then I saw Sara Nuru's pic so I chose her.

:tup:

It's unfortunate but Guruji Tegh Bahadur thread is shut down by @Oscar. @jamahir has prevented it from going beyond the 4th page. There was no fight anyway, I am happy for that. Anway...I don't mind. I owe the existence of my faith, culture and heritage to the man. Hence my devotion. :)

@Sidak @Prometheus @he-man @Juggernautjatt

Surprisingly 'How Muslims were massacred in Gujarat' (based on a 12 year old event)continues with anti Hindu diatribes and jamahir goes on stating his desire to massacre all 900 million of us. :D LOL. :omghaha:

@Armstrong - Where on Earth are ya? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom