What's new

Whatever

@levina

I missed reading my thread too....

lol

All seriousness, I will probably come back and do some article. Nothing is of certain yet, but well, I can only say anything is of possibility here

Last edited:
Let me see, who can answer this simple (following) question:

u27.png

i

i didn't watch omkara... it is about gangsters, yes?? i don't like films which promote gangsterism... we wouldn't like to live where gangsters operate, yes??

cocktail... from wikipedia, it seems a masala film... though i like the description about saif being "a shameless flirt"... so me, heh he... but seems quite the formula film.

rubbish choices of yours, those two... :P

love aaj kal... yes, i liked it very much... specially the saif part... especially when he goes into the shop and the object of his affections tells him something straightforwardly... i don't remember what she says but that scene is nice... reminds me now of my object of affections... :)

i will recommend a few films... pukar ( anil kapoor ), vijeta ( shashi kapoor production, kunal kapoor as hero ), jhankaar beats ( very natural ), the grand budapest hotel... that is all i can remember... :D

One of my favorite films used to be the early 90's Malayalam movies. They used to be simple stories that the majority of Keralites could relate to in real life told with Humor.

Even though I criticise the industry for employing out of shape actors, in my opinion, it still makes the best films in south india. And quite grounded in terms of execution in the part of India known for huge leaps and complete lack of logic in their films haha :P

Early Bengali films and malayalam films excelled in portraying the human struggle.

Bollywood is far too escapist for me.

For escapism I rely on Hollywood, which executes escapism in the form of fantasy and science fiction quite well.

One of my favorite films used to be the early 90's Malayalam movies. They used to be simple stories that the majority of Keralites could relate to in real life told with Humor.

Even though I criticise the industry for employing out of shape actors, in my opinion, it still makes the best films in south india. And quite grounded in terms of execution in the part of India known for huge leaps and complete lack of logic in their films haha :P

Well still those movies are watched, infact when i was leaving to office today morning they were showing "Thalavattom" in TV, was late to office by 10 minutes.......Those were the days of Priyadarsan, and srinivasan......... Well most of the mallu actors are out of shape, and i guess mollywood is one industry which gives importance to acting rather than looks or shapes.....Mohanlal is the best example....

Well still those movies are watched, infact when i was leaving to office today morning they were showing "Thalavattom" in TV, was late to office by 10 minutes.......Those were the days of Priyadarsan, and srinivasan......... Well most of the mallu actors are out of shape, and i guess mollywood is one industry which gives importance to acting rather than looks or shapes.....Mohanlal is the best example....

I recently watched Nadodikattu in youtube. Yes, there is slapstick comedy galore in it. But a lot of the comedy is also dialogue based and the acting out those scenes. There is no audio cues there.

In Bollywood movies, they have this really bad habit of putting in audio cues as punchlines in comedy dialogues.

@nair I read in The Hindu an opinion piece by a Tamil movie critic and he laid down why he thinks Malayalam movie industry is the best in terms of quality down south.

The years 2003-2008 were horrible, but recently, there has been innovation again. Of course, you still have to sift through large amounts of crap.

yes Qamar..she's an ethiopian. Sara Nuru is her name.

Why is it that guys 're always very over confident about themselves?? :lol:

:disagree:
Your issue is, that to you whoever differs from your opinion is inferior to you.
i'm being blunt because i think I've the liberty and also the reason to believe so.:agree:

i bet you hate PS4.. :D
I'm not much into gaming these days but my hubby luvs it.So I'm not against video gamers lolzz.

You're right that teenagers here 're mostly trolls. But i also found trolls among the professionals here.That reminds me of @jhungary. I miss reading his threads...the best among his threads (according to me) was this one
Donut Dollies – Another Prespective of Vietnam War

It brought me to tears.
@Ravi Nair @nair @scorpionx @DRAY 've you guys read this thread?

There're many more such cartoons on this forum.
And you're a guy who thinks at a completely different level and you must realise that we're (most of us) 're not as evolved as you. :P

I dont have an answer to that.

By lacking emotions I meant the characters were way too practical and they both lacked a certain chemistry.Add to it that it wasnt scripted properly. It could've been better.IMO!!
Among Saif's movies I like Omkara,cocktail and love aaj-kal.
i can recognize ethiopian girls anywhere..... they got some really beautiful girls from there.

I recently watched Nadodikattu in youtube. Yes, there is slapstick comedy galore in it. But a lot of the comedy is also dialogue based and the acting out those scenes. There is no audio cues there.

In Bollywood movies, they have this really bad habit of putting in audio cues as punchlines in comedy dialogues.

@nair I read in The Hindu an opinion piece by a Tamil movie critic and he laid down why he thinks Malayalam movie industry is the best in terms of quality down south.

The years 2003-2008 were horrible, but recently, there has been innovation again. Of course, you still have to sift through large amounts of crap.

See the golden period of Malayalm Industry was during the peak time of Barathan, pathmarajan,Priyadarsan, Mohanlal, Sreenivasan, Jayaram, Mukesh...... Those days the movies were fun, and there were very few which you could avoid....... But then there was this period when every movie was flop and there was no good script, That was the time when producers started making movies in binami names with Shakeela as the lead artists........ That was the worst time for Mollywood......

i didn't watch omkara... it is about gangsters, yes?? i don't like films which promote gangsterism... we wouldn't like to live where gangsters operate, yes??
why do you jump into conclusions??
Its one of the best Saif ali khan movies directed by Vishal bhardwaj.How come you've not heard of it?
If you can like happy ending then i bet you'll like omakra too.And ditto with cocktail.

Early Bengali films and malayalam films excelled in portraying the human struggle.
Bollywood is far too escapist for me.
For escapism I rely on Hollywood, which executes escapism in the form of fantasy and science fiction quite well.
whats wrong with today's malayalam movies??Those 're equally good.
The movies like cocktail,5 sundarikal,drishyam,Biju menon and Kunchako movie and so many more...i can remember the stories but the names of movies.Uff
i can recognize ethiopian girls anywhere..... they got some really beautiful girls from there.
Oh is it??
:D
But i think except her broad forehead she looks very Indian.
is that you in the DP bro. Looking badass :D
He looks very indian isnt it???
say yes ...say yes... I know @qamar1990 'll be fuming. :D

@levina

I missed reading my thread too....

lol

All seriousness, I will probably come back and do some article. Nothing is of certain yet, but well, I can only say anything is of possibility here
wow!!
so you do get the notifications from this site.
I'm really looking forward to reading many more of your articles here.

Last edited:
whats wrong with today's malayalam movies??Those 're equally good.
The movies like cocktail,5 sundarikal,drishyam,Biju menon and Kunchako movie and so many more...i can remember the stories but the names of movies.Uff

Now you have picked few movies which is good, But there are several movies which is not even worth watching on tv, The point which i made was those days almost all movies were good and they had very few which flopped...... But these days every tom dick and harry become a script writer and makes movie, and producers are also not bothered as they get back their investment from satellite rights, overseas rights, music rights from websites and fm radios....But slowly the channels stop buying movies because of the quality of movies...... I read somewhere Mammotty had 23 flops in a row..........

Now you have picked few movies which is good, But there are several movies which is not even worth watching on tv, The point which i made was those days almost all movies were good and they had very few which flopped...... But these days every tom dick and harry become a script writer and makes movie, and producers are also not bothered as they get back their investment from satellite rights, overseas rights, music rights from websites and fm radios....But slowly the channels stop buying movies because of the quality of movies...... I read somewhere Mammotty had 23 flops in a row..........
23 flops??
really?

hey i had asked you if you've read this thread
Donut Dollies – Another Prespective of Vietnam War

did you miss that notification?
Its a very heart wrenching thread..read when free.

Back
Top Bottom